Photo

VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 jdoe

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 December 2013 - 18:32

I migrated from a Dreambox 8000 with an older OpenPli image to a VU+ Duo2.  And now I am not able to use 2 CI Viaccess CAMs simultaneously anymore.

When the 2 CI CAMs are both inserted, none is able to decode its channels.  As soon as any one of them is removed, the remaining one works perfectly.

I got this same behaviour with:

- different CI modules
- different (Viaccess) cards
- different “Common Interface” settings (High Speed, Multiservice)
- even different images, including a recent OpenPli 4.0, both original VU+ images (V1.6 and 2.1) and a recent VTi

The same 2 CI CAMs configuration worked fine on the DM8000.  (Although, to be fair, the DM8000 has not 2, but 4 CI slots.  Simultaenous operation was only possible if both CI modules were in front.  One CI in a frontal slot and one in the back never worked.  At the time, I chalked this up to a quirk in my specific box.  Now I’m not so sure.)

I couldn’t find much info about such a phenomenon on the Net.  This probably means I’m doing something wrong, as I cannot imagine I’m the only one trying to actually use these slots as intended.

So I would be grateful if anyone can enlighten me about this, namely:

- does anyone have 2 CI CAMs working simultaneously in a VU+ Duo2?  If so, how?
- is this a known problem for the VU+ hardware or the Enigma 2 software?

To avoid wasting everybody’s time, please don’t provide alternate solutions to this problem,  I’m aware they exist and I’m actually using one right now.  I just want to be able to use the full hardware potential of the Duo2; the extra CI slot was one reason to prefer it to a Solo2.

Any comments/insights much appreciated.  Thank you.

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:22

Hi,

Try to install and configure: System plugins ; Common Interface Assignment

opkg update
opkg install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-commoninterfaceassignment

This install a new option in the CI menu that will allow you to specify which can to use.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #3 jdoe

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 December 2013 - 13:35

Thank you for your answer, Pr2.

I’m sorry to say I forgot to mention I already tried this; it didn’t work.  What pointed me in this direction was this post:

The error mentioned there (“No data on transponder” or something similar) occurred in my case too, with the Vuplus original image.

However, this doesn’t look as much as the software not knowing which CAM to use; it looks more like a hardware/driver problem.  Indeed, I managed to block a working Viaccess CAM by simply inserting an _empty_ CAM in the other CI slot!

Out of curiosity, did you actually use a working 2 CI combination yourself (using this plugin or otherwise)?

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 22 December 2013 - 21:19

Hi,

No I don't use it myself.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #5 Birota

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 January 2014 - 21:09

Hi guys,

I'm new here on the forum and in the receiver world.
Did someone found a solution for the issue above? I'm stuck on the same problem.

Thanks in advance!

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #6 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:23

Same problem here . 2 ci in vuduo and nada. That's a vu problem. Did You try other image ?

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #7 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:25

Sorry mist this.

even different images, including a recent OpenPli 4.0, both original VU+ images (V1.6 and 2.1) and a recent VTi

It must be vu driver problem

Edited by christophecvr, 21 October 2014 - 12:25.

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #8 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:39

Problem is not so much the VU but the CI. Since they respond to the same CAID 0500 for Viaccess they simply get their knickers twisted. Why using 2 Viaccess CI's at the same time? Why not using just 1? Put the other Viaccess card in the cardslot of the Vu and use a softcam. If you insist on having 2 CI's try to allocate the CAID with the openpli menu in the Common Interface section..
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #9 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:47

Because most Viaccess provider are using overencryption now, and each provider have its own PCMCIA overencryption system.

So you cannot use the card of one provider in another one provider cam even if the both claims to be Viacces, so yes you can have 2 differents Viaccess PCMCIA in the same STB.

And the internal reader is not the solution since we cannot handle the overencryption with softcam.

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #10 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:10

Back to the old DM8000 or give in to their demands: no open box and use their own boxes. It's what they want anyway! Last option: ditch those providers by unsubscribing. Hurts them in their wallets. Maybe they'll think again...
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #11 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:18

Sorry but it is not cause You have two times same caid ci . Even with one ci seca3 and one ci viaacces. It does not work.

On dm8000 all ok. On vu it does not work at all.

Vuduo2 works only with one ci from the moment two are installed it does not work at all anymore. You can install the image You wan't , it's for all images.

That is a vuduo2 driver or perhaps enigma2 versus vuduo2 problem. (problem identical even when original image is used.)

