• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #101 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2014 - 18:30

What I don't get is that this difflib is supplied by OE. I am not sure though if it's included. But I guess the simple ®DEPENDS being present would be enough reason for bitbake to draw it in.

after an yet another close look at that error:

ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'python-difflib,' (but /home/martin/oe4_formuler1/meta-openpli/recipes-openpli/e2openplugins/enigma2-plugin-extensions-seriesplugin.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
NOTE: Runtime target 'python-difflib,' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['python-difflib,']
ERROR: Required build target 'openpli-enigma2-feed' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['openpli-enigma2-feed', 'packagegroup-openplugins', 'enigma2-plugin-extensions-seriesplugin', 'python-difflib,']

mystery finally solved...
these commas in the dependencies list in the plugin recipe caused the problem (there's no 'python-difflib,' indeed ;))

so, when I thought that the change from rdep to dep for python-difflib was what fixed the issue (#66), actually it was correcting the syntax that did the trick...

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #102 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 24 November 2014 - 19:24

May I ask, what the benefits will provide the new "C" library?

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #103 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2014 - 19:25

None, the "old" simply isn't maintained anymore, so we need to switch.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #104 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2014 - 19:26

What I don't get is that this difflib is supplied by OE. I am not sure though if it's included. But I guess the simple ®DEPENDS being present would be enough reason for bitbake to draw it in.

after an yet another close look at that error:

ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'python-difflib,' (but /home/martin/oe4_formuler1/meta-openpli/recipes-openpli/e2openplugins/enigma2-plugin-extensions-seriesplugin.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
NOTE: Runtime target 'python-difflib,' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['python-difflib,']
ERROR: Required build target 'openpli-enigma2-feed' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['openpli-enigma2-feed', 'packagegroup-openplugins', 'enigma2-plugin-extensions-seriesplugin', 'python-difflib,']

mystery finally solved...
these commas in the dependencies list in the plugin recipe caused the problem (there's no 'python-difflib,' indeed ;))

so, when I thought that the change from rdep to dep for python-difflib was what fixed the issue (#66), actually it was correcting the syntax that did the trick...

And then it works? I guess acds can change it and we can try then.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #105 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2014 - 19:35

Updates, fixes and new features, eglibc is now dead project.

From eglibc project: users and developers should now move back to GLIBC and develop it as needed in accordance with the goals of EGLIBC

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #106 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2014 - 20:36

And then it works? I guess acds can change it and we can try then.

actually this python-difflib error concerned the series plugin, recipe adjustment fixes it:

RDEPENDS_${PN} = "\
    python-difflib \
    python-html \
    python-json \
    python-shell \
    python-re \
    python-xml \
    python-ctypes \
    "

but the main issue was that the series plugin repo was never added to the e2openplugins, only the recipe... (and whether it would actually build, that's another story ;))
---
And as to the epgimportfilter plugin, it gave an compile error, @Acds hopefully will take a look into that /see here /

(and in case of this plugin python-difflib dependency is just a side issue)

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #107 mimoun01

• 71 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 November 2014 - 22:36

bonjour j,espere que vous aurrez une solution 232 mise a jour avec le flach du 19.11.2014   redemare en rouge et bloquer

Le forum est en anglais. Pas de français si tu veux des réponses / Forum is in English. No French if you want answers.

Please be more specific:

- What is your box type?

- Which version did you have before? >> Is this the Flash from 19.11.14 you mention?

- What did you do to block your box? >> Update and restart? If so, when did you do this?

Good evening saw solo OpenPLi OpenPLi 4 -4.0- beta - vusolo 20141119_usb.zip19 / 11/2014 .Modified and restart remains red after update 232 packet apologize me for french ...

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #108 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 25 November 2014 - 15:13

but the main issue was that the series plugin repo was never added to the e2openplugins, only the recipe... (and whether it would actually build, that's another story ;))

How do you mean? The series plugin repo is a "child" of e2openplugins, which is a submodule in the openpli tree. The bb files and include files determine the name of the repo automagically from the name of the plugin, in this case e2openplugins-seriesplugin which exists indeed.

