HDMI-CEC problems

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #141 kkrahv

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 January 2015 - 23:59

Is it possible to solve this problem in Dreambox OS:

if I turn on my DM7080, then TV turns on, but it won't wake up on HDMI input.

TV is set to wake up on HDMI input and if I turn just TV on, then it always wake up on HDMI input.

DM7080 HD/ SSTT/ 3T HDD

4W, 0.8W, 4.8E, 9E, 13E, 19.2E, 28.2E, 36E, Terrestrial

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #142 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:36

There is no OpenPLi for a DM7080, so we wouldn't know. You'll have to ask Dream Multimedia.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #143 kkrahv

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 January 2015 - 16:44

Ok, thanks.

DM7080 HD/ SSTT/ 3T HDD

4W, 0.8W, 4.8E, 9E, 13E, 19.2E, 28.2E, 36E, Terrestrial

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #144 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 5 February 2015 - 19:04

try install hdmi test plugin and use 0x36, what happens. Try send it to TV (0x00) and then to Broadcast (0x0f).

Added to the 3rd party feed.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #145 Skiner

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 April 2015 - 23:34

I have a panasonic viera and it did no switch to the correct source.

The problem is because the STB sends the "Active Source" (command 82)  to soon.

This is the log when the STB starts from standby:

eHdmiCEC: send message 04                        <Image View On>
eHdmiCEC: send message 82 10 00                  <Active Source>
eHdmiCEC: send message 8E 00                     <Menu Status>
eHdmiCEC: send message 44 6D                     <User Control Pressed>
eHdmiCEC: send message 70 10 00                  <System Audio Mode Request>
eHdmiCEC: received message 8C                    <Give Device Vendor ID>
eHdmiCEC: send message 87 00 00 00               <Device Vendor ID>

My TV is starting from standby while those messages arrives, but when it's ready to receive commands the TV sends:

eHdmiCEC: received message A0 00 80 45 20 00 01  <Vendor Command With ID>

I solved this problem with a dirty hack, switching to the correct source when am A0 comand arrives. I know this it's not a good solution, but it works.

--- HdmiCec.py    2015-04-26 00:18:13.014611655 +0200
+++ HdmiCec_new.py    2015-04-26 00:19:42.810609515 +0200
@@ -232,7 +232,7 @@
                     if not inStandby:
                         if config.hdmicec.report_active_source.value:
                             self.sendMessage(message.getAddress(), 'sourceactive')
-            elif cmd == 0x85: # request active source
+            elif cmd == 0x85 or cmd == 0xA0: # request active source
                 if not inStandby:
                     if config.hdmicec.report_active_source.value:
                         self.sendMessage(message.getAddress(), 'sourceactive')

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #146 deusex

• 24 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 April 2015 - 15:58

Scene button from Yamaha amp doesnt work with solo2

anyone using his av amp with solo2?

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #147 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,624 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 9 June 2015 - 19:34

hdmi test 0.5

- added sanity check

Attached Files

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #148 traveller

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 August 2015 - 00:20

OK, and how do we apply this solution? (even if dirty one...)

I have these files in my stb:

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/HdmiCec.pyo - a compiled file

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/HdmiCEC/plugin.pyo - also a compiled file

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/HdmiCEC/plugin.py - plugin settings...

I did download new HdmiCEC.py and used your patch, but when trying to compile it, I get:

python HdmiCec.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "HdmiCec.py", line 3, in <module>
    from config import config, ConfigSelection, ConfigYesNo, ConfigSubsection, ConfigText
ImportError: No module named config

What am I doing wrong?

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #149 traveller

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:13

I happened to address my problem this way:

1. configured my Vu+ remote to control Panasonic TV as sell by long press of 1+3, then 2153 and then pushing mute button for a good 30 seconds or so (until I could see the TV responding...), then pressed OK + STOP to leave programming mode.

- we know that once TV is turned on first (with the TV on/off button), the set top box starts just fine and TV reflects the Hotel mode setting to "HDMI 1" as well. Turning off works the same way...

- unfortunately, this made my Vu+ vol+ and vol- buttons  on my vu+ remote control send commands to the TV, (which I didn't want), because I use optical cable from Vu+ to Technics receiver for audio

2. changed mode on my Vu+ remote to send volume commands to Vu+ box again instead of my TV (but still keep the TV on/off button on my Vu+ remote sending commands to TV) by long press of 1+6, then 993, then STB Power button - had to push it twice, but maybe the first attempt was just too soft.

This way I can use the TV power on button on my Vu+ remote to start Vu+ and TV to HDMI1, while keeping all the functions of the Vu+ remote sending signals to Vu+.

Not sure if this strategy helps to anyone.... just my two pennies :D

.. let's hope it will still work the same way tomorrow :ph34r:

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #150 Odyssey

• 52 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 3 November 2015 - 15:45

Someone can help me with a plasma Panasonic TH-R50PV8.
TV is turn off with the remote Vu + Solo, but is not turn on.

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #151 Odyssey

• 52 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 3 November 2015 - 16:07

When is turn on TV from TV remote control

Attached Files

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #152 Niceguy

• 244 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 30 November 2015 - 20:46

Good evening,

After reading most of the posts here it seems to me that HDMI-CEC is very difficult to implement, at least in Open PLI..

I have 4 combinations of Sat box (with PLI) and TV Screen and only ONE of those combinations works partially...

Overview:

VU+DUO + LG 60BP5600 > only switching the Screen on together with the VU+ through th VU+ remote works, switching off does not work.

