Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #61 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 19 January 2015 - 23:22

Not necessary to uninstall first. You may get some error messages - just ignore. It will install.

Hi pcd,

sorry to say, but even version 2.0 doesn't play VEVO videos. I have tried it without success.

Vevo has country block. I will try another youtube which (I am told) fixes this problem.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #62 brandy11

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:32

Not necessary to uninstall first. You may get some error messages - just ignore. It will install.

Hi pcd,

sorry to say, but even version 2.0 doesn't play VEVO videos. I have tried it without success.

Vevo has country block. I will try another youtube which (I am told) fixes this problem.

VEVO videos are working (no country block) on TSmedia (latest version 8.3), so you can use the same youtube plugin. Ask mfaraj... Thanks.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #63 brandy11

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:06

Hi pcd,

VEVO videos are working (no country block) on TSmedia (latest version 8.3), so you can use the same youtube plugin. Ask mfaraj... Thanks.

Ideal solution for me would be to get MyTube plugin get fixed so that I can watch VEVO videos. Currently I have this plugin installed  enigma2-plugin-extensions-mytube_1.0-20140309-r20_fix_mips32el.zip. I can watch everything from Youtube except videos/music clips. Startup of this plugin is fast, searching is also fast (faster than kodidirect youtube plugin) and is not huge size wise (only 1MB). Other plugins like TSmedia, mediaportal, kodidirect are to heavy for my AZBox therefore running slowly.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #64 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:58

Ideal solution for me would be to get MyTube plugin get fixed so that I can watch VEVO videos. Currently I have this plugin installed  enigma2-plugin-extensions-mytube_1.0-20140309-r20_fix_mips32el.zip. I can watch everything from Youtube except videos/music clips. Startup of this plugin is fast, searching is also fast (faster than kodidirect youtube plugin) and is not huge size wise (only 1MB). Other plugins like TSmedia, mediaportal, kodidirect are to heavy for my AZBox therefore running slowly.

If you only want youtube - that is the best solution.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #65 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 20 January 2015 - 13:07

But the problem is - mytube and others all wait for the xbmc youtube to be updated first - because they all copy from the xbmc plugins ! That is why I developed KodiDirect - because the users can directly use the updated xbmc plugin instead of waiting for the enigma2 versions.

Regarding speed - the enigma2 versions can be quicker because their regex (or python "find") code for scraping webpages is quicker for receivers. Plugins for xbmc are intended for pc or other devices where code execution speed is not an issue..

Edited by pcd, 20 January 2015 - 13:08.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #66 kaki

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 January 2015 - 19:20

hi pcd, i have manually unpacked the V2 ipk and installed manually as i am trying to get KodiDirect to run

on a DM800se/TSimage3 OE2..

only minor problems BUT

1... although there seems to be a loading png file i never see this.

2... in most screens the red button is wrong, sometimes it asks to delete the file other screens it dont work - i use exit button instead

3.. in the youtube 4.4.10 module i cant download - i imediately get 'finished'  100/100 and nothing is saved. other icefilm, filmon etc., downloads work fine

1 and 2 are no hassle but i cant figure what's causing the youtube problem. - there are no crashes etc.,

i would be gratefull if you may advise which module is used by the youtube download so i try and fix..

thank you.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #67 brandy11

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 January 2015 - 20:38

But the problem is - mytube and others all wait for the xbmc youtube to be updated first - because they all copy from the xbmc plugins ! That is why I developed KodiDirect - because the users can directly use the updated xbmc plugin instead of waiting for the enigma2 versions.

Regarding speed - the enigma2 versions can be quicker because their regex (or python "find") code for scraping webpages is quicker for receivers. Plugins for xbmc are intended for pc or other devices where code execution speed is not an issue..

Hi pcd,

thanks for explanation regarding the speed. So if you find and test another youtube plugin which fixes this VEVO videos problem (country blocking or not working at all) please let me know. Then I will reinstall your kodidirect.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #68 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 20 January 2015 - 21:01

hi pcd, i have manually unpacked the V2 ipk and installed manually as i am trying to get KodiDirect to run

only minor problems BUT

2... in most screens the red button is wrong, sometimes it asks to delete the file other screens it dont work - i use exit button instead

3.. in the youtube 4.4.10 module i cant download - i imediately get 'finished'  100/100 and nothing is saved. other icefilm, filmon etc., downloads work fine

1 and 2 are no hassle but i cant figure what's causing the youtube problem. - there are no crashes etc.,

i would be gratefull if you may advise which module is used by the youtube download so i try and fix..

thank you.

I do not understand what you are doing. Why don't you install the plugin as usual wth opkg install ?

It installs and works ok on my dm500hd.

Edited by pcd, 20 January 2015 - 21:02.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #69 kaki

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 January 2015 - 21:10

only minor problems BUT

thank you.

I do not understand what you are doing. Why don't you install the plugin as usual wth opkg install ?

It installs and works ok on my dm500hd.

ooohhh...i thought since the plugin was not meant for a DM800 i better install manually..

ok..ty.. will try installing with opkg :-)

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #70 brandy11

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 January 2015 - 22:17

Hi pcd,

Hi pcd,

did you already find a plugin which get around the ''country block'' for VEVO videos?  Actually I have found out that no plugin for VEVO is working for me (TSmedia, Kodidirect, MyTube plugin, mediaportal, webmedia, etc...). I am based in the UK. Can you please advice what can I do? But VEVO videos are working fine when running from laptop. So I am wondering whether the country block is a really a valid reason for not working in my RSI OpenPli3.0 AZBox.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #71 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 23 January 2015 - 00:57

I tested (in uk) and installed vevo plugin in KodiDirect2. Please try that.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #72 brandy11

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:05

I tested (in uk) and installed vevo plugin in KodiDirect2. Please try that.

Did you change this plugin since this Monday (19/01/15)? Is this VEVO plugin in KodiDirect2 working in your box even if you are in the UK? What is your ISP? Mine is Sky.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #73 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:02

The bromix youtube (which plays vevo) is working in KodiDirect 2.0 now (after today's update).

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #74 brandy11

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:24

The bromix youtube (which plays vevo) is working in KodiDirect 2.0 now (after today's update).

Thanks, will try tonight and let you know.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #75 brandy11

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 January 2015 - 20:37

I have installed latest version of Kodi direct v2. 23/1/15. There is no plugin bromix youtube. From where I can download it and how to install it?

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #76 brandy11

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 January 2015 - 21:34

I have installed latest version of Kodi direct v2. 23/1/15. There is no plugin bromix youtube. From where I can download it and how to install it? I have copied it from GitHub v5.0.4 , but I can't even start this plugin due to error. Please submit debug log e.log. For info ....

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #77 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 24 January 2015 - 00:36

Remove the current youtube
from get more categories youtube download youtube
from software download python requests

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #78 brandy11

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:52

Attached File  e.log   29.36KB   5 downloads

Remove the current youtube
from get more categories youtube download youtube
from software download python requests

Today I have updated Kodidirect to latest version from 24/1/2015. Also I have removed current youtube and downloaded bromix YouTube 5.0.5 beta2 and python requests_1.2.3-r3.13_all.ipk from software OpenPli 4

Basically I have done everything as you suggested. Full file e.log is attached. Here is just a part when it falling over.

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/sqlite3/dbapi2.py", line 27, in <module>
    from _sqlite3 import *
ImportError: libsqlite3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory 

Edited by brandy11, 24 January 2015 - 11:56.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v1.0 #79 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 24 January 2015 - 13:35

Please install kodiDirect 2.0 - and disxcuss in that thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users