Functionality Question | Request

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 greatred

• 268 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:07

1. I`m sure most of us know functionality of the Movieplayer to resume the playback of file on the position it was last stopped.

We open a file, a message-box is appearing asking if the playback should be resumed at MM:ss.

While answering either YES or NO will do the job fine, leaving the message-box untouched will activate the first option on top and that would be to resume the playback on stored position.

In my opinion the default action should be to start the file from the beginning.

Is such a change achievable ?

2. Being a timeshift function fetishist on a single tuner VU+ Uno, I dream of an additional Timer Type: Zap&Pause

Again: is such an enhancement possible ?

Re: Functionality Question | Request #2 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,344 posts

+120
Excellent

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:23

1. You can change to the default option be NO, instead of YES.

In /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py in the line 2712: http://sourceforge.n...nerics.py#l2712

add a default = False to be as follows:

Notifications.AddNotificationWithCallback(self.playLastCB, MessageBox, _("Do you want to resume this playback?") + "\n" + (_("Resume position at %s") % ("%d:%02d:%02d" % (l/3600, l%3600/60, l%60))), timeout=10, default = False)

Then, without doing anything, or immediately by pressing OK, resume playback from the beginning.
But after enigma2 update these changes will be lost.
I think that many are accustomed to it as is now, and nobody would be to change this.

Re: Functionality Question | Request #3 greatred

• 268 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 15 October 2014 - 15:14

Many thanks for the proposed workaround. 

Still hoping someone will consider this change. Eventually maybe it could be made configurable.

Re: Functionality Question | Request #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,083 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 15 October 2014 - 15:23

1. Why do you want to change this?  You reply no and then you have what you asked?  If you start a movie from the movieplayer it is because you want to see it, so you are supposed to watch the TV screen and answer.

Why start from the beginning would be a better option than start from the last saved position?

2. This indeed a very good idea, I also use timeshift daily and it would be nice to be able to set-it up from the EPG. Now we have to think to start it, with this option we can shedule it longer before the program start. Nice idea I love it.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Functionality Question | Request #5 greatred

• 268 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 15 October 2014 - 15:35

@Pr2 you have a point in talking about "you are supposed to watch the TV screen and answer" This is the case almost on 9/10 occasions.

The option is great for recordings or full length movies, but shorter files (video clips, anime etc) are started from the beginning in the most cases.

I understand that changing the behavior globally would be not wished by the majority of users.

Maybe it could be possible to implement the switch for the start/resume behavior depending on the directory ? (Use individual settings for each directory)

Re: Functionality Question | Request #6 greatred

• 268 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:30

@Devs

Could you please have a look at the described behavior of "Do you want to resume playback at XX:XX" ?

Could you please consider or comment the proposed enhancement ?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Functionality Question | Request #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,679 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:40

Ideally this should be a config switch with the options "continue", "restart", "ask". So you can also opt not to see that message at all if you always want to start at the beginning.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Functionality Question | Request #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,303 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:07

I just committed a solution for the default on the recording resume popup...

http://sourceforge.n...26065e4ab1ff24/

Edited by littlesat, 24 October 2014 - 09:09.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Functionality Question | Request #9 greatred

• 268 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 26 October 2014 - 21:14

Many Thanks for committing this solution . Keep up the best support here !

Re: Functionality Question | Request #10 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,083 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 27 October 2014 - 21:22

Hi,

What about the other suggestion, to have a new option in the EPG to be able to schedule a timeshift from there?

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Functionality Question | Request #11 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,303 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 27 October 2014 - 22:09

Why doing that?... You always can select the recording, even when the event is already busy... I suggest this is not really added value.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Functionality Question | Request #12 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,083 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:14

Hi,

Every night I am watching TV in timeshift, and to avoid to start it too soon we wait +/- 15 minutes before the program begins to start the timeshift.

The idea is to be able to schedule a timeshift start from the EPG, now you can: zap, record, zap&record, nice idea would be to add zap&timeshift.

So we can schedule whenever we want in the day the evening timeshift and it will start automatically,  I am sure WAF will appreciate such feature.

Starting a recording is not the point here:

- because I don't want to keep this recording.

- when you start playing back a recording it will stop at the position it was while recording playback start, you always need to start over and over the playback to watch the show. (with timeshift option you avoid this).

Pr2

Re: Functionality Question | Request #13 greatred

• 268 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:06

WAF is the keyword here :) but I must admit that the main reason why I love this idea is because of live events which we are in danger to miss from the beginning. Being able to schedule a timeshift, arrive and unpause could be really handy.

If possible, please consider this enhancement.

PS:. the background of this idea is also to keep the screen busy with paused event and avoid to let someone zap to a channel and ruin our Live-Event experience (Live Sport events?)

Edited by greatred, 28 October 2014 - 09:09.

Re: Functionality Question | Request #14 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,303 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:36

Zap and record is more safe than timeshift... And in fact is doing exactly the same.... What is the difference?

Re: Functionality Question | Request #15 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,039 posts

+339
Excellent

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:42

Hi,

Every night I am watching TV in timeshift, and to avoid to start it too soon we wait +/- 15 minutes before the program begins to start the timeshift.

The idea is to be able to schedule a timeshift start from the EPG, now you can: zap, record, zap&record, nice idea would be to add zap&timeshift.

So we can schedule whenever we want in the day the evening timeshift and it will start automatically,  I am sure WAF will appreciate such feature.

Starting a recording is not the point here:

- because I don't want to keep this recording.

- when you start playing back a recording it will stop at the position it was while recording playback start, you always need to start over and over the playback to watch the show. (with timeshift option you avoid this).

Pr2

use auto timeshift

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Functionality Question | Request #16 greatred

• 268 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 28 October 2014 - 14:29

The difference is that the event is not paused while I`m arriving and sit in front of the TV. What is the point of knowing the actual score from lets say Football Match and then launch the playback from beginning ?

I know that timeshift implementation in enigma2 is not the best and you guys already did a whole lot of good job in taking it to the next level (BTW:. saving timeshift is not 100% working - was this an issue with VU+ drivers?).

If the workload is that big then please don't bother with this. I thought such a change is easy and not complex.

Edited by greatred, 28 October 2014 - 14:30.

Re: Functionality Question | Request #17 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 28 October 2014 - 15:01

Still do not know, why you cannot use recording timer. Then you open PVR and use Play on recording (red icon) file and you can use Pause, REW/FF too.

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Functionality Question | Request #18 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,303 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 28 October 2014 - 16:14

Still do not know, why you cannot use recording timer. Then you open PVR and use Play on recording (red icon) file and you can use Pause, REW/FF too.

+1

Edited by littlesat, 28 October 2014 - 16:14.

Re: Functionality Question | Request #19 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 28 October 2014 - 16:28

when you start playing back a recording it will stop at the position it was while recording playback start

I regularly watch recordings which are still in progress and don't experience this issue. I can remember the behavior but it has been fixed a long time ago.

Imho if the bug still occurs on some boxes under certain conditions, fixing such a bug will be a much better solution than scheduling a paused timeshift.

Re: Functionality Question | Request #20 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,303 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 28 October 2014 - 16:32

There were issues with that when you record it on another box's harddrive... this was solved long time ago.

The issue was the recording could stop at the moment where the end was at the moment you started playing it (few!!!) It was a samba configuration on the box where the harddisk drive was located.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users