• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #101 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 4 October 2015 - 20:21

@MiLo

I forgot to tell : I gues You well saw it in the patches, but for the patches I deliberately removed all audiocd support based on cdfs. It would be to unreadable sources to keep the cdfs support and also for enigma2 a real mess.

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #102 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 5 October 2015 - 08:22

Getting rid of CDFS is a good thing.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #103 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 5 October 2015 - 11:47

@MiLo,

Just discovered potential problem about busybox.

To let it rebuild

1) first an revision increase is needed.

openpli-oe-core/meta-openpli/recipes-core/busybox/busybox_1.22.1.bbappend

PR = "r33"

SRC_URI_IGNORED = " \

But after this is done another problems shows up.

Configuring busybox-mdev.
 Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/mdev.
Collected errors:
 * resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile /etc/mdev.conf is different from the conffile in the new package. The new conffile will be placed at /etc/mdev.conf-opkg.

Ok i solved it by erasing mdev.conf and renaming mdev.conf-opkg to mdev.conf. This followed by a clean reboot (via remote command restart box) hard reset by power blanks mdev.conf.

But I for regular users a box flash advice should be given.

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #104 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 5 October 2015 - 11:57

note this last error was only on dm8000 on vuduo2 it went ok for update but gues it was cause that on dm8000 was changed manually.

Normally if revision is set to 33 it will update flawlessly.

And no flash advice needed :)

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #105 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 5 October 2015 - 12:12

I made a patch to increase busybox revision nuimber then it builds and installs if user update his box.

Attached Files

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #106 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 5 October 2015 - 17:14

PR number updates happen automatically. The build server has the "PR Server" enabled.

Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #107 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 6 October 2015 - 07:37

Yes normally well, but in the case off the specific package the update off mdev.conf was (by me then) not detected. And the busybox was not rebuild with new mdev.conf setting.

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #108 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 6 October 2015 - 17:25

@MiLo

I just found out that my code about the new audiocd support could in some cases crash enigma2:

If for example cd was inserted , You played it. You stopped. Then the user decided to replay cd (an main menu paly audiocd is made). He pressed menu. And played his cd again. runs all 100 % ok.

But then he stopped playning , exit mediaplayer. box will be back in main menu. That's ok and logic. Then (leaving box in main menu ) he removed cd. All works fine. But the menu item play audio cd will remain.

If he would then press ok to play the cd which was in the mean time removed , e2 crashes. Well logic as it will try to open cdlist which was gone cause cd was removed.

With this patch this crash can't occur anymore. sorry off my error :(

But once solved no danger more :)

Included patch for enigma2.

Attached Files

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #109 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 6 October 2015 - 23:01

To all apart from the little issue above :  once the patch is pushed all possible unstable issues are removed.

This will be for all off pli images and all correct based images . But some starts to really inventing issues becuase they are not using real pli4 images. ,

That's a little over it.  I MORE then once asked for HELP on some issues answers where NADA. And now suddenly they now everything ?????

read :

for Taapat and mx3L ?????? very very questionable remarks they have  .

read :

https://github.com/O...dab066b25196c1d

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #110 mx3L

• 616 posts

+79
Good

Posted 7 October 2015 - 10:47

I'm sorry you take it this way.

I have enigma2 on watchlist and I saw what @Taapat saw, and so I just confirmed that (since from your comments, it looked like you were not sure what was the problem) and proposed the solution, that's all.

I think we should be glad and not offended if someone is checking if everything is all right and makes suggestions for improvements.

PS. I didn't answer yesterday because your remarks were out of place, glad you delete them!

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #111 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 7 October 2015 - 11:03

I'm sorry you take it this way.

I have enigma2 on watchlist and I saw what @Taapat saw, and so I just confirmed that (since from your comments, it looked like you were not sure what was the problem) and proposed the solution, that's all.

I think we should be glad and not offended if someone is checking if everything is all right and makes suggestions for improvements.

PS. I didn't answer yesterday because your remarks were out of place, glad you delete them!

Yes sorry.

