• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mdshd

• 140 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 17 June 2014 - 23:59

Dear Rytec Team,

it would be great if you could remove the german channels EPG (ZDF HD, Das erste HD) from Spain, Italy and France source. These two channels have a nice EPG already for over 4 weeks. 

Thank you!

ET10000

Re: ZDF HD, ARD HD (Das Erste HD) #2 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,011 posts

+639
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:04

No.  (as explained before)

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: ZDF HD, ARD HD (Das Erste HD) #3 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,011 posts

+639
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2014 - 13:41

Reconsidered this.  And moved ARD and ZDF back to the German package.

So it will be gone from others.

(I had it previously moved to the news section which is included in almost everything)

If somebody wants EPG for ARD and ZDF, they will need to load the German package.

Willy

Edited by doglover, 18 June 2014 - 13:46.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: ZDF HD, ARD HD (Das Erste HD) #4 mdshd

• 140 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:27

@doglover, I appreciate your genious work and thank you removing ARD and ZDF, a lot of users from germany and other countries watching ard and zdf will thank you for this.

Why not make a sepparate source for News? For user who need only news EPG, if ZDF and ARD are in news area. But there is tageschau24 (also HD). This is pure news channel from ARD Group. 

ET10000

Re: ZDF HD, ARD HD (Das Erste HD) #5 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,011 posts

+639
Excellent

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:03

The news section contains the news channels which are the same in every package.  BBC world news, CNN, Sky news, France24 etc.  This section is grabbed once, and added to each file.

Now also BBC1/2 and ARD/ZDF are frequently found in many other packages, especially with cable providers.  So I added these to the news section.  Which meant I only had to grab them once (and not for every package separately).

And yes tageschau24 is a news channel, but is only found in the German speaking world.  No one else seems to be interested in it.

Also the use of EIT or MHW EPG is however no reason the eliminate a channel from the list. 

It is not recommended to use XMLTVimport together with EIT/MHW because of the double entries problem.  Although with XMLTVimport you have this problem also.

However when you use EIT and XMLTVimport, and have a problem - What is the cause of the problem EIT or XMLTVimport?

You report the problem , and I will search a couple of hours for a none existing problem.  You see.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: ZDF HD, ARD HD (Das Erste HD) #6 mdshd

• 140 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 2 July 2014 - 06:57

Hello WIlly, 

I recognized that Das Erste HD is still in not german sources, I don't know which source exatly but in some of the sources I download.

I import from Spain, Italy, France and Croatia-Serbia sources.

But now I also have on many german channels imported EPG, for example on RTL HD, VOX HD, NDR HD and for me very important 3sat HD and arte HD and many more. All those channels get EPG from XMLTVimport and I don't have chosen german source. Problem is, that imported EPG is not as accurate as the original. Do you need a list with reference of all those channels?

The original EPG has "Genre, Country Year" in Description, the imported not. 

And is it possible to remove the square bracket from genre on all EPG? [Drama] to be only Drama, or If possible this way - Genre, Year Country, Original Name of the Film, IMDB Rating (if FIlm). if possible.

Is it possible that the EPG gets imdb rating in shortdescription? It would be great feature. 

Best regards!

Edited by mdshd, 2 July 2014 - 07:01.

ET10000

Re: ZDF HD, ARD HD (Das Erste HD) #7 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,011 posts

+639
Excellent

Posted 2 July 2014 - 07:48

In the Croatian file also a number German channels are included.

On request from users.

The square brackets are included around the Genre on purpose.  It is in all packages the same.

The info Genre, Year Country, Original Name of the Film, IMDB Rating (if FIlm) should be included if available.  However I am still using older grabber definitions which do have the complete set included.

I can try to complete it with this info (If I can find it on the website which publishes the channels schedule). 

In order for me not edit and search in every grabber definition (I use around 200 of them)  can you tell me a couple channel names (and country of origin) which you want changed?

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: ZDF HD, ARD HD (Das Erste HD) #8 mdshd

• 140 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 2 July 2014 - 15:28

Willy,

1. The users requested german channels in croatian source, it is not logical, only because there are few german channels in coratian PayTV. I'm downloading all the italian package becuase of 3 channels (Rai HD, Rai 2 HD and RAI 3 HD) I even have no hotbird for sky italy. And i have not requested RAI in other packages than italian. 

