Boot web interface not available anymore

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 doppiaemme

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 May 2015 - 21:01

Hi, 

I've managed to flash the latest code a few days ago on my DM-500HD.

However, today I wanted to re-flash another time and I cannot manage to open up the web interface at bootime anymore.

Pushing and holding the front button and switching on the box doesn't seem to work anymore. After a few seconds the LED flashes green but the screen is always black.

Any hints? I'm stuck now, the box works and it boots up fine but I cannot manage to flash it anymore via the webinterface.

I've never had this issue before and I flashed different images many times in the past.

thanks

Re: Boot web interface not available anymore #2 doppiaemme

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 May 2015 - 21:19

UPDATE:

apparently the box got an IP address, I've seen that on the DHCP server and I've managed to access the web interface.

So the issue is not the "DOS-like" black&green page doesn't show up.

any idea?

Re: Boot web interface not available anymore #3 goldeneye

• 1,030 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 20 May 2015 - 13:21

This is a known bug when using OpenPli 4.0. I had the same 'problem' and it could be replicated at will. The exact reason is not known to me but *seems* to be the altered bootloader #84 that comes with each flash. I changed to the official Dream image and the default *STOP* mode behaves as normal (giving the Green/Black info screen on the TV). Tried OpenPli 4.0 again and again no info on the TV screen. Reverted back to OE2.0 and again the Info screen was back.. So it's definately something in OpenPli 4.0.

On the lighter side.. Time to trash the DM500-HD for something better/faster. Nowadays you can buy a 751Mhz or 1300Mhz STB for under 180 Euros. That's about half the price of our DM-500HD and 2 to 4 times faster with lots more memory and running beautifully with OpenPli 4.0

Re: Boot web interface not available anymore #4 doppiaemme

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:22

This is a known bug when using OpenPli 4.0. I had the same 'problem' and it could be replicated at will. The exact reason is not known to me but *seems* to be the altered bootloader #84 that comes with each flash. I changed to the official Dream image and the default *STOP* mode behaves as normal (giving the Green/Black info screen on the TV). Tried OpenPli 4.0 again and again no info on the TV screen. Reverted back to OE2.0 and again the Info screen was back.. So it's definately something in OpenPli 4.0.

On the lighter side.. Time to trash the DM500-HD for something better/faster. Nowadays you can buy a 751Mhz or 1300Mhz STB for under 180 Euros. That's about half the price of our DM-500HD and 2 to 4 times faster with lots more memory and running beautifully with OpenPli 4.0

that's fair enough, as long it's a known issue and the workaround is now clear I'm happy with that.

It's a matter of finding out the allocated IP address from the DHCP lease table rather than on the screen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users