12 replies to this topic

#1 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:39

Hi,

I play around with column width parameter and find it a total non sense to apply it elsewhere than in favorites when it is set to 0 pixels.

Having the column widht set to 0 prevent the display of the channel name, I can understand it in the favorite since most of the time we have the picons for all the channels in this list.

But when it is set to 0 and that you go to the all channels (red button) the same parameters applied, which is non-sense because nobody have picons for all the channels.

Moreover when provider reorganised there channels list they swap channel from TPs and reuse the same identifier for the channels so picons are no longer valid (typically after every changes of french canalsat). So the all channels list/satellites list/operators list to retrieve the channels is totally useless.

I find it better to have the columns width defined at 0 pixels only applied to the favorites channels and not the all (red) / satellite (green) / operators (yellow)  displayed channel, the channel name should always be displayed in those screens.

0 pixel wide should only applied to the favorites (blue).

Regards,

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: columns width parameter - 0 pixel please only applied it on favorites #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:55

Why not give the picons on the all service, satellite and provider lists?

And indeed the 0 size is not helpfull when you do not have picons at all!!!!!

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: columns width parameter - 0 pixel please only applied it on favorites #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:28

Do you really have the correct picons for all the 3.200 channels that I can get? Answer is clearly no: nobody have the correct picons for all the channels.

When do you go in the All channels? When you search for precise channel, how do you search for the channel:  on its name, but no name is displayed so it is totally useless.

And as explained when CSAT channel reorganised there channels they swap channel but keep the same ID.

So if they decide to swap TF1 and FRANCE2  then I will have TF1 picon on FRANCE2 and vice-versa, so picons become totally obsolete....

0 width pixel is a nice feature for favorites I'd like it but not for the other possible view. :-)

Give it a try set a 0 width pixel and play with it you will see what I mean.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: columns width parameter - 0 pixel please only applied it on favorites #4 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:35

There are quite a number of users who only have services in their lists that they can actually watch and have picons for. So for those it might be a handy option (and in fact it was asked for that very reason).

And if you don't want tu use that option, simply don't use it.

Re: columns width parameter - 0 pixel please only applied it on favorites #5 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:18

I just committed a solution for this topic.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: columns width parameter - 0 pixel please only applied it on favorites #6 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 17 October 2014 - 14:43

@SatKierKerd,

I never say that I don't like this option please read and understand my request/concern about this option. I use it also for my favorites, but like it is today it makes the other options "view" unusable.

I just try to make suggestions to make it more user-friendly and smarter (logical) that it is currently done (before Littlesat solution, will test it when available).

@littlesat,

Thanks to have take the time to understand my suggestions and work on a solution.

Pr2

Re: columns width parameter - 0 pixel please only applied it on favorites #7 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 17 October 2014 - 16:18

Yep, understood.

Re: columns width parameter - 0 pixel please only applied it on favorites #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 17 October 2014 - 18:12

@PR2,

Update your box(es)... it seems it is already available from our feeds...

Re: columns width parameter - 0 pixel please only applied it on favorites #9 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 17 October 2014 - 18:45

Indeed it is.

Edited by SatKiekerd, 17 October 2014 - 18:46.

Re: columns width parameter - 0 pixel please only applied it on favorites #10 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:08

Hi,

Yes it is, this is a good starting point.  :)

Since name is not display when picon exist, would be nice to have the name displayed somewhere one the screen when the cursor is on a channel in the all view, because today we have no way to see the full channel name (except changing the parameter).

So even if it is hide in the list, would be nice to be able to read the channel name somewhere on the screen.

Perhaps below the PiG windows:

display channel name: EPG

or below the next EPG info (shift it up slightly).

But we should be able to read the full channel name somewhere when browsing the list.

Why: if channel name changed picon become wrong, we probably can't associate a channel name to all picons by mind.

But I am still really convince that the when width is 0 this should only be applied in the favorites view.  :D

Pr2

Re: columns width parameter - 0 pixel please only applied it on favorites #11 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:15

To display the name somewhere is something the skin should arrange... And for thise who do not use 0 pixel width this looks wierd....
But I suggest you can better don't use 0 size when you're not sure avout your picons...

Edited by littlesat, 18 October 2014 - 09:17.

Re: columns width parameter - 0 pixel please only applied it on favorites #12 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 18 October 2014 - 15:51

Indeed this is the only solution in this case. 

Thanks for the improvement.

But another way can be to display then the channel name in the highlight selection bar, so people that don't use size 0 won't see any difference, only user that use 0 size will display the channel name but only on the highlighted channel in the channel list...

Re: columns width parameter - 0 pixel please only applied it on favorites #13 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 18 October 2014 - 15:53

Then still the all channels list looks wierd.... See nothing only when the cursor is on it.... :( I suggest as it is now we have the best compromise...

Edited by littlesat, 18 October 2014 - 15:54.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users