remote control for media in my hdd

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 euromb

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 July 2015 - 20:34

Hi,
honestly i tried to search a lot but wasnt lucky with finding this feature. Please, could you help me and advise me if it is possible or what is the easiest way to do this..
I have xtrend et7000 with openpli OS.
I want to play music that is located on the hdd connected to my xtrend device, but i dont want to start TV or use standard remote control for xtrend. I would like to run the music from computer or some android device that are on the same network..

It is possible to do some remote control from web interface but i dont see that any options for media on my hdd.

Could you help me please?
Thanks
Mike

Edited by Frenske, 27 July 2015 - 20:39.
I moved your topic to the English end user section.

Re: remote control for media in my hdd #2 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:46

Hi,

install/activate an uPnP/DLNA server and each uPnP-/DLNA-Player should see the music on your box. MiniDLNA or Mediatomb are 2 of these servers.

ciao

Re: remote control for media in my hdd #3 euromb

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 July 2015 - 15:34

The thing is that i dont want to stream media through my lan network... but I want my xtrend stb to play it, since its output is connected to av receiver.  Therefore i would like to play music on my xtrend without turning on the TV.

Is it possible to control playing media on my xtrend from application on lan network .. ?

It is very similar functionality as Open Webif already have. I can switch channels, turn on off device, change volume settings... there is just missing functionality for media located on usb ...

Edited by euromb, 28 July 2015 - 15:34.

Re: remote control for media in my hdd #4 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:38

It is very similar functionality as Open Webif already have. I can switch channels, turn on off device, change volume settings....

In the WEB-IF you can use the full-remote to control the box completely. So you can simply playback any file you want, as if you were sitting in front of the TV.

It there is just missing functionality for media located on usb ...

If you mean the playback functionality of the WEB-IF (under 'recordings'): just add a bookmark to the USB-device (under recording locations).
Or even more simple: in the header of the recordings you can navigate to all devices and directories.

Edited by Rob van der Does, 29 July 2015 - 04:39.

Re: remote control for media in my hdd #5 euromb

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 July 2015 - 16:09

ok, it is possible to play music / video through open web if, but it is not  very practical.

Do i need to play every song alone ? i miss there option, "play all"  in folder ... i miss options like skip by xy minutes, seconds in  media file. Is there any a bit more complex solution for remote control of media files located on stb?

Besides that, is there any option to play e.g. youtube clips through webif or similar interface ?

Re: remote control for media in my hdd #6 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 30 July 2015 - 16:59

ok, it is possible to play music / video through open web if, but it is not  very practical.

I didn't mean through the WEB-IF, but using the WEB-IF-RC.

Do i need to play every song alone ? i miss there option, "play all" in folder ...

Depending on the settings in the context menu of the movielist all songs in a folder will be played, or just a single song.

Besides that, is there any option to play e.g. youtube clips through webif or similar interface ?

Yes, via the same WEB-IF-RC.

Re: remote control for media in my hdd #7 euromb

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 July 2015 - 17:24

sorry but i really dont know what you mean by web-if-rc.  If it is recordings, i can not find any recordings options in web if. Here is list of my options from left panel in openwebif

Main

Television
    Radio
    TV Multi EPG

Volume Control

Volume:
Box Control

Power Control
    Grab Screenshot
    Send a Message
    Timers

Remote
(shift + click for long pressure)

Grab Screenshot
    Show full remote

Infos

Box Info
    O Dreamboxe

Stream

Movies
    zap before Stream

Extras

Settings
    BouquetEditor
    EPGRefresh

Epg Search 

could you please give me some hint where to search?

Re: remote control for media in my hdd #8 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 30 July 2015 - 21:30

The WEB-IF has a complete Remote Control (mentioned above in your list)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users