Fast STB's runtime isues by dvd.iso and other media's

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 5 August 2015 - 13:40

Its now quit a while i'm bussy with a very severe issue which we have on fast stb's such like vuduo2 or solo2, and ... in future this list will become bigger.

This issue is runtime errors caused by enigma2. One off the most problematic issues is playing dvd.iso files by dvd's which are pure like the original dvd , which means no shrink no reathoring. But strictly a dvd ripped with full dvd menus and the menu structure protection kept. 

But You can see that on solo2 or vuduo2 there are more media and sometimes strange issues. Which cause the box to go into segfault or even worse complete deadlock loop. By this last only power off(by switch at the back or removing the power) can by used to solve. Unless You are familiar with telnet (or ssh) and now how to use killall command.

I'm now in discusion with mirakels and littlesat about the issues. But we can't agree on the cause. 

p.s. this issue is living his own completely unpredictable life. And users are hit by it at the most expected times. yes it's really a p.i.s.

What I well now found out that somehow there is a relation to the use off eTimer into py modules. That is 100 % shure however mirakels and littlesat said it can't. practice proof that there is a relation to it.

which is the relation or mostlikely its a combination off use from etimer and somthing else.

Normally for a fast box such timers are not needed at all. If they are there it's a remainder off old days for very slow boxes. On the fast they just will cause bugs.

They are almost used as a hack (even a dirthy hack) for some other problems.

The nightmare off this all is that some issues Will only happen when you run the box in standard mode (init 3). From the moment You do a debug mode problems do not occur or can't be reproduced.

For users who update the vuduo2 and solo2 to the latest images and are dvd.iso file users they where hit before with segfault sometimes by starting a dvd enigma2 crash enigma2 restarted automatically. And when they retried it mostly worked out. Now they will not face a segfault anymore but a complete deadlock off stb with sandkeeper. After they set power off then on , restart the dvd they will be hit again with the deadlock. and ....

Well I do have one typ :

When You start a dvd.iso press ok and ok. (not a double click but ok (1second) ok) Then You wan't enter the deadlock. Minumum not a double ok but maximum 1 second in between.

It's clear that this is not a good thing.

Why this all happen :

1) It could be a stb's dvd driver issue always possible but to my opinion very unlikely.

2) The use off etimers in enigma2  Perhaps required on some old and slow boxes also used on more places as a work around and hack in enigma2.

I'm so what shure that by the fast boxes such as vuduo2 or solo2 the use off etimer is out off bound and the main cause to unstable behaviour.

But it will require real python enigma2 experts which are also c++ experts and very familiar with swig interface developpers. To find the cause.

Re: Fast STB's runtime isues by dvd.iso and other media's #2 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 5 August 2015 - 18:01

Would be interesting whether it's possible to reproduce on non VU+ boxes like Xtrend, Mutant and so on.

How can I reproduce the problem? Is there somewhere an ISO file which I can use? Can I use every DVD ISO file? Can you provide an ISO(via PM)?

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Fast STB's runtime isues by dvd.iso and other media's #3 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 5 August 2015 - 20:25

Would be interesting whether it's possible to reproduce on non VU+ boxes like Xtrend, Mutant and so on.

How can I reproduce the problem? Is there somewhere an ISO file which I can use? Can I use every DVD ISO file? Can you provide an ISO(via PM)?

Well the iso files must be real original dvd iso's at first. So not reauthered stuf . About 30 % off dvd'd do have it

So what the best program to make such pure  dvd.iso rip is still the very good dvd decrypter 3.5.4.0 . Yes a windows program but works exellent on linux systems such as ubuntu using wine (windows nt 4 emulation).

default settings which means only region protection

Re: Fast STB's runtime isues by dvd.iso and other media's #4 Pike_Bishop

• 1,130 posts

+72
Good

Posted 6 August 2015 - 16:41

Hi,

i'am not sure if i understand the first post right, but if i play here on the mutant hd 2400 a dvd.iso which i have maked

on the box directly with the program (binary) dvdbackup (not the plugin with the same name) from original dvds i have no crash or segfault.

i have testet it with three dvds (i have a dvd-burner on the usb on my box and converted the dvds with a script).

but i have another problem if i play a dvd.iso or dvd-structure (AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS) which a maked also directly on the box from a sd .ts record

they freeze most on the last 10 seconds (on the end credits) in the movie and then i have still picture only.

it's not a big problem and also it's in other images as openatv too (and also in images with newer gstreamer), in this case i must press the stop button

and only then i'am back in the movieplayer list

regards

Biki3

Edited by Biki3, 6 August 2015 - 16:45.

Receiver: VU Ultimo 4K, Octagon SF8008 4K, Gigablue Quad 4K

Image: OpenPLI-8.3

Re: Fast STB's runtime isues by dvd.iso and other media's #5 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:43

Well the cause off problems on my vuduo2 with a lot off dvd.iso's is found.

It was the LCD4Linux plugin which caused the deadlock. I now removed the plugin and no problems anymore.

Re: Fast STB's runtime isues by dvd.iso and other media's #6 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:56

It was the LCD4Linux plugin which caused the deadlock

->

So LCD4Linux needs to be fixed ;)

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Fast STB's runtime isues by dvd.iso and other media's #7 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:08

It was the LCD4Linux plugin which caused the deadlock

->

So LCD4Linux needs to be fixed ;)

Yes But that I leave to experts off that plugin. It seems living a wild uncontained life :P

My solution was to remove the plugin since I do not need it and anyway when i'm wathcing tv i'm to far off box to read what's on it. However gues a lott of persons really like it.

Re: Fast STB's runtime isues by dvd.iso and other media's #8 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:25

And the second solution if You wan't keep using LCD4Linux is using :

https://github.com/c...py/tree/testing

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users