Re: New drivers Vu+ #61 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,790 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 21 September 2014 - 16:59

Nope no ETA yet, see #57

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: New drivers Vu+ #62 dax

• 228 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 September 2014 - 18:35

Nope no ETA yet, see #57

Sorry, no problem!

Just a question because seem that was implemented in most popular images.

Re: New drivers Vu+ #63 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,790 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:05

No worries, the reason that the OpenPLi dev's, for the moment, won't implement the newest drivers, is because they have been built on an old, not to say very old, environment. IMHO a just and sensible decision. Why the other images choose otherwise, I cannot answer, you must ask them ;).

Edited by 40H3X, 22 September 2014 - 10:07.

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: New drivers Vu+ #64 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:46

For the OE-A I can answer that:

as the OE-A uses the very newest OE-environment and libraries, they also ran into problems when VU first came up with their new kernels. But in close cooperation with the VU-devs all issues have been fixed and drivers have been adapted. All this happened before the new kernels and drivers were publically released.

Re: New drivers Vu+ #65 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:06

And we are waiting for vu making drivers a modern environment instead of using patches that reverts the stuff somehow back.... ETA is determined by VU...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: New drivers Vu+ #66 dax

• 228 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 September 2014 - 16:24

Thanks at all for explanation! Why vu+ doesn't make a modern environment is an interesting question :)

Re: New drivers Vu+ #67 macnuts

• 420 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 22 September 2014 - 17:05

For the OE-A I can answer that:
as the OE-A uses the very newest OE-environment and libraries, they also ran into problems when VU first came up with their new kernels. But in close cooperation with the VU-devs all issues have been fixed and drivers have been adapted. All this happened before the new kernels and drivers were publically released.

And we are waiting for vu making drivers a modern environment instead of using patches that reverts the stuff somehow back.... ETA is determined by VU...

Judging from those two posts: there is OE-A accepted solution so vu+ does not feel like updating their build environment 'just for OpenPLi' (their feelings, not mine)?

Or is it other way and vu+ is going to update their build environment (hopefully), any rumours?

Re: New drivers Vu+ #68 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 22 September 2014 - 19:37

Hi,

I do not think that they have a new OE in the pipeline. They changed 1.5 years to their 2.1 and now they released the new kernel for this OE.

ciao

Re: New drivers Vu+ #69 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2014 - 20:40

Shirtly after releasing the new kernel & diver VU told me that they were in the process of updating their OE. Until now we have seen no results in that area (and not in any other aera either; they are rather silent).

Re: New drivers Vu+ #70 macnuts

• 420 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 22 September 2014 - 22:02

Thank you both for the information. No updade in the foreseeable future I am afraid.

Re: New drivers Vu+ #71 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:21

No updade in the foreseeable future I am afraid.

Not sure: recently WanWizard told us that they were dealing with the VU-devs about this.

Re: New drivers Vu+ #72 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:27

Correct. But I have to say I haven't seen any recent news as to this subject. But we keep on pushing...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: New drivers Vu+ #73 dax

• 228 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:49

Edited by dax, 23 September 2014 - 07:51.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users