Subtiles (?) problem on Solo2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tomseek

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 June 2015 - 19:38

Hi there

I notice on my Vu+ Solo 2 (running OpenPLI 4.0, kernel 3.13.5, last update 2015.06.21) problem with all media files when I'm try play them with SRT subtitles (mp4,avi)

It looks like on the first start mp4 file 25 - 28s freezes box, you can actually see spinner. After that movie plays normally but when you try to skip few second, spinner running again.

Same file (movie) plays normally without SRT file in folder, that is way I'm thinking that problem is with subtitles.

Can somebody confirm that?? Hope that can be fix somehow.

I also check older version Image from may 2014 and on that software box play all my movies OK

Thanks

Re: Subtiles (?) problem on Solo2 #2 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:14

Yes there is something wrong with srt subtitles. (I'm well working with gstreamer 1.5.1 version)

By mkv movie what sometimes happens(only if movie was started when there was already a play position movie half-way for example) ,

Is that subtittle is trying to start without known segment.

It result in :  here on the vuduo2 as example. (error log)

Further search on it (I modified the gstsubsink for test by adding event and play state capture),

That in some cases flush start stop is done but not followed by a segment after a flush a segment must be send before any other action with gstreamer.

By mkv container movie it only happens when movie is played partially and it does not always happens.

Attached Files

Re: Subtiles (?) problem on Solo2 #3 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:28

Here extra logs with more details.

Done on vuduo2 with gstreamer-1.5.1.

Sometimes resume a movie works fine other times we have the errors as shown in log.

Attached Files

Re: Subtiles (?) problem on Solo2 #4 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:09

Further investigations showed that problem is only if external subtitles are used.

With internal subtitles all is ok  with gstreamer 1.5.1.

Edited by christophecvr, 24 June 2015 - 08:09.

Re: Subtiles (?) problem on Solo2 #5 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 June 2015 - 14:10

tomseek very probably needs to reflash and it's solved.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users