Photo

Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here!

• Please log in to reply
2124 replies to this topic

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #781 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:29

In de background we're already discussing jow to improve this... So that also translaters can put something and then everything is updated wifhout we should commit something, but we still do not know how we can create this in a good way as it should not break image buids an images.....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #782 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 23 December 2014 - 00:03

Why do you push in trunk translation that breaks the build (the PT one) while the french one are still pending for weeks now... really I don't understand!

Do you have some problem with french speaking people, you don't want them to use your image?

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #783 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,380 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:50

@Pr2

I'm certain that skipping French translations haven't been done on purpose.
Please place the link or the patch once more so one of our members can commit it.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #784 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:26

Hi,

Here is the post where I propose the french translation...

http://forums.openpl...ndpost&p=454012

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #785 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,332 posts

+120
Excellent

Posted 23 December 2014 - 14:48

I am here also pointed to unadded translation: http://forums.openpl...-37#entry441154

Of course, that now is a lot of changes, and they are no longer so up to date.
But after it, did not follow any reaction, now I am doing as others who offered here translations in the past - not spending the time for that.
If openpli position is that we do not need translations, then sooner or later I also understood it.

Edited by Taapat, 23 December 2014 - 14:50.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #786 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,469 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 23 December 2014 - 20:50

We do need them, but sometimes the setup of the file is incorrect and that breaks our nightly builds so it takes us much time afterwards to correct them. As you can understand we are not happy with that situation

In the background we are discussing how to make the translations job much easier for the translators and the coders jncluding a filecheck of the translation file

Of you have any ideas please share them

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #787 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 23 December 2014 - 21:46

To avoid such problem:

Give a clear tutorial for people that try to help you with translation. This will be a good starting point.

People that want to translate a file need to read the 40 pages of this thread to try to catch what to do exactely, what are the authorised tool or not. If you read the beginning you ask for the full file, then somebody claims that he will only accept patch files.

Do you want the files .po, .mo, the patch, all of them?

Is this wrap / unwrap really a big problem?  Both file are valid.

I had to find myself how to regenerate the .po file from the trunk to have the up-to-date version to work on translation, I don't think that this is describe anywhere  (./configure --with-po).

Moreover I report that the same command doesn't work for the plugins, I report it but no feedback received.

Would be nice if this --with-po option works everywhere so we can have a full translation of all modules/plugins/extensions.

PoEdit is recommended by many people to create such translation file especially to avoid problems.

You can also ask for trusted translators that you are confident in so that you can push there translation (I guess that you also have trusted developpers). One or two translators per supported languages.

Sounds like many translators stop to provide files since they are not pushed in trunk. Translator do it for the other people because people that can translate are already understanding english so it is not a problem for them to have a mix of languages.

As translator it is not a problem if you correct some english sentences/typos and that I need to translate them again because the source description changes, as long as the provided translation are pushed in trunk on a regular basis and not having people that come and change the rules on how to provide translation files, since rules are not clear it is easy to change them in between.

Create a wiki page with the rules, how to generate up-to-date source .po files and the tools that we can use (or the forbidden tools) to create a proper file and how to provide the resulting file to you.

With proper tools and how-to you will avoid many problem.

By the way my provided files never prevent an OpenPLi compilation... when they are pushed to trunk... so I guess that I use the rigth procedure already.

Pr2

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #788 tigrousad

• 64 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 December 2014 - 18:55

hi.. neesd help please!!
after update, wlan desapear !!

help

[modbreak="modbreak"]
Please continue here for that question.
http://forums.openpl...an/#entry464356
[/modbreak]

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #789 soupalonion

• 15 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 27 December 2014 - 20:34

hi,

first things first, i'm not a coder and my english is not as good as i would like it be! :D

but i have few questions/ideas about enigma2 translation (and plugins translation too)...

1/ enigma2 translation seems to be separated from plugins/extensions translation? so it would be great to define what can be translated AND where!

e.g. AudioSync is an extension with its own files for translations, but provided by default in each new installation of OpenPLI

so it cant be translated through default file in /usr/share/enigma2/po/<LANG>/LC_MESSAGES/enigma2.mo

2/ somes strings seems to be duplicated because of case sensitive not respected? is it code related? can it be "normalized"?

e.g.

msgid "Positioner Setup"
msgstr "Configuration du Positionneur"

msgid "Positioner setup"
msgstr "Configuration du positionneur"

the 2nd one seems good to me, it should be like this everywhere... capital letter on first caracter only.

3/ some others string have error in it (please mispelled)

e.g.

msgid "No satellites configured. Plese check your tuner setup."
msgstr "Aucun satellite configuré. Veuillez vérifier la configuration de votre tuner."

