36 replies to this topic

#1 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2013 - 14:37

Hi,

Flashing another image on the STB can result in a change of the official boot splash screen (e.g. Blackhole).

Flashing it back with OpenPli doesn't restore the default splash screen because you didn't include any splashscreen in your image. This means that we still view the other image splash screen while booting in OpenPli.

So can you please, also, include a splash screen in your package so when reinstalling an OpenPli image we also restore the original splash screen (or create your own OpenPli splash screen).

I attach the original splash screen so if you can include it in the VU+ package it would be great (you need to unzip it first).

splash screen is just a .bmp file with the following properties:

Size in pixels: 720x240
Color space: RGB color
File type: Windows BMP image

renamed into:  splash_cfe_auto.bin

Thanks,

Pr2

Attached Files

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #2 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2013 - 18:02

The splash screen is not intended to be image specific, it should just show the manufacturer and/or box type information.

Also, the dimensions and type of splash file supported by the bootloader, differ per brand, and possibly even per box.
So I'd stay away from that, leave the splash screen to the bootloader, and the manufacturer.

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2013 - 18:45

Yes but some image builder (Black Hole) doesn't do this, so they change the splash screen.... so now I boot my STB in Openpli4 with a Black Hole splash screen.

If you check the official VUplus image they also include the splash screen, so what I need to do is to flash the official image then the Openpli to get rid of this.

If Openpli include the official one (the one I have posted, simply change its extension to .bmp and check), Openpli will force back the official splash screen. So everybody will be happy because flashing back Openpli will return to official splash screen.

People don't know how to get rid of the Black Hole splash screen, I even read that people think that they need to reformat the internal HDD.  :D

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #4 Robinson

• 2,614 posts

+30
Good

Posted 29 October 2013 - 19:22

Pr2, did you manage to get rid of the old splash screen?

I tried a few months ago but I failed and I still see ruDream.

See here: http://openpli.org/f...nd-startscreen/

Maybe I did something wrong.

I might give it another try when I move from 3.0 to 4.0 within the next few days.

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #5 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2013 - 20:06

Flash the attached file to restore factory splashscreen on any VU.

This doesn't influence the firmware you're using.

Attached File  vuplus.zip   84.01KB   864 downloads

Edited by SatKiekerd, 29 October 2013 - 20:07.

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #6 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2013 - 21:14

Hi,

Yes I did using the same trick as SatKierkerd post here.

But would be nice that Openpli also include the splash_cfe_auto.bin but it is up to them to decide. 

May be other people that face the same "problem" can confirm that they would like to have Openpli resetting the splash screen.

Pr2

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2013 - 21:26

Hi,

I just forgot to say that using the same trick as SatKierkerd to restore the original splash screen at reboot the Openpli fall again in the year 1958 bug (already discussed in another thread), so it crash again....

May be, for the VU+, would be nice to include a date setting force back in 1970 before it can gain the real time from the DVB signal, to avoid this bug before starting E2.

Pr2

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #8 Robinson

• 2,614 posts

+30
Good

Posted 29 October 2013 - 22:47

Flash the attached file to restore factory splashscreen on any VU.

This doesn't influence the firmware you're using.

attachicon.gifvuplus.zip

Thanks SatKiekerd.

I did not mention here, though, that I am using ET9000 not VU+, so perhaps I should not have posted in this thread at all.

I assumed Pr2 was talking about his ET9000 but now I think I may have been wrong.

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #9 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2013 - 22:56

Hi,

Yes I have both Xtrend ET-9000 and VU+ Duo² (but this one is temporary just for test I need to give it back to its real owner).

But check the thread subject this is clearly stated that this thread apply to VU+ Duo².  ;)

Pr2

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #10 Alias1

• 575 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 29 October 2013 - 23:21

I put up with the same problem for over a year.

Bloody VIX image coming up all the time.

I finally fixed it by including a Clark et splash image of the box in a boot loader file.

Why image makers do this is beyond me

DM800se Vu+Duo ET-9000 Vu+Ultimo

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #11 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:16

As far as I know all image builders xmt PLi embed their own splashscreen. I always take care to delete that screen from every single image-folder I use for flashing, And in case I forgot I have the above trick.

Xtrend stopped some time ago with the support of flashing splashcreens; I think for exactly the reason mentioned here. All manufacturers should follow that example.

Only thing is that Xtrend suddenly stopped this support; many boxes are now stuck on the last splashscreen that has been flashed .......

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #12 talbs

• 101 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 10 January 2015 - 23:06

Thank you fot the trick.

Tired to see the BlackHole splash screen.  ;)

PIMP my PLiHD skin on GitHub: https://github.com/talbss/PIMP-my-PLiHD-by-talbs

My skin_user_PLi-HD1.xml on GitHub: https://github.com/t...in_user_PLi-HD1

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #13 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:17

Afaik you can still flash splash screen on Xtrends. But you have to press CH- on front panel and not ok like for images.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #14 Robinson

• 2,614 posts

+30
Good

Posted 11 January 2015 - 16:36

Really? I have not found that out anywhere. Someone from Xtrend must have leaked that to you. :P

By the way, as I would indeed like to get rid of another image's splash screen, does anyone have a default splash screen for ET9000 if there is one?

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #15 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 11 January 2015 - 22:58

I have posted the factory splash screens for xtrend (& VU) several times. They are flashed the very same way as you flash an image.

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #16 Robinson

• 2,614 posts

+30
Good

Posted 11 January 2015 - 23:33

I tried that one or two years ago but it did not work for me.

And now betacentauri suggests a bit different approach (CH-).

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #17 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,380 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 12 January 2015 - 00:11

The splash.bin was / is included in earlier original bootloaders from Xtrend.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #18 Chris

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 January 2015 - 23:44

so, whats the best way to get rid of a splashscreen at the moment?

i'm using openpli on my vu+ vuo², but there is always the openatv splashscreen showing up

thx

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #19 janejak

• 284 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:12

put this file on ur usb in orginal folder on usb pen (vuplus\duo2\) the file splash_cfe_auto.bin who are in the zip file (splash_cfe_auto.zip)

after u have downloaded from openpli

sow u have this files:

initrd_cfe_auto.bin

kernel_cfe_auto.bin

reboot.update

root_cfe_auto.bin

splash_cfe_auto.bin

so, whats the best way to get rid of a splashscreen at the moment?

i'm using openpli on my vu+ vuo², but there is always the openatv splashscreen showing up

thx

Attached Files

Re: [VU+][DUO²] Splash screen restore / not included in Openpli pack #20 Chris

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 January 2015 - 13:30

ok, thx and it is safe, so i don't get this 1958 bug?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users