• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Re: AAC to AC3 transcoding #21 mx3L

• 616 posts

+79
Good

Posted 15 September 2015 - 16:53

Sorry for late answer,

I don't know if singlecore will suffice you have to try, on et4x00 singlecore 400mhz it was 97% of cpu usage..

ac3+ in dvb to pcm: I really don't know, maybe somebody with more experience could answer this.

Re: AAC to AC3 transcoding #22 kurben

• 41 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:50

If you mean possibility to convert AAC to AC3 it's already here, but it breaks playback of HLS streams, so it's not very usable in this state. I will post here fixed version soon.

If you mean outputting multichannel-pcm via HDMI, then you can enable it in vusolosev2 like this:

echo -n "enable" > /proc/stb/audio/multichannel_pcm

But it looks to be working only for multichannel AC3

Is this command done using SSH? Or is it when compiling? 

Would it be possible to have all audio converted to PCM/LPCM? 

One of the issues that has always bugged me with all DVB channels is the volume difference between channels. For the Vu+, the channels with AAC/E-AAC are much lower in volume compares to mpeg. And the channels with AC3 are the loudest. 

If the box could convert all audio to PCM maybe it could fix this issue. 

I know that there is a plugin that compensate for the volume changes, but that has to be done with every single channel. It would be very nice to have all in the same format (PCM) and since PCM is lossless there is no harm to convert it. I think and hope that the hardware in VU+ SoloSE is powerfull enough for this option.

I am also going to send a feature request to VU+ regarding this.

Re: AAC to AC3 transcoding #23 mayrkandy

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:40

I use iDealshare VideoGo to convert AAC to AC3 or convert AC3 to AAC

It also helps to convert between various audio formats like AAC, WAV, AIFF, FLAC, M4A, WMA, MP3, OGG, AU, DTS, RA, and MP2 etc

It also helps to convert between various video formats or convert video to audio.

Re: AAC to AC3 transcoding #24 Shivanarm

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:59

Many converters, such as winxdvd, faasoft, wonderfox, and more can deal with AAC to AC3 transcoding. I prefer wonderfox HD video converter. It is quite easy to use, and it's free. Mostly, I take this converter to transform videos. No matter I wanna convert audio or video, the steps are always simple. Just add my target files into the interface, and select one wanted output format, then run the software. Just wait a second, I get the file I want. I have ever converted DTS to AC3, ASF to AVI, MOV to AVI and so on. It is convenient. And most importantly, it's free. :D :D

Re: AAC to AC3 transcoding #25 nml

• 30 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 15 June 2017 - 15:02

Any advances on this yet?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users