• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 linuxgeek

• 65 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 1 May 2013 - 11:20

updated my vu duo last night and lost oscam as a card server 

it was now back as available to download as a plugin but seems to fail to install 

tried to install it as a cam but this fails also 

has anyone else experienced this problem ?

I use sbox as a cam duo the the local I have if that has a bearing on the problem 

Re: no card server after update #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 1 May 2013 - 12:36

it was now back as available to download as a plugin but seems to fail to install

What do you exactly and what is exactly the result?

In general, due to a cleanup-action, you will need to re- install oscam anyway and also you need to check your configuration files. The package is now called "enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam", all other packages are now obsolete.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: no card server after update #3 csn7446

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 May 2013 - 14:58

I had the exact same issue today on my Vu+ Ultimo. I also did a software update: Meny -> Settings -> Software update, to 30-apr-2013 5:07.

When I tried to reintall from the plugin download I noticed the libshm problem also reported earlier today on the Dutch forum.

I did not manage to resolve this so I went back to an old backup to get the box going again.

Re: no card server after update #4 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 1 May 2013 - 15:04

See above.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: no card server after update #5 linuxgeek

• 65 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 2 May 2013 - 11:04

have done a fresh install and see the option to install oscam as card server is no longer there 

as a temp work around for today have sbox running and installed oscam 

then started oscam from the command line with the using the -b for background and -c to point it at the config 

will need to add this to the start or will have to do it every time 

Re: no card server after update #6 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2013 - 12:15

have done a fresh install and see the option to install oscam as card server is no longer there

Yes, that is correct.

Using oscam as "cardserver" is no longer supported. That's no problem because the only difference between the cardserver-version and softcam-version of oscam is in the config files. The binary is the same. If you want to use oscam as a cardserver, simply install it as softcam and change the config files accordingly. That's because oscam is both a softcam and a cardserver, just like cccam.

Re: no card server after update #7 badanas

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 May 2013 - 16:42

Yes, that is correct.

Using oscam as "cardserver" is no longer supported. That's no problem because the only difference between the cardserver-version and softcam-version of oscam is in the config files. The binary is the same. If you want to use oscam as a cardserver, simply install it as softcam and change the config files accordingly. That's because oscam is both a softcam and a cardserver, just like cccam.

And if we use oscam as cardserver and cccam as softcam?

The cardserver option was great.

Re: no card server after update #8 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2013 - 16:51

You misunderstood me. If you want to use oscam as a cardserver, that's no problem at all. This is what you do:

- install oscam softcam plugin

- copy your old config files back

Now the "softcam" has become a "cardserver".

It's just like Cccam. You can either use it as softcam, cardserver or both. No need for a separate package, it depends on the configuration.

Re: no card server after update #9 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2013 - 17:09

hmm, how I understand the issue, it's not about oscam configs but rather softcam/cardserver start scripts;
now if one would like to use on his box 'oscam-cs (server) + CCcam (client)' combination (for whatever reason/?/...), he has to start oscam or CCcam manually or to modify start scripts...
you simply can't run two 'softcams' simultaneously from gui (even if one is actually a cardserver)...

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: no card server after update #10 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2013 - 17:16

Ah yes now I understand. It's similar to the way we have been offering cccam for years.

Our policy is that either cccam or oscam alone is sufficient to watch tv using most local cards, and that is the functionality that is offered. If you need to run oscam and cccam together, then that is almost always to facilitate card sharing (wan) which we cannot support.

Sorry but we must be strict.

Re: no card server after update #11 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2013 - 17:56

If you need to run oscam and cccam together, then that is almost always to facilitate card sharing (wan) which we cannot support.

well, not necessarily...
some cards are not read by CCcam itself, and users out of habit /?/ use CCcam+oscam combination for them (correct me if I'm wrong, dvbapi in oscam is not from the begining, and some still think of oscam just as a card server...)
//and speaking of wan cardsharing - if one wants to do it, probably would be able to do it regardless it will be oscam-cs package in the feed or not ;), using CCcam, oscam, combination of them or whatever...

