23 replies to this topic

#1 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2015 - 15:42

Hi,

Is there a way in the standard OpenPLi movieplayer to have the movie cover displayable?
I mean an option that can generate some kind of thumbnails or have the cover display in "full screen" with a scrolling left-right or up-down between the different movies folders to select the movie to play?

Since now the box are more powerful than before I guess it is now possible to have such feature build-in in the mediaplayer.

Or if it is exist which name should I give to the covers / posters and which image extension to use?

Thanks,

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #2 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 27 April 2015 - 20:07

http://forums.openpl...mdb#entry297753

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2015 - 20:55

Thanks for the link but my question is rather, any plan to add cover feature support "by default" in OpenPLi.

Just when I place myself a poster that I want to see displayed in the folder with a movie.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #4 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,229 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2015 - 21:19

When someone offer us a good clear and clean patch... Or when one of us reserved time for it.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #5 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,621 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:27

And where you want display it ? Instead PIG, instead EPG info ?!

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #6 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:22

I discovered thanks to Meega the plugin  "tmdb" and it display the poster on top of the PIG (we still saw part of the big below the poster) and this is indeed the "only" possible place to display and it is a good one.

I think that the good start point for this is continue do develop the tmdb plugin and have it in standard included in the mediaplayer because it goes further since it download the summaries of the movies too and in different languages.

Edited by Pr2, 28 April 2015 - 10:23.

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #7 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,229 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:33

Or display it below the PIG.... As usually you only display it for mkv avi etc.... Then the text below the PIG is not that important (it is almost written twice...)

It could be relativaly simpel code as you named a .png the same as the .mkv

Edited by littlesat, 28 April 2015 - 10:34.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #8 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,621 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:11

this feature only optionaly (Yes/No)... do not know, for what is poster so much important ... it will be next slowdown e2 ...

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #9 deusex

• 24 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:34

I would rather have a smooth experience than movie covers and slowdowns.

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #10 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:22

Yes but if you have a fast box this is no a problem and if it is configurable this won't slow down your box.

Below the PiG is not the best place since thanks to tmdb you will also have the summary of the movies displayed there since you can update the metadata of the file, so quite handy to have the summary too there for .avi / .mkv ...

But indeed my initial request was just to be able to place a .png or .jpg with the same name as the file to have it display.

Why this?

Because it is more user friendely and when you have small children they can more easily retrieve themselves the movie that they want just by selecting the picture and pressing OK to launch it.

Pr2

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #11 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 29 April 2015 - 14:41

A nice implementation would be to mark the offset and size of a "key" frame in the stream (e.g. where it shows the movie title on screen). This could be displayed by just sending that frame to the decoder. This would cost only very limited CPU as you won't need to decode anything, the hardware will do that for you, and this can be done for any recording, by default it could just show the frame at the last played position. It also prevents yet another meta-file from being added to this already long list of extra files added to each recording.

Edited by MiLo, 29 April 2015 - 14:42.

Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #12 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 29 April 2015 - 15:33

Displaying the title of the movie is quite useless since we normally already have it in the filename... so I don't care to have just the title displayed as an image. The posters approach with an external file is better.

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #13 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,229 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 29 April 2015 - 16:17

An even more better apllication would be having an addin so you will have xmbc inside enigma2.... And also use opengl on goxes that do support it....

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #14 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 29 April 2015 - 19:23

I am not talking of Xbmc here... if I want to use Xmbc then I use my Raspberry Pi v2.

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #15 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 29 April 2015 - 19:41

An even more better apllication would be having an addin so you will have xmbc inside enigma2.... And also use opengl on goxes that do support it....

VU made a rather nice contribution in that area for the new generation boxes. It runs well, and many users are very enthusiast about it, but it's not my cup of tea. Anyway: free to try.

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #16 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,229 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 29 April 2015 - 22:05

It does only add animations how screens disappear and appear on yoir screen... Indeed not really added value. In fact it only slows down stuff....

But why invest here... I think someone can better port xmbc or so as plugin.... Why invent he wheel twice?

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #17 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:32

.... I think someone can better port xmbc or so as plugin.... ...

That's what VU has done.

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #18 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:12

.... I think someone can better port xmbc or so as plugin.... ...

That's what VU has done.

Have you ever tried VU's XMBC? In BH & VTi it's embedded in the image by default (horrible IMHO, as the image size is now huge), and the OE-A based images have it available as plugin.

It works surprisingly well, and many like it very much as media player.

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #19 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,229 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:38

I will never try it because iit seems ro be closed source, not following any licences at all, which makes it really wurthless for the open source community... and in this case this licence vailation is valid not only for enigma2, but also for xbmc.

Let me guess.... It is running under vu only,... I think this is really bad and illegal!!! Xbmc is just like enigma2, openpli etc.... an opensource gpl environment as far I know.... Strange that aooen source minded community like oe-a adapt it to their feeds? (The same as for adding a closed source binary to enigma2).

In case I make a mistake and vu put the sources somewhere, then notify me were they are and then I have to offor appolagies (at least I could not find it).

It gets time that really someone makes this good and open source.... but it is an investment of a lot time for someone... And remember at least I know for myself that I do not get payed for this to happen...

Edited by littlesat, 30 April 2015 - 06:53.

Re: Mediaplayer display movie posters or covers #20 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:17

Hmm, if that is indeed closed source that would be very bad.

Anyway: I'm not using it as I'm pretty happy with the default media player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users