Photo

unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting"

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 knasson

• 40 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 July 2013 - 19:17

hi,

After flashing an pli 2.1 image in my clarke tech ET9000 i am unable to reboot---> the display on the screen is:

"?NIT: version 2,86 booting

Please wait: booting....

Root filesystem already rw,not remounting"

and that 's all...the screen is black with 2 ducks on the top.

booting is blocked and if i have a look with telnet in the process --->enigma 2 is running

an external hardisk is connected on usb port.

please Could you help me?

Regards,

Knasson

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #2 robertut

• 347 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 15 July 2013 - 21:04

I also have that on certain OpenPLi 3.0 images, when my DVB-T tuner is plugged in with a too short USB extender cable. Strangely, if I use an USB extension cable of about 1m length, the box boots up fine.

This is OpenPLi specific... no other image has this issue.

Try with some other USB cables to your HDD.

Oh, and those are not ducks, but Tux penguins.

Edited by robertut, 15 July 2013 - 21:06.

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #3 knasson

• 40 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:21

thank you i will try and report the result here...

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #4 knasson

• 40 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:16

OK i tried with a longer usb cable, but always the same thing blocking at the boot stage..

But just after flashing at the first automtatic booting stage i get a log on the screen (usb hardisk connected)

here the end of the log...

mkdir: can't create directory "/media/usb":File exists
root filesystem already rw,not remounting
configuring update-modules.
restoring from: /media/usb/backup/ for 00116b402ffed
dev/dvb/adapter0/video0:No such file or directory
?at can't open 'proc/stb/info/boxtype':No such file or directory
LSA: Restoring mixer settings...
addgroup: group 'message bus' in use
Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/dbus-1
configuring et-dvb-modules.
configuring wpa-supplicant.
configuring libnss-mdns.
configuring avahi-daemon.
addgroup 'avahi' in use
Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/avahi.daemon
configuring rt18192cu.
configuring network interfaces ...done.
starting partmap daemon:portmap.
mounting remote filesystem...
?m.dirty_writeback_centisecs = 300
?m.dirty_background_ratio = 1
?m.dirty_ratio = 60

(where ? i can't guess the letter because cut by the display....)

In this case i am able to access the box linux system with DCC (IP is set correctly) and telnet is OK (i see enigma2 running)

If i flash the box without the harddisk connected i am no longer able to connect with DCC

the booting log is slightly different but finishes also on "?m.dirty_ratio= 60"

My question: am i able to fix something with telnet?

where could I find older version of openpli (openpli 2.0 for instance)?

is my ET9000 dead?

Thank for your help...

Edited by knasson, 16 July 2013 - 07:17.

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #5 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:55

Have you tried OpenPLi 3?

Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #6 knasson

• 40 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:55

yes for sure and it is worse! i get not log on the screen, the screen stays blue and the display on the box show "booting"...fotunately i can always connect to the box throught a crossover network cable (seems that the backup files on the harddisk are loaded ..as the box IP is set) but enigma2 is not started.

what can i do more, do you know repair shop? (i bought it at world satellite.uk)

Do you know a method to recover toward the original state ?

thank you...

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2013 - 13:01

When you can access the box, delete the autobackup settings created by OpenPli and reinstall a brand new image.

i have a strange behavior when switching from 2.1 to 3.0, and since you start playing with both version...

Is you bootloader up-to-date?

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #8 knasson

• 40 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 July 2013 - 16:56

The boot loader has been updated...

Ok i deleted the autobackup file and i reflashed a brand new openPli image 3.0  ----> results : blue screen , blocked a "booting" but worse i lost the connexion beetween the box and the PC because no IP is inititiated (that was the case when autobackup was yet there).

I am very desappointed ....

Do you think that the 3V battery (dead)   inside the box could be responsible for this curious behaviour.

I check it up and there is a very weak voltage (0,03 V)

Regards

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #9 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2013 - 17:13

If you remove the battery, box will be dead (so never remove the battery!!!). You can't repair it by yourself. You need a new security board. In case of low battery voltage, it's the same.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #10 knasson

• 40 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 July 2013 - 21:53

Ok no need to search furthermore, the 3V battery is out of order .So is this recoverable ? (not by myself but by a professional)

where could i find this type of professional?

