- Fix vfd problem

pli image is de beste

Re: New drivers Vu+ #42 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 22 July 2014 - 13:26

Who knows they secretly fixed one of the major faults in their drivers, after I filed a complaint: A transport stream inserted into the dvr device can't be tapped from the demuxer as a transport stream, which might sound silly, but it's required for recording of "remote" services and for offline decryption (although VU+ probably can't descramble this way anyway, I've been told).

I'll update the drivers one of the next few days, please be patient.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: New drivers Vu+ #43 pop_eye

• 240 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 22 July 2014 - 13:46

As I am used to vuplus driver updates , they usually "secretly" only update the anti clones routines and add some more overhead in drivers

so that older boxes become slower, forcing users to upgrade their hardware.

That is what I got used to...but I could be wrong. (I am maintaining two of their older boxes plus a vusolo2).

Cause usually there are no major updates other then that. Look at the trans coding feature status ..any updates ?? none that I am aware of...

Edited by pop_eye, 22 July 2014 - 13:50.

Re: New drivers Vu+ #44 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 22 July 2014 - 14:48

As I am used to vuplus driver updates , they usually "secretly" only update the anti clones routines and add some more overhead in drivers

so that older boxes become slower, forcing users to upgrade their hardware.

That is what I got used to...but I could be wrong. (I am maintaining two of their older boxes plus a vusolo2).

Cause usually there are no major updates other then that. Look at the trans coding feature status ..any updates ?? none that I am aware of...

I have no idea what makes you think that. But be my guest, and use drivers from 2 years ago.

Re: New drivers Vu+ #45 pop_eye

• 240 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 22 July 2014 - 15:07

Newer drivers does not mean better.. that is what makes me think like this.

Especially when manufacturer ignores its users and does not provide any description (common standard courtesy)...

I really don`t care if they add highest truecrypt encryption to encrypt their drivers to protect from cloners attack..really don`t care about that.

Example what bellow means  ??

- Fix vfd problem

Are you telling me that is all what they updated ?  the VFD controller driver..

Ignorance is a bliss.

Edited by pop_eye, 22 July 2014 - 15:11.

Re: New drivers Vu+ #46 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 22 July 2014 - 17:29

OK, let me be ignorant and happy.

While you use 2-3 years old drivers :)

Re: New drivers Vu+ #47 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 22 July 2014 - 21:41

Hi oliveoil,
Vfd fix was already the 2nd driver for the New kernel. In 1. thre was stated improved media playback among others.

Ciao

Re: New drivers Vu+ #48 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,781 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2014 - 19:42

-SRCDATE = "20140715"
+SRCDATE = "20140721"

MODULES_NAME = "procmk\ndvb-bcm7424\nbrcmfb\nfpga_directc"

-SRC_URI[md5sum] = "f526c9764ca74fc24692390371ad517c"
-SRC_URI[sha256sum] = "c936db4c8b0a400fd6a237c6b259b8f1a7021adc9bc13f92d70e9ba793919a95"
+SRC_URI[md5sum] = "f7a99f1942960dd4538ee97820bb641d"
+SRC_URI[sha256sum] = "95884c5ae8ba10d0265ece36e4c5c760013cacdff235082dfdb66cdb4c688423"

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: New drivers Vu+ #49 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 26 July 2014 - 18:40

There appear to be problems with the new kernel (which the new drivers needs), various technical and non-technical, so don't count on them anytime soon :mellow: On the other hand, the current status of the Solo2 and the Duo2 is more or less stable, no urgent problems to fix that prevent "normal" day-to-day use.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: New drivers Vu+ #50 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,781 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 8 August 2014 - 06:59

update drivers
20140808(duo2, solose, uno, ultimo)
- Improve DVB-C/T(CXD1978) tuning performance

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

Re: New drivers Vu+ #51 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 8 August 2014 - 09:09

Sorry about that. Translation:

En that seems to be a real improvement (as I heard; I only have DVB-S) myself).

Re: New drivers Vu+ #52 delavega

• 377 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 8 August 2014 - 17:04

are the new drivers applied to openpli already?

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ DUO 2</strong></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ SOLO</strong></span></span>

Re: New drivers Vu+ #53 metoo

• 1,573 posts

+33
Good

Posted 8 August 2014 - 17:09

There appear to be problems with the new kernel (which the new drivers needs), various technical and non-technical, so don't count on them anytime soon :mellow: On the other hand, the current status of the Solo2 and the Duo2 is more or less stable, no urgent problems to fix that prevent "normal" day-to-day use.

ET10000 C C C C/T  2TB HDD ET7000 + ET6000 dvb-S  OpenPli Triax 88 multifeed quad LNBs VU Uno4K SE C+2TB HDD Mutant HD60

Re: New drivers Vu+ #54 Gaston64

• 46 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 1 September 2014 - 08:34

Any ETA on the new drivers in OpenPlI? I am right now running another image (due to other reasons) and the new kernel/drivers was a massive improvement on a Duo2. Performance and better PiP.

I am considering a return to Pli but new drivers is a must.

Re: New drivers Vu+ #55 Taykun345

• 1,296 posts

+41
Good

Posted 1 September 2014 - 09:25

What do you mean by better performance?

Army MoodBlue HD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...-MoodBlueHD-mod
Matrix10 MH-HD2 skin modification by me: https://github.com/B...-MX-HD2-OpenPli
MetrixHD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...xHD-WPstyle-mod
Slovenian translation for OpenPLi E2: https://github.com/T...ion-for-OpenPLi

Re: New drivers Vu+ #56 Gaston64

• 46 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 1 September 2014 - 10:14

It is faster. On old drivers I for example had stuttering when (Audio)PiP on HD-channels - totally gone with the new kernel/drivers.

Re: New drivers Vu+ #57 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,781 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 1 September 2014 - 10:55

Any ETA on the new drivers in OpenPlI? I am right now running another image (due to other reasons) and the new kernel/drivers was a massive improvement on a Duo2. Performance and better PiP.

I am considering a return to Pli but new drivers is a must.

Don't get your hopes up too high, implementing them means updating the kernel and that isn't a walk in the park.

Re: New drivers Vu+ #58 Gaston64

• 46 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 1 September 2014 - 11:44

Don't get your hopes up too high, implementing them means updating the kernel and that isn't a walk in the park.

I understand that. That is why I waited over a month to ask if there was an ETA :)

Re: New drivers Vu+ #59 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,781 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 1 September 2014 - 11:48

I understand that. That is why I waited over a month to ask if there was an ETA :)

As I assume you cannot read Dutch ;), according tot the Core's (Erik S yesterday) no ETA yet (http://openpli.org/f...vers-vu/page-21).

Edited by 40H3X, 1 September 2014 - 11:48.

Re: New drivers Vu+ #60 dax

• 228 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 September 2014 - 16:27

Not implemented yet into openpli 4?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users