impossible to modify numerical parameters

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 colebri

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:53

hi

I've a Vu+ ultimo with a OpenPLI 4 (may 2014). Since a while i'm not able to modify fields like network setup, or start or end time for a timer with the remote. The only thing I can modify is the length of recording when creating an instantaneous recording. But for all other operations that require entering number with the remote control, nothing happen when the field are highlighted and I push on the buttons

For 10 days at home my internet connection is out of order so I can't update anything on the ultimo, I also managed to create an internet connection with a 3G mobile phone and a PC, I would like to share this connection with my ultimo but since I can't modify the network setup it's not possible.

So my questions are:

1.- does anyone already have this kind of problem?

2.- is it possible to update the version of OpenPLI without downloading it directly from the terminal, but by using a file which would be downloaded from a PC, putting it on a USB drive and say to the ultimo to use this file on the usb drive connected to it, to upgrade it?

3.- if it's not possible, I maybe can try to reinstall from 0 a new openPLI, but it will take much more time because of my complex satellites settings, which I think (and all other settings too) will be loose; I'm also not sure that the backup I did with autobackup and the recordings on the HDD will not be erase. Can you say me if it will be the case?

thanks so much

Re: impossible to modify numerical parameters #2 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 18 September 2014 - 14:44

You can take a PC keyboard and plug it into the box, and type on that. Should work immediately, no reboot or driver install required.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: impossible to modify numerical parameters #3 colebri

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 September 2014 - 17:10

thanks so much for this proposition, I didn't thought to this possibility, I will try it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users