I'm using Spain source only for 5-6 channels, and have not requested to have those channels in croatian source or something else. From France I need only 3 Channels and I'm downloading the hole france source. I don't see a problem for that. I have enough space and RAM.

2. There is a 80 million people market in germany and much more customers from there and customers who wants to have original EPG on german channels. If croatians or serbians wants to have german EPG, I really don't know why they need import. If those people live in Germany or The Netherlands, then they should download the german source if they don't like the original EPG, I don't see a problem (maybe they have a problem with their fake boxes which do not have enough RAM or flash). Other people and I do also download the hole sources from other coutries. So I don't see a reason to have german channels EPG in other source than german.

3. You don't think it is more beautiful to have no brackets? OpenPLi doesn't need the square brackets, the square brackets are only interesting for crossepg users with dmm images where genre appear in the title and not in the description. But for OpenPLi and PLi based images I don't see a reason to have square brackets. But those users should sell their dreamboxes and buy a box supported by OpenPLi, then they can have beautiful EPG :)

4. Channel names and country of origin

You don't need the edit channels separately for me. I ment only if this is a smart graber, where you can add only some parameters for all channels. 

ET10000

Re: ZDF HD, ARD HD (Das Erste HD) #9 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,011 posts

+639
Excellent

Posted 2 July 2014 - 16:09

You don't need the edit channels separately for me. I ment only if this is a smart graber, where you can add only some parameters for all channels.

I do not edit separate channels.  I can change the grabber definition for a complete set.  But the problem is which grabber definition to change.  (I use 200 of them).

So tell me which channels you want the imdb info for.  This tells me straight away which grabber definition I have to adapt.  It will then be used grabbing all the channels from that particular website.

For the Ex-Yu I use 7 different website, with 7 different grabber definitions.

And why there are German channels (or British and even French) in the Croatian (Ex-Yu) package?  For the same short of reasons you are trying now.  Somebody asked, and kept on asking!  And nagged me about it until I caved in.

I agree with you that it is not logical.  They do not belong in there.

The Square brackets is a choice I have made.  And it is supposed to be consistent throughout the different packages.  Although some still dates before I start using this system.

Genre is between square brackets.  Episode info is between ().  As are the original title and production date.  These are all in the subtitle field and I need a separator for this different info.

This system is also used on a number of different websites to indicate this sort of info.  Genre in square brackets.  Episode in enclosed with ().

Here an example from the Polish EPG which illustrates the situation:

<title lang="pl">Ponad wszystko 4</title>
    <sub-title lang="pl">[serial familijny]  (Der Fürst und das Mädchen: Die Söhne des Fürsten) (Ep.6) (2007) (Niemcy)</sub-title>
    <desc lang="pl">Przy okazji przypadkowego spotkania nad grobem Ursuli Sophia wyjawia księciu swoją prawdziwą tożsamość. Książę obiecuje jej dożywotnie prawo mieszkania w zamku oraz wsparcie dla jej działań. Za przyczyną rozgoryczonego Gessweina w ręce Thomasa trafiają dokumenty dotyczące kurateli nad Nicolaiem. Obiecuje ojcu, że będzie się opiekował młodszym bratem
Dalsze losy Beate, Friedricha i Ursuli to seria pełna skandali, intryg, tragicznych zdarzeń i interesujących zwrotów akcji. Friedrich dowiaduje się, że ma nieślubnego syna, Beate szuka dawcy szpiku, a Sophia wyjawia, kim tak naprawdę jest
Maximilian Schell, Daniela Ziegler, Roland Koch, Hans-Peter Korff</desc>
  </programme>

In Enigma2 I only have 3 fields for info:  Title, subtitle and description.

So I have to give the info in these 3 fields.  (The XMLTV standard has fields for each and every one of this info)

Willy

Edited by doglover, 2 July 2014 - 16:10.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: ZDF HD, ARD HD (Das Erste HD) #10 mdshd

• 140 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 2 July 2014 - 17:33

Hello Willy,

Ok, then i will not use the croatia, serbia source and the problem is solved.

Best regards!

ET10000

Re: ZDF HD, ARD HD (Das Erste HD) #11 Gredos

• 180 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 12 July 2014 - 20:04

Thank you. Putting those channels in the german pack only really makes most sense. And we can finally use the channel own EPG again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users