VU+ SOLO + Samsung 32UE 5500 > HDMI CEC does not work at all.

Maxdigital XP1000 + Samsung PS43E450A1W HDMI CEC Does not work at all. (2 sets)

So I think it is really time to start from scratch and do it right according to the spec because to me it looks that the present inplementation is just not good.... only 25% of my combinations works partially...

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #153 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,624 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 30 November 2015 - 21:02

you can start it ... for me it works (Philips TV, 3 different boxes ... nope VU)

With some TVs are problems, with HDMI cables is probem ...

Edited by ims, 30 November 2015 - 21:10.

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #154 Niceguy

• 244 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 1 December 2015 - 09:39

you can start it ... for me it works (Philips TV, 3 different boxes ... nope VU)

I am really disappointed by this attitude from a PLI core member no less!

As long as it works for the happy few it is obviously OK.... 

In this thread there are many requests to improve the implementation of HDMI CEC, conform for example the VTI image that alledgedly experiences few less problems on this issue than PLI. 

The most important reason for choosing PLI for me was its open structure and active community but like I said before I am really disappointed. If every developer here concurs with your above statement I feel sorry for this community!

Thanks a bunch!

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #155 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,612 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 1 December 2015 - 12:10

To solve a problem you first have to be able to reproduce the problem. It is clear IMS can't, and without knowing what the problem is, it is impossible to try to fix it.

If you want IMS to have a go at it, may I suggest you donate your TV and box to him, so he has access to a non-working combo?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #156 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 1 December 2015 - 12:41

@niceguy

I think @ims reacted this way because of the words "really" and "right".
Think about it.

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #157 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 1 December 2015 - 12:45

@Niceguy, not sure if that's was your intention, but this:

So I think it is really time to start from scratch and do it right according to the spec because to me it looks that the present inplementation is just not good.... only 25% of my combinations works partially...

for me represents quite demanding attitude, don't you think?
so, I'm not that surprised you got the answer you got...

anyway, regarding your hdmi isues:
1) lg tv's does not support standby command from libcec, see there
http://libcec.pulse-.../vendor/support, so it won't work
2) as to the other sets - problem may be in the plugin setup, stb driver, tv setup/implementation of hdmi-cec, it's r e a l l y impossible to give any hint basing on your description that it 'does not work'
3) if, as you said, on vti it works ok, please tell us what are improvements in their version and feel free to provide some patches if possible (to my surprise ;) I can't find vti sources anywhere /?/)
in the end:

PLI (has) open structure and active community ...

Edited by blzr, 1 December 2015 - 12:46.

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #158 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,624 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 1 December 2015 - 13:17

Sorry, but Your „time to start ….“ was challenge …

- Some mark of TV have problems with HDMI-CEC ... no all models of one producer have implemented all functions.
Especialy LG is very problematic ... I think, that on LG pages was list with "HDMI-CEC" (I do not know, how is true name under LG) compatibility and very small models have standby/On via HDMI !

Tell us specific problem - 25% tells me nothing about what not works

Some Samsung TV need more delay  in setting (somebody using 4s for it )

very cheap cable make own problem -f.eg. HD1200 + Philips TV ... cheap HDMI cable (€1,5): A/V OK, HDMI-CEC not work. Changed cable (€4) - all works.

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #159 Niceguy

• 244 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 1 December 2015 - 14:29

@blzr 

Yes it was my intention to track more attention to this topic, it has near 160 posts and is running for nearly 3 years hence the wording. Be advised that I used "I think" thus expressing my personal opinion without damaging anyone and again I THINK that expressing one's opinion is what fora are for. If I stepped on long toes well so be it, the more attention the better. Reading this topic I noticed that savvy users who can make their own build do get help... but others are left out on their own ... That is what triggered me, not being a savvy user, I faced similar experiences with issues on questions about playing back DVD and MKV files and on the Cccam / Oscam Issue. Everybody that is in the know just ignores newbies and Noobs and tells them to use Google... 

ON Topic:

According to Wikipedia   All cables should support basic CEC commands; I tested this with my colection of cables on the only working combo I have and sure enough it did not matter what cable I used. The not supported (according to libcec) LG screen does switch on when the Vu+ is switched on and it does not switch off when the VU+ is put in standby.

We are not talking rocket sciience though are we... All I am asking is that my TV switches on and off with the PLI Box...

I would love to help the PLI team out but am a NOOB when it comes to programming, I do have some crash reports to share but they have nothing to do with this topic I think...

Somewhere in this thread a plea was made to use the VTI sources and I think they were available at that time.... I am sorry that I cannot help out and hope for the best.

Note that I did not use a green font... 

Re: HDMI-CEC problems #160 Niceguy

• 244 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 1 December 2015 - 14:37

@IMS

My Post was not meant to hurt or put blame on someone. It was challeging for reasons explained above...

So about the combinations I have tried to list the problems in my initial post:

VU+DUO + LG 60BP5600 > only switching the Screen on together with the VU+ through the VU+ remote works, switching off does not work.

VU+ SOLO + Samsung 32UE 5500 > HDMI CEC does not work at all.

Maxdigital XP1000 + Samsung PS43E450A1W HDMI CEC Does not work at all. (2 sets)

I have changed the Delay to 250 ms and still no response, neither switching on nor switching off as a result of the PLI box switching on and off has any result.

How can I help to debug this issue? I would love to get the Maxdigitals to work with the Samsungs..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users