MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #21 olive069

• 14 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 March 2015 - 19:10

+1

I have the same decoding problem with media player or any plugin using video decoding. Any solution from devs?

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #22 vidovitishaban

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:04

same problem on vu duo2 and zero.waiting for solution...

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #23 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:15

reflash...

http://forums.openpl...ndpost&p=482331

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #24 ian1095

• 462 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2015 - 15:32

This is a joke !

Pli is becoming like BH

Ive had to reflash 4 times now in as many months.

Ian.

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #25 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2015 - 15:34

Nobody told you to upgrade. Stop complaining.

We're very busy pulling VU+ into the 21st century, and that requires a lot of structural changes at the core of the image.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #26 Firex

• 199 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2015 - 16:46

@ian1095:

I really didn`t unterstand your problem: reflash takes incl. individual adjustments just round half an hour or if you don`t want, use a backup and don`t update or use a other Image! 

@WanWizard: +1 

Thank`s to Open PLi Team for your hard work and keep it up and do not be annoyed by these stupid comments ...

Regards

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #27 olive069

• 14 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 March 2015 - 18:14

Thanks! It works again.

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #28 ian1095

• 462 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2015 - 19:09

@ian1095:

I really didn`t unterstand your problem: reflash takes incl. individual adjustments just round half an hour or if you don`t want, use a backup and don`t update or use a other Image! 

@WanWizard: +1 

Thank`s to Open PLi Team for your hard work and keep it up and do not be annoyed by these stupid comments ...

Regards

its easy to suck up,its not as easy to voice a legitmate complaint.

The last few times,like you I just took it on the chin,and I think I even posted a comment similar to yours stating that its not a great hardship in reflashing.

But I also look after a few friends boxes for them because they are not well versed in these matters,so i have to do their boxes too and thats a pain when they dont live close by.

One of the main reasons I put Pli on their boxes was because it was quite future proof in the update department,and the online update always did the job,unlike Blackhole,and I wouldnt have to keep traveling to my friends to update for them.

Such is life I suppose,but I just think 4 times in 4 months is excessive.

Ian.

Edited by ian1095, 24 March 2015 - 19:10.

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #29 metoo

• 1,573 posts

+33
Good

Posted 24 March 2015 - 19:49

don't let your friends update then

ET10000 C C C C/T  2TB HDD ET7000 + ET6000 dvb-S  OpenPli Triax 88 multifeed quad LNBs VU Uno4K SE C+2TB HDD Mutant HD60

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #30 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2015 - 19:50

Wise words ;)

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #31 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2015 - 20:06

The OpenPLi team would like to point out that upgrading to the latest nightly build comes not only with the latest features, but also with some risks. After the update, it is possible that your device no longer works as expected. We recommend you create backups with Autobackup or Backupsuite. This allows you to quickly and easily restore your device to its previous state, should you experience any problems. If you encounter a 'bug', please report the issue on www.openpli.org.

Do you understand this?

well, more and more I think that maybe to remove the option that allows you to permanently skip this warning message at software update wouldn't be the worst idea /?/

(it'd save some time for futile explaining the same, over and over again, for those with apparently not that good memory... ;))

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #32 ian1095

• 462 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2015 - 20:43

Your missing the point.

The problem is about not being able to update using the online update proceedure.

The problem is not about using the latest beta image that comes with the risks of using an untested beta.We all know these risks and when a fault is found we post about them and the Pli team do their best to fix them.

Its still a beta image even after its been flashed,so the risks about using it are not the issue here.Its the failure of the online update to give the user the exact same image as whats uploaded everyday for users to flash.

The warning message above about using the latest image is irrelevant,because the same latest nightly bulid is whats downloaded and flashed.

I repeat,its the inability of the online update to give the user the same working image as the one thats uploaded daily thats the issue here,not the content or correct working of said image.

Edited by ian1095, 24 March 2015 - 20:44.

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #33 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 24 March 2015 - 20:52

@ian1095

Do you have a solution on how to do it than?

