build failed

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lt-commander-data

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 May 2013 - 22:54

Hi,
I'm new this forum - this is my first post.
I own a VU+ Solo and I would like to build the image myself as I later would like to start to do modifications to the software and adapt some packages to my needs.
So I setup a build environment in an Ubuntu 12.04 chroot enviroment according to a description which is available here in the forum; checked out the code from git at sf.net.

Now I got following message near to the end of the build process:
ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs

It's stated that I should have a look at the file /home/openpli30/openpli-openpli-oe-core/build-vusolo/tmp/work/vusolo-oe-linux/openpli-enigma2-image-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.10826 ( which I attached ). I can't find the root cause for the error message.

Would you please point me into the right direction and let me know what I miss ?

thanks,

lt-commander-data

Attached Files

Re: ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs #2 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,042 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:20

I just look for "ERROR" in the log, which delivers only:

libopencore-amrwb.so.0 ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs (see /home/openpli30/openpli-openpli-oe-core/build-vusolo/tmp/work/vusolo-oe-linux/openpli-enigma2-image-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.10826 for further information)
-> libopencore-amrwb.so.0.0.2
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs #3 lt-commander-data

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:16

Hi,
to my understanding the message "ERROR ... for further information)" is printed out via stderr while other output on the screen and in the logfile is send via stdout. So the place where the sentence with ERROR in it can be somewhere within the complete text ( during other runs I saw the message being place in the middle of a lib's name ).

So as far as I understand it has nothing to do with with libopencore-amrwb.

This means the hint towards the root cause of the problem is missing - right ?

Any idea what I can or have to do to resolve this ?

thanks

Re: ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs #4 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:37

Only an idea:
Set parallel degree in env.source to 1 and restart build. Perhaps you can see now the error in the console. Or redirect full output to a file
... bitbake ... > log.txt 2>&1
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs #5 lt-commander-data

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 May 2013 - 19:51

Hi,
thanks for the feedback.

I restarted from scratch.

Got the message error message that the zip tool is missing and redid make this time I did not got the message abot missing zip but the error message as it is described above.

So I installed zip/unzip and rerun make a last time.

This time no error message occured.

In short words: the problem was caused by missing zip tool and ( I wold it call ) inconsitent error messages. I would have expected to see missing zip message during all repeated runs.

Anyway many thanks for the feedback.

regards,

lt-commander-data

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users