CA Module CI+ Vu+ ?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Re: CA Module CI+ Vu+ ? #41 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:07

Authentication process is there, it is just not displayed in menu. It is authentication process that creates auth.dat

For me, the CAM menu is shown for both CI and CI+ enigma2 versions. I have switched the CAM menus in English language, don't know if it is related.

Re: CA Module CI+ Vu+ ? #42 shilev

• 127 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:13

I can't switch it because i can't access it ;)
But in open pli and in openatv from 20.4. I can access it and it's in croatian.
So, you can't watch one and record another channel from same transporter on duo2?
Can you pls check this and cam menu access on your solo2 when you will able to?

Edited by shilev, 24 April 2015 - 10:14.

Re: CA Module CI+ Vu+ ? #43 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 24 April 2015 - 16:25

After further investigation, OpenATV enigma2 build command - as it is shown in package description - has the following patch + library.

Source: git://github.com/openatv/enigma2.git;protocol=git file://0001-ciplus-vu-hack.patch file://libenigma_dvb_cix.a

Both 0001-ciplus-vu-hack.patch and libenigma_dvb.cix.a cannot be found anywhere.

I also think that distributing a binary of a GPLv2 project, statically linked with a library that is closed source, is against the GPL and thus illegal.

https://www.gnu.org/...ncompatibleLibs

I doubt this will ever be included in OpenPLi. It is against GPL, it is a binary only library linked with GPL code - and I doubt this library is legitimate - most probably it contains keys not signed for VU+ hardware.

Re: CA Module CI+ Vu+ ? #44 shilev

• 127 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 27 April 2015 - 19:16

Ok, after some testings on openatv 5.0 here are some conclusions for CI+ and vu+ solo2. It is CI+ with some bugs. There' s no CI messages at all and CI assignement doesn't work properly. I have max tv cam caid 1830, the same as HD+. And when i go to some channel from HD+ picture freezes, my module try to decode even if CI assignment is done properly. Malakudi could you try CI messages on solo2. Try kreator tv or max gp channels for example, they are bonus channels. Thnx

Re: CA Module CI+ Vu+ ? #45 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 28 April 2015 - 16:05

I installed previous OpenATV that doesn't have the CI+ library. With that at least I can view a program and record another on the same transponder. CI menu is shown fine on this image, both on Solo2 and Duo2.

Sometimes the CI starts producing errors, then I have to switch channel back and forth to make it work again. Don't know why this is happening.

Re: CA Module CI+ Vu+ ? #46 shilev

• 127 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:23

on VTI CI+ works great but i refuse to use it because developers are very arogant people......

so PLi will not support CI+ because it's illegal?

Edited by shilev, 30 April 2015 - 11:23.

Re: CA Module CI+ Vu+ ? #47 oszi

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 April 2015 - 13:44

so PLi will not support CI+ because it's illegal?

I think CI+ function isn't more illegal than CCcam or other softcams.

Edited by oszi, 30 April 2015 - 13:45.

Re: CA Module CI+ Vu+ ? #48 shilev

• 127 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 30 April 2015 - 13:56

yes, but PLi doesn't supply images with preinstalled softcams.

but CI+ would be preinstalled. unless it can be some kind of separate plugin

Re: CA Module CI+ Vu+ ? #49 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,604 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 30 April 2015 - 16:21

CI+ requires a certificate issued to a manufacturer. No manfacturer of open source driven hardware will ever receive such a certificate.

If the manufacturer has a valid certificate, they can include CI+ support in their BSP layer, together with the drivers. If it is a "stolen" certificate, I don't think OpenPLi should be associated with using it.

What you install is your business, so if some manufacturer silently "leaks" something that provides CI+ support and you can install, I guess you can get yourself some CI+ support. Like you can install a softcam.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: CA Module CI+ Vu+ ? #50 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 30 April 2015 - 18:41

Enigma2 is gpl.... And this solution binds a closed source binary directly into the enigma2 binary and as far I understand this is not allowed by the gpl licences of enigma2.... This is approx the same issue as dmm has with tuxtxt...

We are simply not allowed to use the currently given patches on enigma2 and our bsp layer does also not allow patches to enigma2.

When I'm right all images that accept this patch are voilating the enigma2's gpl licence....

I suggest when a manufacturer wants to support is they should but it in the drivers.... As far I understand hd2400 is doing this....

Edited by littlesat, 30 April 2015 - 18:44.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: CA Module CI+ Vu+ ? #51 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 30 April 2015 - 19:00

Another way to overcome this limitation would be to link with a dummy library doing nothing, not statically but dynamic linking, then provide a 3rd party plugin that does LD_PRELOAD. Also a bad hack, but at least the distributed enigma2 binary would not violate GPL.

Those files (a diff file for enigma2 and a statically linked library .a) are not even available anywhere to at least allow someone to build his own enigma2 binary. The GPL violation is on distributing the binary, not compiling one for your own use.

Of course there is also the case about the legality of those patches. I doubt VU+ got a CI+ certificate/license to use on enigma2 the way they do.

Edited by malakudi, 30 April 2015 - 19:02.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users