Checking on there forum it's by the vuduo2 a problem for everyone. (seems that vudo does not suffer from this problem it's the vuduo2 and solo2).

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:44

CI support on lots of platforms leave a lot to be desired I'm afraid, not only for the Vu Duo2.

With more and more providers forcing us to use CI's, it's going to be important that this is properly tested and added to the comparison wiki page (since it might be a purchase consideration for someone).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #13 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:18

CI support on lots of platforms leave a lot to be desired I'm afraid, not only for the Vu Duo2.

With more and more providers forcing us to use CI's, it's going to be important that this is properly tested and added to the comparison wiki page (since it might be a purchase consideration for someone).

Yes ci support will be important.  At this time I only need ci for one provider , telesat (due to overencrytion). But tvv will follow and then 2 ci will be required.

No softcam solution for this . And think it will never come.

What vu is doeing I can't understand. If on an old box like dm8000 is working perfect and not on modern It is a error of vu. It even proofs that they sell not enough tested hardware . If You sell a box with two ci slots those slots must work.

Edited by christophecvr, 24 October 2014 - 10:19.

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #14 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:33

Question is if it's a software issue, or a hardware design issue. And I don't know. All we can do is report it to VU+, and hope they deal with it...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #15 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 24 October 2014 - 13:07

Question is if it's a software issue, or a hardware design issue. And I don't know. All we can do is report it to VU+, and hope they deal with it...

Yes that I don't know. I just for test now installed the very latest vu+ manifacturs software. (code.vuplus.com) 2.1 Vu+ Duo2. It is just same problem. As soon two ci's installed nothing works.

Message received are :

No data on transponder

Timeout reading pat.

As soon I remove one off the ci's all ok for the specific card in that ci. I tried all comibinations.

two old tvv ci's

two new tcc ci's

1 new one old tvv ci.

One viaccess ci with one off the m7 ci's.

And other more older ci's. As soon a second ci is installed with or without card. any combination same results.

Extra remark as soon two ci's are installed the both ci's start to warm up . It's not that You burn you're self when taking them out but pretty close to it.

When only one ci is installed there is no warming up.

This last issue could show on a hardware design problem.

I now can write to vu self (as I did tests with there software they can't blame pli4 or other image makers for that)

Also my vu+duo2 is full up to date with firmware.

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #16 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:05

I found a strange kernel warning into vuduo2 about slots.

Oct 27 20:42:10 vuduo2 user.warn kernel: >>connection_id : 1, slot id : 0 reason : 2 slot :1

It's a fact that the ci's are with slot 1 and slot 2. Would not be suprized that it's not working with two ci's due two slot confusion issue.

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #17 freddy12

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 July 2016 - 09:51

Three years later is this possible yet?  just got a vu duo2 and added 2 cams and now getting the same error.   any image or code which could fix this?  thanks

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #18 goldeneye

• 1,030 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 9 July 2016 - 09:47

Probably not! There is still a sort of unwritten rule that you are allowed to use multiple CI's (mostly 2) as long ad the CAID's are not the same! Splitting should be done on provider and not on CAID alone.. In the DM8000 the plugin CommonInterface Assigment allows for this and works. If this routine is not implemented on other STB's it simply fails. For the same reason CDS & TVV CI's together never worked 100%..

I use a VU+ SoloSE V2 which only has 1 CI and 1 internal reader....

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #19 fedmond31

• 17 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:31

Hello, 

I am now facing with the same problem on ET 8000, Open PLi 6.2 and 7.1:

2 Viaccess Ci (1 Bis TV and 1 SRG card but 2 different brands CI) 

(Previously i have used 1 Ci with Bis and  1 slot with SRG card bur SRG card does not update anymore with Oscam)

Individual CI Work, Common interface assignement recognize 2 different CI on Slot 1 and Slot 2 but setup menu/Common interface always shows only slot 1  and never Slot 2 no matter whether slot 2 is occupied or not.

Is this irremediable ? also on Vu+ Duo 2  as i can get one instead ET8000 ?

Many thanks

Frank

Re: VU+ Duo2 with 2 CI CAMs problem #20 fedmond31

• 17 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 July 2019 - 10:45

Hello,

Nobody answered to my previous post but maybe nobody knows ?

But:

I have managed to get hand on a Duo 2 with VTI 14 image, it is working perfectly on this setup:

CI assignement by service slot 1 and 2 , menu/Common interface shows slot 1 and slot 2 .

I wonder if Open PLI would work as well ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users