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #109 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 25 November 2014 - 15:31

well...
apparently I still don't quite get it, so possibly the lame question: shouldn't this repo be visible here:

https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins

?

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:
fatal: remote error:
  Repository not found.

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #110 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 25 November 2014 - 15:55

Hmmm, interesting, I didn't see this problem.

Anyway, as soon as the builds get reasonable stable again, I will dive into this.

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #111 mimoun01

• 71 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 November 2014 - 16:33

bonjour j,espere que vous aurrez une solution 232 mise a jour avec le flach du 19.11.2014   redemare en rouge et bloquer

Le forum est en anglais. Pas de français si tu veux des réponses / Forum is in English. No French if you want answers.

Please be more specific:

- What is your box type?

- Which version did you have before? >> Is this the Flash from 19.11.14 you mention?

- What did you do to block your box? >> Update and restart? If so, when did you do this?

Good evening saw solo OpenPLi OpenPLi 4 -4.0- beta - vusolo 20141119_usb.zip19 / 11/2014 .Modified and restart remains red after update 232 packet apologize me for french ...

hello to you all is ok resolved after reflacher last date everything is ok patiance to update

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #112 Marc-UK

• 39 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 25 November 2014 - 17:00

There will probably be no more version increments.

Hmmm, interesting, I didn't see this problem.

Anyway, as soon as the builds get reasonable stable again, I will dive into this.

Given the announcement was made over a week ago and that it still does not look like every problem is solved, would it not have made sense to have a version 4.1 or a fork to have a "stable" and "unstable" version?

With boxes being bricked, I (and possibly many others) will probably be very reluctant to update to the new version without knowing all the side effects. Or wait long enough (like 2-3 months), which means losing many updates and a large one to perform in a few weeks/months' time when we finally decide to do it.

Just my 2 cents :huh:

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #113 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 26 November 2014 - 13:46

What is exactly unclear about "nightly builds" and "unstable"? You might want to keep a version that is working for you, no need to constantly update.

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #114 delavega

• 377 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 28 November 2014 - 16:41

hi,

i upgraded 261 packages few days ago by removing the vuplus shutdown trick but now everytime i look for an update it says no updates available

is this normal? kernel 3.3.8 enigma 2014 11 13 G streamer 0.10.36

thanks

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ DUO 2</strong></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ SOLO</strong></span></span>

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #115 wheelwright

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 November 2014 - 21:13

hi,

i upgraded 261 packages few days ago by removing the vuplus shutdown trick but now everytime i look for an update it says no updates available

is this normal? kernel 3.3.8 enigma 2014 11 13 G streamer 0.10.36

thanks

Yep same here, same question...

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #116 findex

• 37 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 28 November 2014 - 21:15

I had the same "issue" on a Duo2 and a Solo2.

No updates for some days.

Yesterday I flashed both again, did again an online update, installed all plugins and now both showed updates as usual today.

So I assume you have to flash the box to get normal updates working again. Not sure about the technical background.

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #117 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 28 November 2014 - 21:22

A simple question from a simple user of ET9000, not updated for a month or two.

If I run an online update these days, will I have trouble? I have read all sorts of issues including "shutdown".

If I want to avoid re-flashing, how can I safeguard my box before running an online update?

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #118 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,471 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 28 November 2014 - 21:28

A simple question from a simple user of ET9000, not updated for a month or two.

If I run an online update these days, will I have trouble? I have read all sorts of issues including "shutdown".

If I want to avoid re-flashing, how can I safeguard my box before running an online update?

better wait a few days

we noticed some things on the buildservers

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #119 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 28 November 2014 - 21:53

Thank you, hemertje.

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Really BIG upgrade tomorrow #120 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:38

You must either re-flash or avoid the shutdown trap (see other topics). But flash is the best option.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)