@MiLo,

I just sended a push request with :

The possible GSOD error if the user uses a image without the sytems Hotplug.plugin installed. (by the call back they did the same).

Possible gsod error by trying to open cd which has been removed.

I also just discovered that the not standard installed plugin DVDplayer (which is well adviced i you like to play physical dvd's) Also had the same problem.

If You launched for example the dvd via mainmenu item DVDplayer, stopped the dvd remained in the menu removed the dvd . Then clicked ok on DVDplayer it tried to open a non existent dvd.

Here the patch for it , If you wish I'll push it then it will join my already push request for the Mediaplayer.

Attached Files

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #112 mx3L

• 616 posts

+79
Good

Posted 7 October 2015 - 20:26

No problem, keep up the good work.

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #113 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 9 October 2015 - 15:08

@Beeker,

Did You test audiocd's with the current enigma2, hotplug-e2-helper and busybox update ?

By me dm8000. (with sata dvd player)

I can do 10 cd's in ar row let them complete play. And then sudden sometimes a single cd somewhere just stops playing at song x. whitout any reason at the begin off a track. Just pres stop and ok again cd continues playing.

Vuduo2 (usb dvd player)

always 100 % ok.

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #114 Beeker

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,474 posts

+197
Excellent

Posted 9 October 2015 - 19:28

I will do a new test this weekend with latest enigma2,busybox etc. I will let you know the result of it.

Dreambox dm920, Uclan Ustym4Kpro, Gigablue UHD TRIO 4K and Dreambox dm8000. Wavefrontier T55 13.0|19.2|23.5|28.2 + Ziggo.

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #115 Beeker

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,474 posts

+197
Excellent

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:59

I can do 10 cd's in ar row let them complete play. And then sudden sometimes a single cd somewhere just stops playing at song x. whitout any reason at the begin off a track. Just pres stop and ok again cd continues playing.

Vuduo2 (usb dvd player)

always 100 % ok.

CD nr 6. No problem so far.

Continue with testing...

Edited by Beeker, 11 October 2015 - 10:00.

Dreambox dm920, Uclan Ustym4Kpro, Gigablue UHD TRIO 4K and Dreambox dm8000. Wavefrontier T55 13.0|19.2|23.5|28.2 + Ziggo.

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #116 Beeker

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,474 posts

+197
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:36

@christophecvr

13 cd's. No stops/interuptions, just playing perfect.

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #117 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:29

@christophecvr

13 cd's. No stops/interuptions, just playing perfect.

Yes it can be that it just a scratch on a cd which causes that.

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #118 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2015 - 15:53

I really thank @Beeker ,

Looks like he is the only one after me which is really testing all. Like all can see the test are very very good.

Whe are only two persons who really test it by 100%

The goal is : slam and audio cd in , it will play the audio cd . slam a dvd it will play the dvd.

This just all like it was a real cd/dvd player.

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #119 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2015 - 19:02

Whe are only two persons who really test it by 100%

Congratulations!

I would have tested too but my small cheap box isnt equipped with a cd/dvd player (I think most of us dont have a box containing an optical station)

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: Physical CD/DVD support enigma2. #120 christophecvr

• 3,131 posts

+140
Excellent

Posted 15 October 2015 - 13:42

Indeed not so many persons do use it.

Because it actually not worked that well.

Not much boxes do have an internal optical cd/dvd.

Since actually external usb cd/dvd players are working fine also it's worth to make it.

The only improvement concerning audio cd's is to play whitout interuption between track's.

For example a cd like The wall from Pink Floyd (the real original) Is a cd with tracks but supposed to play whitout a interuption between tracks.

Now we send after each track an eos gstreamer stops restarts for next track. On the old gst-0.1 it was the only way.

The new gst-1.0 does permit to set a cd as a single track and if navigation is required it's done by toc info of the cd (made by libcdio) . using seek/flush/newsegment operation.

Unfortunatelly this will require a new structure in to the current used code. Think better a new .cpp module audiocd player or if it's not to much code a new function into servicemp3.cpp.

So not ready for tommorow :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DVD, UDF, AUDIO CD, ISO, CDIO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users