Need a video to calibrate audio delay

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 17 July 2015 - 21:56

Does someone perhaps have a short piece of video with a very sudden movement accompanied with an impulsive sound? For example, a ball or other object that is bouncing off or something similar to that. As long as the video allows to identify the moment at which the sound should be heard. The sound itself should be impulsive, a bang a splash a hit, anything that is tied to a precise moment in the video.

We have a nice plugin to set the audio delay but I am looking for something like this to calibrate the global delay on my installation with an audio amplifier separate from the tv unit.

Edited by rhinoceros, 17 July 2015 - 21:59.

"Het enige wat we leren van de geschiedenis is dat we niets leren van geschiedenis.", Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, 1831

Re: Need a video to calibrate audio delay #2 Sjaaky

• 7,443 posts

+41
Good

Posted 17 July 2015 - 22:56

Early in the morning (before 6 or 7 am) the BBC used to broadcast such a video on bbc one, one hd, two or two hd  (don't remember exactly which channel, but it was one of the main ones).

Re: Need a video to calibrate audio delay #3 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:42

BBC HD. I guess it's now on BBC One HD. Indeed the exact solution, it even has a scale with "audio late" and "video late".

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Need a video to calibrate audio delay #4 Jan Gruuthuse

• 985 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:55

youtube: BBC HD audio sync test

Sf8HD, sf8008, OpenPli 9.0, fixed lnb 28.2E, 19.2E

Re: Need a video to calibrate audio delay #5 rhinoceros

• 569 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 19 July 2015 - 15:30

Found it ! Thanks all for your reactions. It seems my global delay is really 0 msec. My tv and external amplifier deliver exactly the same delay. Perfect for me. I am happy with that.

"Het enige wat we leren van de geschiedenis is dat we niets leren van geschiedenis.", Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel, 1831

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users