Photo

Set date before starting softcam possible?

Enigma2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spock

• 214 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 6 April 2011 - 00:59

I don't know how enigma2/openpli is setting it's time at bootup, but I guess it's by transponder or ntp. If it's by ntp, why dont we set the time before the softcam is launched, so the connection/online time and login date/time is shown properly (and also the logs). If it's fetched from transponders I guess it's a bit more inconvenient to start softcam after time is aquired.. If it's like this, would it be possible to have an option to use ntp instead? I seem to recall that my old dm500s box could do that, but im not certain.

Maybe the more advanced receivers keep time over reboots by battery/rtc, but atleast my dm500hd doesn't have such advanced things. :)

Re: Set date before starting softcam possible? #2 nfnovice

• 696 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 April 2011 - 05:41

where is that "report this post button"
DM800+DM7025+DM7020+DM7000+DM600+DM5620+DM500+VUDUO Dreambox great invention - whats it for ?

Re: Set date before starting softcam possible? #3 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 6 April 2011 - 06:44

Install ntpdate, e.g. using "opkg install ntpdate".

But the real bug is in the softcam - it should not use the wall clock time to determine uptime, that's simply a bug.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Set date before starting softcam possible? #4 FrancYescO

• 25 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 8 February 2016 - 15:15

Install ntpdate, e.g. using "opkg install ntpdate".

But the real bug is in the softcam - it should not use the wall clock time to determine uptime, that's simply a bug.

Not solved the issue for me ... date still say 2000/01/01 01:01:00 when softcam is started than will get corrected after a min

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users