• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 chafpa

• 197 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 20 December 2014 - 15:22

hello,

I wanted to flash a new image for the updates.

The image of today or yesterday that will not install on my Vu + Solo2.

I thought these update problems were resolved. Is it me who have a problem ? :mellow:

PS : Testing done several times with different USB sticks. 

Re: Installing new image #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 20 December 2014 - 15:32

You have give more details about what you're doing and what's the problem.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Installing new image #3 chafpa

• 197 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 20 December 2014 - 15:43

Installation starts and quickly VU SOLO appears on the decoder and the host of autumn picture on TV and I get stuck.

Unable to do something and there is no color wheel that appears.

Re: Installing new image #4 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,790 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 20 December 2014 - 15:59

Just out of thought, how long do you wait when you see the autumn picture and decide that it has stuck. It came take xx minutes before autoinstall completes, if you have installed lots of applications. In my case, I have only installed 1 application, it takes about 3 minutes before autoinstall finishes.

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: Installing new image #5 chafpa

• 197 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 20 December 2014 - 16:11

So I'll start again and wait longer.

I will come to you if I fail.

Re: Installing new image #6 Stan

• 312 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 December 2014 - 16:18

chafpa, on 20 Dec 2014 - 16:11, said:

I will come to you if I fail.

:lol:

Re: Installing new image #7 Teesi

• 23 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 December 2014 - 16:33

I also had the same (?) problem, and was forced to return to a week old image. My Ultimo could not see the internal hard drives content, and without that nothing worked. I tried file system check, but it newer finished (the drive stopped spinning).

I tried -vuultimo-20141220 and 20141219 images (bad), then returned to 20141213 which does work fine.  

Support for filesystem missing from the new kernel?

I am using a GigaBlue UHD UE 4k

Re: Installing new image #8 pilnikov

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 December 2014 - 16:44

I also had the same (?) problem. HDD not worked property. External usb dvb t stick still not worked. I have a vu + uno/ image 12.19 & 12.20 is bad

Edited by pilnikov, 20 December 2014 - 16:46.

Re: Installing new image #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 20 December 2014 - 16:54

It's not missing, but it's optional now. To be precise, ext4 support and cifs support. We've had similar reports in the Dutch forum and I will try to replicate my explication here.

VU+ (which we now use the BSP layer from) have decided, for the receivers that have little memory (uno, solo, duo, ultimo), that some kernel features are not compiled into the kernel. But they can be installed afterwards (kernel module). The relevant modules are for cifs support and for ext4 support. Ext3 support is still available inside the kernel.

The quickest way to resolve it, is to use telnet or ssh, login into the receiver and type these commands, which will download and install the modules:

opkg update
opkg install kernel-module-cifs
opkg install kernel-module-ext4
init 6 # reboot

We're still looking into a way to fix this in a cleaner way.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Installing new image #10 chafpa

• 197 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 20 December 2014 - 17:23

Just out of thought, how long do you wait when you see the autumn picture and decide that it has stuck. It came take xx minutes before autoinstall completes, if you have installed lots of applications. In my case, I have only installed 1 application, it takes about 3 minutes before autoinstall finishes.

Well done. I waited 10 minutes. The decoder was paused. He had not restarted automatically.

I started at the remote control and the image of December 20 was installed.

Thank you for helping hand.
;)

Re: Installing new image #11 ovidijuslr

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 December 2014 - 17:28

Ok will try too after work and see how it goes ;)

Re: Installing new image #12 pilnikov

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:39

It's not missing, but it's optional now. To be precise, ext4 support and cifs support. We've had similar reports in the Dutch forum and I will try to replicate my explication here.

VU+ (which we now use the BSP layer from) have decided, for the receivers that have little memory (uno, solo, duo, ultimo), that some kernel features are not compiled into the kernel. But they can be installed afterwards (kernel module). The relevant modules are for cifs support and for ext4 support. Ext3 support is still available inside the kernel.

The quickest way to resolve it, is to use telnet or ssh, login into the receiver and type these commands, which will download and install the modules:

opkg update
opgk install kernel-module-ext4
init 6 # reboot

Thank you for supporting us foolish. After installation of the modules hard disk appeared, however, my external usb stick dvb-t rtl2832 based not operate properly. The system does not see him, and when you try to switch on the broadcasting channel produces a crash:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 46, in action
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ChannelSelection.py", line 2105, in cancel
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ChannelSelection.py", line 2111, in zapBack
ValueError: invalid null reference in method 'eServiceReference___ne__', argument 2 of type 'eServiceReference const &'
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method ActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.ActionMap instance at 0x16ccaa8>>,('OkCancelActions', 'cancel')) failed)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.sendAnonCrashlog failed !! (Typo??)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addNetwork failed !! (Typo??)
getResolvedKey config.plugins.crashlogautosubmit.addWlan failed !! (Typo??)

Re: Installing new image #13 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 21 December 2014 - 14:15

This may be the bug we just fixed (but I am not 100% sure). Try again tomorrow.

Re: Installing new image #14 delavega

• 377 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 21 December 2014 - 16:50

opkg update
opgk install kernel-module-ext4
init 6 # reboot

opgk install kernel-module-ext4 its "opkg" you made a mistake there

despite installing those, cifs share doesnt work on solo.

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ DUO 2</strong></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ SOLO</strong></span></span>

Re: Installing new image #15 delavega

• 377 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 21 December 2014 - 16:53

what a stupid idea from vu+ to remove it from the solo box

Edited by taboune, 21 December 2014 - 16:53.

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ DUO 2</strong></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"><strong>Vu+ SOLO</strong></span></span>

Re: Installing new image #16 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,790 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 21 December 2014 - 16:57

Did you reactivate the share?

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

Re: Installing new image #17 delavega

• 377 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 21 December 2014 - 17:01

yes multiple times i even deleted and re created it

Re: Installing new image #18 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 21 December 2014 - 17:08

Restart?

Re: Installing new image #19 delavega

• 377 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 21 December 2014 - 17:12

yes rebooted at least 3 times

Re: Installing new image #20 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,790 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 21 December 2014 - 17:15

Just to be on the safe side both installations reported fine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users