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #11 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2013 - 22:31

Afaik only the manufactor of the box can help you. I saw you have already wrote a post in the other forum(et-view-support). There somebody should be able to help you.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #12 knasson

• 40 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 August 2013 - 13:19

For information of everybody it has been confirmed that the problem of my ET 9000 was due to battery cell 3V dead , i asked to my reseller who gave me that company to repair the box:

elicom gmbh email: emde@elicom.de tel: 069-33997596-0

it costs me 58 € (including 17 € of delivery cost) .

I got back the box one week after they receive it. Very efficient and very cheap.

the openpli 3.0 had been installed by elicom and the box was immediatly usable.Congratulations to them...

recommendation : in cas of such a problem check the battery cell without moving it out ,because if the battery is  Ok the simple fact of unplug it will erase the security code and the box become immediatly no longer usable.

Regards

K

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #13 nietgiftig

• 787 posts

+39
Good

Posted 5 August 2013 - 14:42

For information of everybody it has been confirmed that the problem of my ET 9000 was due to battery cell 3V dead , i asked to my reseller who gave me that company to repair the box:

Thanks for the information, link stored for the unforeseen future ;(

That makes a the purchasing price 58 Euro's more for a feature that the customer did not wanted and needed.

I wil keep it in mind when I buy my next box, probably not an Xtrend

Hardware: Master VU Uno 4K SE  1x Mut@nt HD51.4K & 2x ZgemmaH9T
Software : Pli (v7) (7.1rc) 2019 

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #14 stenberg77

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:46

That makes a the purchasing price 58 Euro's more for a feature that the customer did not wanted and needed.

You can change battery if you solder on a second battery holder to put new battery inplace before removal. In case old battery short the new battery it might be better to solder on two new battery holders via zener diodes. And move to using one of those when the supplied battery is still at 3volts. I am 1,3 volts after just 2 years, so for me it is too late. They not stay above 1,8 volts for the arm processor to survive it's memory of key codes.

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #15 stenberg77

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:55

You can change battery if you solder on a second battery holder to put new battery inplace before removal. In case old battery short the new battery it might be better to solder on two new battery holders via zener diodes. And move to using one of those when the supplied battery is still at 3volts. I am 1,3 volts after just 2 years, so for me it is too late. They not stay above 1,8 volts for the arm processor to survive it's memory of key codes.

Or you might try have the box on and powered up when you change battery. According to arm processor specification that memory of keys is powered from other supply when processor is running from external power. Battery is only in use when box is off. All at your own risk, but by studying the design this is my conclusion. 

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #16 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 13 September 2013 - 13:38

I think Xtrend should release a driver that doesn't check for the security board, at least for ET5000, ET6000 that are no longer manufactured. Having to pay 60+ euros for a flawed by design security board is not a good solution, if you want to respect your customers. Personally I am not recommending Xtrend products anymore due to this issue. And while 1 year ago the battery problem was only a posibility, now that I have seen at least 3 boxes die with failure on the security board, it is no longer a posibility, it is a reality.

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #17 guirigui

• 297 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 September 2013 - 14:42

I agree with malakudi..

In the dark times of ET6000 security board defective series, it took me 2 and half month to get it back from service center.. May be from Korea...

The good news is it's much faster know..

Besides, I could observe when attempting to flash the STB, I need to change noforce to force now..
Don't understand why..

May be the security board is bypassed on this unit???
ET6000 mounted in triple tuners with DVB-S2 Anysee E7 S2 + DVB-T Twintech UT30

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #18 nietgiftig

• 787 posts

+39
Good

Posted 13 September 2013 - 14:49

May be the security board is bypassed on this unit???

Remove the CR3032.

Then you will know if this is true! :P

I'm curious if the new boxes (if any!!) have a security board.

Hardware: Master VU Uno 4K SE  1x Mut@nt HD51.4K & 2x ZgemmaH9T
Software : Pli (v7) (7.1rc) 2019 

Re: unable to reboot blocked with message "boot filesystem already rw,not remounting" #19 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2013 - 14:53

Remove the CR3032.

That us exactly what you should not do!!!

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users