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: no card server after update #12 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2013 - 18:05

//and speaking of wan cardsharing - if one wants to do it, probably would be able to do it regardless it will be oscam-cs package in the feed or not ;), using CCcam, oscam, combination of them or whatever...

You are certainly right in that. It's in the subtitle concept of we facilitate such use or not. And we choose not to (for several reasons). It's just like you can buy gazoline anywhere, no one can stop you from using it to make a bomb, but also the gas station's owner will not explain to you how to do it ;) If anyone wants to act illegaly, that's fine by me, but then it's his responsibility and we're not going to help.

CCcam is sufficient for almost all local cards. CCcam wil work out-of-the-box. Anyone that hasn't thorough knowledge of CA and oscam, shouldn't be using Oscam in the first place. Anyone that does, should be smart enough to find out itself.

Re: no card server after update #13 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2013 - 18:13

Wouldnt it a wise thing to only add oscam packages into the feeds without any sharing reader/server protocol in it, only card protocol and internal readers?

It can be build very easy without those nasty and evil features since GFTO overhauled last year the "make" building of oscam.

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: no card server after update #14 linuxgeek

• 65 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 2 May 2013 - 18:48

my problem was not due to needing external shares but due to my local card combination 

I have a cas 7 card that can only be read by sbox and a cryptoworks card that sbox dose not support 

Re: no card server after update #15 csn7446

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 May 2013 - 20:14

What i don't understand is why you have to go and break a users working configuration of plugins. If you don't want to distribute the code anymore, fine. Whatever the reason for someone using a certain combination of plugins, it's their reason, and not the business of the openpli team.

Re: no card server after update #16 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 3 May 2013 - 08:31

Stop moaning guys. It's not like any of this is not possible anymore. It just takes a little effort. You are the exceptions, you can't expect to always get ready-made solutions for all possible configuration. There has been a team-wide internal decision to provide oscam as-is (just like cccam) and were not going to discuss it. If you want to play around with CA, fine, but there other boards for that, and I am pretty sure that they also can tell you how to install startup scripts for whatever alternative use.

Re: no card server after update #17 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,270 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 3 May 2013 - 09:44

When your main cam is CCcam... you should alter the script /etc/init.d/softcam.CCcam manually.... such a way that the required cardserver is also started... that's all.... You can even make a new script... softcam.CCcam_sbox or so....

As far I understand when you want to start a seperate server independenly you can create a same start/stop script file and name it cardserver.sbox or so,,,,

Edited by littlesat, 3 May 2013 - 09:46.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: no card server after update #18 ajeeb

• 385 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 May 2013 - 10:49

This is bad I reflash my last full backup !! This update is mixup everything

ET9000,DM500s+usbTTdvb-3600 ,DVB2000,Humax5400, MACbook PRO retina 13", MAC pro 2 x Quad XEON-2.8GB , 8GB ECC, 4TB+FusionDrive(SSD) , LG-24FHD, HD6870,Debian server

"Since the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity"

Re: no card server after update #19 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 3 May 2013 - 11:38

Translated: now I will actually have to do something myself, finding out how I can get oscam working using my wan shares...

Edited by Erik Slagter, 3 May 2013 - 11:39.

Re: no card server after update #20 ajeeb

• 385 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 May 2013 - 11:56

Translated: now I will actually have to do something myself, finding out how I can get oscam working using my wan shares...

no dude ! Actually don't remember even where config files ! and I wast hour make it works ! mgcamd as client and oscam as cardserver to make cards works stable no freeze ... and make sure it's gets EMM updates without crash my Enigma !!! that's the sum of it !

ET9000,DM500s+usbTTdvb-3600 ,DVB2000,Humax5400, MACbook PRO retina 13", MAC pro 2 x Quad XEON-2.8GB , 8GB ECC, 4TB+FusionDrive(SSD) , LG-24FHD, HD6870,Debian server

"Since the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users