Signalfinder

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Re: Signalfinder #61 peterjo

• 73 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 3 October 2015 - 15:18

Abm scans NIT, SDT and BAT of the home channel transponder (as defined in the provider XML). For most providers it is enough to get the complete channel-list.

However there are providers (mostly the DVB-T providers) who only have service information of the channels broadcast on that transponder. Therefor you need to scan multiple transponders to get the complete channel-list. ABM has that kind of options.

We do a lot of DVB stream analysis to create a good working provider xml.

Using the so called 'hack' functionality in the XML you can e.g. strip transponders for a specific provider / transponder, without changing the source code of ABM.

I don't understand this part:"It is a pitty that it is a plugin instead of an improvement of the fastscan plugin..."? it's a pitty it is a plugin instead of another plugin?

Re: Signalfinder #62 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 3 October 2015 - 15:21

I suggest to stop this discussion. If all the effort spend on this thread would have gone in developing and/or adding it to the PLi-feeds all would be ready already.

If PLi doesn't want to offer ABM to their user it's fine with me. Those who want to use it will either find their own way to install it or they will divert to an image that does offer it on the feeds or embedded.

Re: Signalfinder #63 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,273 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 3 October 2015 - 15:51

If PLi doesn't want to offer ABM to their user it's fine with me.

->

This is not true.... We're happy to see someone can build an ipk, fork it etc... to get it running when it is not running...

I personally have only some doubts about the way it is build and how I think it might get better implemented...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Signalfinder #64 peterjo

• 73 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 3 October 2015 - 15:56

Good to hear. We are open for suggestions.

Please try it and tell us what you think about it.

Re: Signalfinder #65 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,273 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 3 October 2015 - 16:08

In fact it sounds easy.... Extant fastscan with the options.... so add the requird readers in fastscan.cpp. Or even consider to extand cablescan or add a comolete new additional reader(s). i understand it is not that easy... And as far I can see it requires also more coding in cpp...

And do not use xml files for the configs... In fact embed it in python is the same and makes the stuff less complicated.... (This is just my thoughts).

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Signalfinder #66 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 3 October 2015 - 16:09

If PLi doesn't want to offer ABM to their user it's fine with me.

->

This is not true.... We're happy to see someone can build an ipk, fork it etc... to get it running when it is not running...

Oh? The sources are there; you only need to create a bitbake file that fits your system. Should be less then 5 minutes for you.

And Peter has tested the ipk on PLi and as he said: it works fine.

Re: Signalfinder #67 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 3 October 2015 - 16:10

Littlesat, you still haven't answered my point. How is a plugin a plugin if part of the code is embeded in the enigma2 binary? In the case of Fastscan and Cablescan that code is added to engima2 but only used by Fastscan/Cablescan. What is the point in that? How is the plugin portable.

Re: Signalfinder #68 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 3 October 2015 - 16:16

do not use xml files for the configs... In fact embed it in python is the same and makes the stuff less complicated.... (This is just my thoughts).

We'll will have to agree to differ. This is exactly how not to do it. Embedding configs within code is clearly wrong and also makes it off limits for the typical user to be able to make their own configs. 

If this were the "correct" way to do things why does PLi have a satellites.xml? Why not just hard code that in the .py or CPP files?

Edited by Huevos, 3 October 2015 - 16:20.

Re: Signalfinder #69 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,273 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 3 October 2015 - 17:27

I'm afraad you really do not understand. For abm in tact the provider parameters are not a config at all. In fact these are not user configable. They are in fact frozen. I agree it is in à gray area, but when I made it I put iT embeded in THE code As iT leeps stuff easier and streamlined. And inderdeed I would like to promote it to be embeded in enigma2 The plug-in is valutable enough!

Re: Signalfinder #70 peterjo

• 73 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 3 October 2015 - 17:47

I must agree with Huevos.

The XML files makes it more flexibel.

E.g there are users making their own provider XML, because they don't want the official channel-list, but they do want the advantage of ABM.

Also there are users trying to make an provider XML for their provider (e.g. Australian) and post it, so we can merge it with the rest.

When we want to add a new provider, we only have to sent the XML to a tester, without changing to code.

When we had embedded all the provider code into the plugin, we weren't as far as we now are.

Re: Signalfinder #71 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,273 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 3 October 2015 - 17:55

XML does not make iT more flexible. IT makes iT more complicated and unnessesary complicated.

Re: Signalfinder #72 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 3 October 2015 - 19:17

XML does not make iT more flexible. IT makes iT more complicated and unnessesary complicated.

There's a lot more to the XML files than just the scan transponder. And yes they are user configurable.

Re: Signalfinder #73 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,273 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 3 October 2015 - 21:58

No user can add via the userinterface stuff to the xml... So nothing is user configurable.... Someone can add stuff manually.... ;)

But this is just about tasts and meaning,... i think it is smart to keep the code as simple as possible... :) xml makes it not more flexible... It makes it more complicated... But for those who understand xml and don't understand python are indeed capable of adding providers if they are compatible... :)

For satellite.xml I also think it is not really required... but this is still something that is dynamic... So i can understand to make this a bit more complicated.... But still actually we do not need the transponder session in lamedb as we already should have transponders in the satellites.xml... Uuuuh.... i think that it would be a better choice to make the complete settings and userbouquets in xml... But the history chooses lamedb here.... And the userbouquets... A non standard format... And even a more complicated database is used...

But we never change this.... Just like the xml of Abm... It is what it is and the creators make their own 'good' choise

http://forums.openpl...te-282-e/page-2 Here is a thread about an abm that should work on openpli... So who worries..

And to remove (13) or (28) or so from the fastscan in the service name alternativaly you can also use .endswith() to check it...

Edited by littlesat, 3 October 2015 - 23:34.

Re: Signalfinder #74 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 4 October 2015 - 08:56

Littlesat, that is not the plugin we are takking about. That plugin just does 28 east and is dependent on OpenWebIF.

Re: Signalfinder #75 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 4 October 2015 - 13:17

I noticed that we completely left the subject of simply adding ABM to the PLi-feeds, which would make many users happy. The sources are awaiting PLi....

Any (possible) assistance in improving the plugin can be considered separately (and hopefully with more arguments then I've seen so far).

Edited by Rob van der Does, 4 October 2015 - 13:17.

Re: Signalfinder #76 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 4 October 2015 - 17:58

I was under the impression this topic was about a plugin called "Signalfinder"?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Signalfinder #77 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 4 October 2015 - 20:16

I was under the impression this topic was about a plugin called "Signalfinder"?

Sorry Erik, it just evolved. Should we start another thread then? Or would one of the moderators be good enough to split this one?

Re: Signalfinder #78 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,020 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 5 March 2016 - 19:58

ver. 1.1

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Signalfinder #79 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 6 March 2016 - 13:26

Dimitrij, what has been changed / improved?

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Signalfinder #80 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,020 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 6 March 2016 - 17:30

Dimitrij, what has been changed / improved?

add 16APSK/32APSK

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users