Photo

Are there still people that use motorised installations ?

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #21 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:30

I use motor but with my dm800 it seems the motor does not work :( i have to use my kathrein box to us usals.

With this version of the plugin you should not have a need anymore for your kathrein box in order to use usals. But if you do, please let me know what functionality your kathrein box offers that is not in this plugin. Thanks for your feedback.

"Het enige wat we leren van de geschiedenis is dat we niets leren van geschiedenis.", Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, 1831

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #22 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:53

Its a h2h mount/motor connected to a so Called V-box.

But you can use Diseqc 1.2 with your receiver. So why do you still need a V-box?

"Het enige wat we leren van de geschiedenis is dat we niets leren van geschiedenis.", Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, 1831

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #23 zackmuc

• 195 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2012 - 13:43

I use motor but with my dm800 it seems the motor does not work :( i have to use my kathrein box to us usals.

With this version of the plugin you should not have a need anymore for your kathrein box in order to use usals. But if you do, please let me know what functionality your kathrein box offers that is not in this plugin. Thanks for your feedback.

I attached the dm800 to the motor but it did not react to anything.. if i change to kathrein it works ...

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #24 Robinson

• 2,614 posts

+30
Good

Posted 15 February 2012 - 13:48

I attached the dm800 to the motor but it did not react to anything.. if i change to kathrein it works ...

Do you have the correct settings in your positioner setup screen?
Do you have correct satellites.ini file?
Have you entered correct geographical position if you are using USALS?

I bet one of these is not correct or perhaps other settings are not correct.
What is your rotor model?

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #25 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2012 - 13:49

Can you send me your settings file, please. It is here: /etc/enigma2/settings.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #26 zackmuc

• 195 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2012 - 14:06

Ok attached is my settings file of my DM800

Attached Files

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #27 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2012 - 14:59

@zackmuc
OK, try with these settings. I only changed the satellite configuration, nothing else. And I only installed Hotbird and Astra1 both using USALS. This is just to check if it works. Try with the positioner plugin to see if your box can move the rotor.

To install this you must stop your box in Telnet:
init 4
then, copy the settings file to /etc/enigma2
and reboot your box.

You can always restore your original settings in the same way.

Attached Files

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #28 zackmuc

• 195 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2012 - 22:02

If i boot dreambox .. and have a 19.2 channel i can recognize that the motor is making small movement left and right all the time .. but it does not do any reaction if i go to the positioner menu . even i have make move east or west . nothing happens ... with my kathie it works

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #29 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 16 February 2012 - 15:17

I noticed that your location is set to a longitude of 19.2 degrees. Are you sure that is correct? Please, check you tuner configuration, add other satellites that you used to receive, select Diseqc 1.2. Do not USALS for each satellite, initially. Go to Positioner Setup and press Move east and Move west. You should be able to see your motor move all the way from one end to the other. Then search for the satellite by tuning to a known transponder and press Search (east or west). The motor will stop as soon as it finds the transponder. Then press Auto-focus. Wait until it completes, then store the position in an index that you select yourself (you see the index value in the screen). If USALS works for your Kathrein, you should be able to use that now as well. Change your tuner configuration to use USALS: yes. You can test with in the Positioner Setup by using the Goto menu. Make sure the longituse is filled-in corretly and press gotoX. You should now be able to receive the transponder that you tuned onto.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #30 zackmuc

• 195 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 16 February 2012 - 15:37

The Problem is the motor only moves when i start the dm . also east, west, east, west until i switch the box off .. but if i go to positioner menu the motor does not do any move .. perhaps it is the cable .. i have to check these days ..

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #31 mirakels

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 7,598 posts

+62
Good

Posted 17 February 2012 - 00:12

Using tyour NimManager.py changes I wanted to play with the tunersetup. But after selecting a tuner enigma2 crashed complaining about the turningspeedH config name.

After adding the turninspeedV/H to another section of NimMamanger.py it works better. Here is the new diff relative to the current openpli tree.

Attached Files

Geen wonder... Had slechts een dm7000, maar wel ook een rotor. eigenlijk al een tijdje ook een dm600 en dm7025. Maar nu kijkend met een et9000 en vuduo

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #32 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2012 - 00:38

You'r right! I made a mistake when I compiled the package. Sorry for that and thanks for the correction.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #33 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:29

Here is a package with the fix. I hope I got it right this time. In fact, there is some code duplication both in the NimManager and in Satconfig. Could do with some cleanup ...

Attached Files

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #34 hispasat

• 23 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2012 - 18:52

my vbox-II is connected to VU+ and controlled by DiSEqC 1.2.
sf

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #35 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:30

Good work rhinoceros!

I see your ipkg also contains the modifed NimManager.py and SatConfig.py. So the diffs do not need to be applied to the openpli repository yet.
I also have a rotor but did not look at its config for ages... But if the positioner setup plugin can be improved we can certainly include in the repo. So if you move out of the 'testing' phase we can move it in. So rotor/motor user please test!

I have not seen any test report yet. Perhaps because there was a difficulty with the installation which I found out later. It required a forced install because I did not know how to override the system plugin. But then also no one complained about that.

For me it is ok to release it. That is, integrate it. Do not put the current package as it is in the repo. The control file is not for release.

Edited by rhinoceros, 22 February 2012 - 12:33.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #36 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2012 - 13:41

For me it is ok to release it. That is, integrate it. Do not put the current package as it is in the repo. The control file is not for release.

We cannot put an ipk in the repository ;)
For that, we need a git patch, or a diff, or sourcecode.
(in order of decreasing preference)

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #37 mirakels

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 7,598 posts

+62
Good

Posted 22 February 2012 - 14:08

@rhinoceros:
Can you git a git diff of the whole thing and add your initial description/user guide as a commit log?
Then we can easily include it and give all the blame^h^h^h^h^h credit to you!
Geen wonder... Had slechts een dm7000, maar wel ook een rotor. eigenlijk al een tijdje ook een dm600 en dm7025. Maar nu kijkend met een et9000 en vuduo

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #38 mirakels

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 7,598 posts

+62
Good

Posted 22 February 2012 - 15:03

@rhinoceros
Take a look at this version of the module */Screens/Dish.py
I would like to integrate it with openPLi.

Dima73: is this your own code or did you take/find it somewhere else? What is the license of this code?

Edited by mirakels, 22 February 2012 - 15:03.

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #39 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2012 - 00:58

@rhinoceros:
Can you git a git diff of the whole thing and add your initial description/user guide as a commit log?
Then we can easily include it and give all the blame^h^h^h^h^h credit to you!

Still don't have a working git installation I'm afraid. I'll try for a next time.
But please, here are the things you need for the Positioner Setup plugin. Diff's + description (as .rtf) + .py's for new files. Hope you can manage with this. Thanks.

Attached Files

Re: Are there still people that use motorised installations ? #40 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,969 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:18

Dima73: is this your own code or did you take/find it somewhere else? What is the license of this code?

The author got sick and the post office does not respond.
We have to wait.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users