• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #21 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,859 posts

+1,747
Excellent

Posted 8 January 2015 - 13:12

Thanks for the confirmation, that means we're on the right track.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #22 tappari

• 121 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 8 January 2015 - 13:23

Unfortunately the world doesn't work that way.

Perhaps it's an option to do this at runtime? i.e. have the mount manager attempt to create the cifs mount, and if it fails, retry with "sec=ntlm" added to the options if not present?

Yes, after adding "sec=ntlm" in Mount optiions of the GUI Mounts editor, networkshare from UNO to the DUO is working. After full reboot automatically mounting is resumeed. Thanks very much, perhaps it's most simply solution.

I don`t think this kind of manual mount can be a solution. Works ok, but have to be resolved with GUI.

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #23 rawig

• 19 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 January 2015 - 19:19

Just to make it clear, my useless is mounting a Windows Server share on both boxes.

I'm wondering, why it is working for my ET9500 but not for the ET4000. Are there really different Kernels? But no matter what the parameter "sec=ntlm" solved my problem.

Edited by rawig, 8 January 2015 - 19:22.

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #24 rawig

• 19 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 January 2015 - 19:21

Thanks.

Edited by rawig, 8 January 2015 - 19:22.

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #25 tappari

• 121 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 9 January 2015 - 08:55

Well, I have to thank you OpenPLi guys of the way to solve problems. I will donate the team today.

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #26 braunbär

• 83 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 19 January 2015 - 14:57

After reflashing from a late December Image of my Duo2, my new installation doesn't mount the old automounts.xml as well.

The solution from above dissolves the problem. Thanks a lot! ;-)

Vu+ Uno 4K SE and Duo2 @ OpenPLi 6.2

formerly: Vu+ Duo1 -> xTrend et9200 -> VU+ Solo2

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #27 zwintje

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 March 2015 - 18:09

Here same problem with vu duo;  rw,nolock,sec=ntlm fixed the problem.

Thanks 

Edwin

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #28 sonci

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:39

Here same problem with vu duo;  rw,nolock,sec=ntlm fixed the problem.

Thanks 

Edwin

Thanks, It worked for me too, I could see the drives in network browser, and mount them, but media player and recording couldn't see them,

OpenPli is GREAT, but I wonder what's the purpose of updating, the last time I updated crossepg stopped working, now another problem,

no more updates for me,

Thanks

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #29 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,859 posts

+1,747
Excellent

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:10

The problem with CrossEPG is the fact that we only have a binary, the author refuses to update the E2OpenPlugins repository so it doesn't get updated.

The reason CrossEPG has an issue is that some of the servers that provide the Rytec XMLTV files are down or out of sync. This has nothing to do with OpenPLi, CrossEPG (the version we have) is simply not smart enough to retry a different server).

Nobody forces you to update, if the box works fine for you, why would you? 

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #30 sonci

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 March 2015 - 15:49

The problem with CrossEPG is the fact that we only have a binary, the author refuses to update the E2OpenPlugins repository so it doesn't get updated.

The reason CrossEPG has an issue is that some of the servers that provide the Rytec XMLTV files are down or out of sync. This has nothing to do with OpenPLi, CrossEPG (the version we have) is simply not smart enough to retry a different server).

Nobody forces you to update, if the box works fine for you, why would you? 

I know about the update problem, but i was referring about smth else a bit older, I searched but I cannot find the thread, anyway that was corrected after applying some kind of patch,

I should start a new thread but my Vu solo has becoming very slow and often freeze when using media player, with no audio, can this be related to some update or smth else?

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #31 olive069

• 14 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 September 2015 - 15:20

I try to have a stable drives mount between my Solo2 oPli 4 and a Synology NAS. I want to bind the HDD NAS and 3 HDD USB but it's not stable. When i navigate into media explorer, i can't see all of the mounted drives.

Is there a more stable option than NFS mounting? Tx

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #32 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 25 September 2015 - 16:18

As far as I know the author has left the scene.
However; the version on https://github.com/o...plugin-CrossEPG has been developed further and works perfect; you're welcome to use it. And as it's a repos with all the sources, you can build from there.

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #33 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,859 posts

+1,747
Excellent

Posted 25 September 2015 - 16:42

Response on a 6 month old topic?

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #34 Mys3lf

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 October 2015 - 12:18

I have pretty much same issue. After I boot box it doesn't show my CIFS mounts, I have to use network option "Mount Again" and then it work. Can anyone extract that option from Network Menu "Mount Again" as a script so I can put it in /usr/script/ and bind it with hot key and run it directly thru some button rather than go in 4th or 5th menu to run "Mount Again" . It's "buried"  too deep and I have to press about 10 buttons to access that option.

h3Pr7YI.jpg?1

Also I tried scrip mount-media-hdd.sh from /usr/share but it didn't fix that. Only "Mount Again" fix it easily.

Edited by Mys3lf, 1 October 2015 - 12:20.

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #35 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,859 posts

+1,747
Excellent

Posted 1 October 2015 - 13:09

If you have permanent mounts, put them in /etc/fstab, that what's it's there for.

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #36 Mys3lf

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 October 2015 - 21:14

It's something specific, mounts are in automounts.xml and it occurs when I start PC and box, approximately, at same time, PC is up but box is still booting and when it's UP it can't see mounts and I have to use 'mount again' and it will work no matter of fstab. Also it will work every time on new enigma restart no matter of fstab.

I believe that "mount again" is script and it's somewhere in python and it could be extracted in .sh file and placed in /usr/script and then connect with hotkeys. This is very imortant to me so I shouldn't go everytime to that network setup that is so deep in menu.

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #37 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 2 October 2015 - 05:10

Obviously when the mount isn't available in the beginning of the boottime, the mount won't be found. Irrespective of the way of mounting.

But when using 'automounts' the mount should be set again, at the moment the mount is needed (e.g. for a recording (kind of auto-mount again)).

Re: Networkshare doesn't mount #38 Mys3lf

• 21 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 October 2015 - 11:42

It also occurs when PC is UP and I shoutdown box. On the next boot of box  it's still can't see mounts despite PC is up. Only solution for that is "Mount Again" option. I found that option is part of Network Browser and it can be found on /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/NetworkBrowser/. I tried to edit plugin.py from this

PluginDescriptor(name=_("Mount again"), description=_("Attempt to mount shares again"), where = PluginDescriptor.WHERE_NETWORKSETUP,

to

PluginDescriptor(name=_("Mount again"), description=_("Attempt to mount shares again"), where = PluginDescriptor.WHERE_PLUGINMENU,

and Mount Again appears as a Plugin in plugin menu. But when I start it green screen appears and enigma crashes.

Also I found out "Mount again" execute 'RemountCallFunction' so question is can that function be started from some script?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users