4/ is there a way to generate a full and simple file of english language (as it is the coding default language) ?

that said, here french translation from pr2 reworked (mo file only, ask me for po if needed)

changes:

27-12-2014
- typo fixes
- new strings added:
* Network Configuration
* Network Setup
* Nameserver Setup
* Choose Tuner
* Choose your Skin
* Rename name and description for new events
* Serviceinfo
* DVB drivers:
* Memory Info
* This info is for developers only. For a normal users it is not important. Don't panic, please, when here will be displayed any suspicious informations!
* Refresh
* Configure which tuner type will be preferred, when the same service is available on different types of tuners. Choose 'no priority' to try each alternative one by one independent from tuner type.
* Enable fallback remote receiver
* Enable remote enigma2 receiver to be tried to tune into services that cannot be tuned into locally (e.g. tuner is occupied or service type is unavailable on the local tuner. Specify complete URL including http:// and port number (normally ...:8001), e.g. http://second_box:8001.
* Fallback remote receiver URL
* URL of fallback remote receiver
* Config resolution of pictures
* configure in which resolution pictures are displayed with the picture viewer and movieplayer
* HDMI-CEC Setup (1)
* No priority
* Show record indicator
* Configure if and how the record indicator will be shown in the channel selection list.
* Enable volume control with arrow buttons
* Enable OK as preview in channel selection
* When enabled you can control the volume with the arrow buttons instead of getting the channel selection list
* When enabled then when you select a new channel in the channel selection the channel selection will not close. It will only close when you select the current playing service. This a kind of preview mode (1)
* Red colored

(1) can't be translated, related to plugin/extension code?, for now i dont know...

Attached Files

• Attached File  fr.zip   70.42KB   2 downloads

Edited by soupalonion, 27 December 2014 - 20:34.

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #790 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 28 December 2014 - 22:23

Hi,

1/ Yes there is a way to generate the file(s) automatically but often doesn't work for plugin/extension.

2/ Yes on a pure french point of view but sometimes it is better to highlight some main words with a capital letter that draw the attention (we are not writing literature) most of the translation respect anyway the real french grammar (at least I try to but we also need to reduce some translation because french text are longer than the english one so some shortcut/english word can remain if they are understandable by everyone).

3/ Don't fix the english errors in the translation file source text otherwise the translation won't match, it needs to be fixed in the code itself and then generate a new .po file

4/ Yes there is an automatic way to create an up-to-date .po file before continuing translation (I always start my work on such file so I am sure to translate all that can be translated if strings are added or changed later on they are of course not included, but since last translation are not pushed to trunk I stop translation until it is pushed) and yes some strings cannot be translated at all, this happens and needs to be fixed in the code sources and then generate again a new .po file.

Pr2

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #791 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:04

I add the last Estonian language translation, translated with the help of poedit.

Please add it.

Thanks

Attached Files

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #792 Firex

• 199 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:23

Hello,

I want to translate some things in different menus with poedit into german.

One question:

Where can I get the "actual" .po file with all english originals? There http://sourceforge.n...master/tree/po/ I can find the de.po but in this one all is translated, but the file doesn`t show the new menu entries etc. which are not translated yet.

Must I "update" the .po file before or somesthing else or where I get the .po file with all actual (english) entries as "basic" for my translation work?

I hope, anyone understand what I mean ...

Regards

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #793 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,969 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:04

Russian language translation (full)

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #794 Firex

• 199 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 1 January 2015 - 15:16

Hello,

One question:

Where can I get the "actual" .po file with all english originals? There http://sourceforge.n...master/tree/po/ I can find the de.po but in this one all is translated, but the file doesn`t show the new menu entries etc. which are not translated yet.

Must I "update" the .po file before or somesthing else or where I get the .po file with all actual (english) entries as "basic" for my translation work?

Regards

Nobody can help?

Regards

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #795 soupalonion

• 15 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 1 January 2015 - 20:07

Hello,

One question:

Regards

Nobody can help?

Regards

hi,

there is no POT file up to date for enigma2 at the time...

you will have to modify the actual po file "by hand" if you want to update it

but for now there is no way to be sure that your changes will be taken into account in future versions of openpli

will/can it be merged with actual version of po file ? i don't know

of course, the best solution is to provide a basic POT file to have complete translation for all languages, but if i understand it right, this is a "work in progress" for now...

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #796 vaidas777

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 January 2015 - 10:43

Updated lithuanian translation.

Please add!

Attached Files

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #797 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:14

Is there a hope for the latest updates to entry? Or is there a problem with them. I would like to move forward, however, look forward to a newer file on sourceforge.

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #798 demosat1

• 363 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 7 February 2015 - 15:39

Hi,

Could you update the french language on git please !

Thanks

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #799 soupalonion

• 15 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 7 February 2015 - 18:52

Hi,

french translation updated with recent changes in about screen, and few strings missing in subtitles settings...

next step "Hotkey setup" part

@demosat1

i've just send it to ims and Erik, hope they will commit it in next release :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  fr.zip   122.13KB   1 downloads

Re: Translations for Enigma 2: Please post them here! #800 soupalonion

• 15 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 8 February 2015 - 01:19

french translation updated again

some typo fixes and hotkey partially translated

its seems that some strings in "Hotkey setup" can't be translated, i didn't figured out why...

don't bother to ask to commit it on sourceforge, it won't be, at least for now.

you will have to update mo file manually on your box.

Attached Files

• Attached File  fr.zip   122.15KB   5 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users