There are updates because the Openpli team isn't sitting still.

Those updates must be installed on the boxes of your friends.

How to do that without flashing,if flashing is the only way to do it?

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #34 ian1095

• 462 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2015 - 21:13

Ok then

If a flash is the only way to obtain the latest updates,as they cannot be installed using the latest online update,the the online update should be disabled until a time when it will update the box again without breaking the image,and be replaced with a message stating that this particular update requires a reflash.

Then the user can choose if he wishes to reflash and carry on having the very latest Pli,or not,and carry on using his present image,thats still working.

If a particular update is 100% incompatable with online updating and requires a reflash,why still allow the user to update this way ?

If Its different than normal update this should be reflected by the warning message which as stated above should say this time you need to flash.

Edited by ian1095, 24 March 2015 - 21:15.

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #35 ian1095

• 462 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2015 - 21:26

Sorry I did a poor job of trying to explain what I mean and the site wont let me edit it.

Let me try again.

The original poster stated that the latest online update broke mediaplayer.

A member of the Pli team responded by saying that he needs to flash the latest updates rather than add them online.

So the conclusion is that this state of affairs was already known by the Pli team,so why allow users to add this update online,when its known that doing so will break his existing image and cause the need for a reflash.

Instead a warning should have been placed stating that this particular update cannot be applied online and a reflash is required.

That way no one breaks their existing image.

Edited by ian1095, 24 March 2015 - 21:28.

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #36 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,395 posts

+394
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2015 - 21:33

I think that people that aren't able to flash a box themselves shouldn't use a Linux based STB. The only reason for using a Linux based STB is in many cases CS. In case they broke the box they haven't properly read the warning.

On the other hand. How difficult is it to flash a box again in combination with the autobackup option. For many brands it is possible to flash an image and put a backup on that stick. Depending the box, place a good backup on a stick and create a PDF in which you explain how to put an image on that stick and afterwards how to flash that image. A kind of 'flashing for dummies'. :) It's really a piece of cake as you undoubtedly know. In my situation I managed to help several basic users, so they can flash a new image themselves. Their knowledge-level of Linux is absolutely less then zero. ;)

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #37 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 24 March 2015 - 21:42

Sorry I did a poor job of trying to explain what I mean and the site wont let me edit it.

Let me try again.

The original poster stated that the latest online update broke mediaplayer.

A member of the Pli team responded by saying that he needs to flash the latest updates rather than add them online.

So the conclusion is that this state of affairs was already known by the Pli team,so why allow users to add this update online,when its known that doing so will break his existing image and cause the need for a reflash.

Instead a warning should have been placed stating that this particular update cannot be applied online and a reflash is required.

That way no one breaks their existing image.

Well, although i do agree a bit with you ,i don't think it's that easy.

Betacentauri told to flash but erik said something else ,and he is really a Pli member and didn't knew flashing was the best thing to do at that time.

There is one thing i always remember ,and that is that we are the testers.

ps  I also agree with Frenske that it's not that hard to learn to flash a box.

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #38 sonci

• 26 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 March 2015 - 18:54

Nobody told you to upgrade. Stop complaining.

We're very busy pulling VU+ into the 21st century, and that requires a lot of structural changes at the core of the image.

Just look at the threads, most of people complaining are just after update,

and honestly I don`t see any essential feature in latest images that was not in OPli 3.0,

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #39 metoo

• 1,573 posts

+33
Good

Posted 26 March 2015 - 19:00

well why do you make an update then?

ET10000 C C C C/T  2TB HDD ET7000 + ET6000 dvb-S  OpenPli Triax 88 multifeed quad LNBs VU Uno4K SE C+2TB HDD Mutant HD60

Re: MediaPlayer Broken after latest PLi Update VU Solo2 #40 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 26 March 2015 - 19:02

Right on spot :)

I'd like to add that sometimes we need to make changes with large impact that don't have an immediate advantage, but are simply paving the way for future extensions.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users