Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #61 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 29 January 2016 - 21:37

Yeah, all this was utterly unrelated to you and your attitude.... :rolleyes: :P :D

Close to a.... ahhh, never mind... ;)

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #62 fcs001fcs

• 244 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 30 January 2016 - 00:31

And when you know the difference than what?

The difference is movie player. 

KodiDirect use E2 system player which does not support DRM.

So, you know the difference and what now?

Now I thank you for educating me and I look at another solution to my problem as your explanation informs me that it will not be likely that KodiDirect will/can evolve to solve my problem.

Thanks.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #63 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:33

You're welcome. Good luck

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #64 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:02

@fcs001fcs,

I am sorry I have not had time to look into this.

Regards.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #65 ciuko

• 67 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:17

Dear,

i've installed KodiDirect 3.0 on E2 Dreambox, when i try to enter every menu i get crash.

Here is the log:

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/skin.py", line 795, in parseWidget
    raise SkinError("component with name '" + wname + "' was not found in skin of screen '" + name + "'!")
SkinError: {newnigma2-HD/skin.xml}: component with name 'bild' was not found in skin of screen 'KodiMenusScreen'!
------------------------------------------------------------
(exit code 5)

I think it's a skin issues , tried to switch to default skin but with no luck. Any hint?

Thanks

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #66 ciuko

• 67 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:57

Dear,

i've installed KodiDirect 3.0 on E2 Dreambox, when i try to enter every menu i get crash.

Here is the log:

File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/skin.py", line 795, in parseWidget
    raise SkinError("component with name '" + wname + "' was not found in skin of screen '" + name + "'!")
SkinError: {newnigma2-HD/skin.xml}: component with name 'bild' was not found in skin of screen 'KodiMenusScreen'!
------------------------------------------------------------
(exit code 5)

I think it's a skin issues , tried to switch to default skin but with no luck. Any hint?

Thanks

YouTube extension is working. All python requirements are installed. Just need to fix this problem thanks,

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #67 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 31 January 2016 - 20:45

I have not tested with Newnigma. I need to see the whole log.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #68 ciuko

• 67 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 February 2016 - 21:22

Here is full log. Thank you for helping

Attached Files

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #69 fankoosh

• 198 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 3 February 2016 - 08:40

@pcd is the latest addon plugin 

YouTube Author: bromix

Version: 5.1.16

is working with ya , coz i am not getting any infoemation or any response when i select it to work!

also i was playing kodilivetv plugin on ur kodiv3 but i am only getting the lowest resolution of all chs , even i cannot change settings coz it is not showing any settings , do u have any tips how to change to high resolution?

in fact i got the m3u file of kodilivetv & played on other plugin & it shows diff resolution selection

Edited by fankoosh, 3 February 2016 - 08:45.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #70 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 4 February 2016 - 16:25

New and updated addons now available via KodiDirect list :-

plugin.video.youtube

plugin.video.filmon -  insert username (url) and password. Also set 'filmon' to 'true'. If  it  does not work first time - exit KodiDirect and try filmon again.

plugin.video.afdah
plugin.video.filma24-al
plugin.video.filmehd
plugin.video.seriale-filma24-al
plugin.video.bbciplayer
plugin.video.itv
plugin.video.ukturk

Regards, pcd.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #71 ciuko

• 67 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 February 2016 - 12:34

New and updated addons now available via KodiDirect list :-

plugin.video.youtube

plugin.video.filmon -  insert username (url) and password. Also set 'filmon' to 'true'. If  it  does not work first time - exit KodiDirect and try filmon again.

plugin.video.afdah
plugin.video.filma24-al
plugin.video.filmehd
plugin.video.seriale-filma24-al
plugin.video.bbciplayer
plugin.video.itv
plugin.video.ukturk

Regards, pcd.

i would like to test it but it's crashing crashing and crashing ..  :D

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #72 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:12

New and updated addons in KodiDirect list :-

plugin.video.streamondemand - with Italian subtitles

plugin.video.ytplus - more Youtube videos

plugin.video.990.ro - now no fix needed

plugin.video.raitv

Better e.log method.

Regards, pcd.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #73 Jammer27

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 February 2016 - 14:01

I have a harddisk or a USB memory stick permanently attached to my VUsolo 2
Is it possible to use one of them as my download or cashfile folders if so how do I do this

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #74 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 11 February 2016 - 20:56

I have a harddisk or a USB memory stick permanently attached to my VUsolo 2
Is it possible to use one of them as my download or cashfile folders if so how do I do this

In the first screen -> Config -> cache folder.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #75 fankoosh

• 198 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:25

today i am encounter a strange action from youtube after updating to 14022016_updates , it doesnt log in or open pages & in fact spinner keeps loading & no farther progress of any action ! , can u check?

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #76 fankoosh

• 198 posts

+6
Neutral

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:39

never mind i was hurry , i sort it out , now it is loading stream links

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #77 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,471 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 15 February 2016 - 22:44

KODI ANNOUNCES LEGAL ACTION TO SMASH PIRACY LINKS

https://torrentfreak...y-links-160215/

he group behind the Kodi media player used by millions to watch movies, TV shows and live sports say they are sick of being linked to piracy. Those using the Kodi name to promote infringing activity in future face action for trademark abuse but it won't be a battle easily won.

kodilogo.jpgOver the past several years the Kodi media playerhas grown to become one of the most-used pieces of software through which people can stream, download and otherwise obtain copyright infringing content.

While millions have heard of BitTorrent, living rooms around the world are now more likely to have a device running Kodi, largely due to how easily the software is run on smart-enabled TVs.

Interestingly, the companies behind both BitTorrent and Kodi have a similar problem. Through the actions of their users, both sets of developers are up to their necks in piracy-related news and both would prefer not to be since neither has done anything illegal.

BitTorrent Inc. has made huge efforts on the PR front to try and educate the masses, with limited effect. Now Team Kodi say they will do the same but if the early signs are a prediction of the future, this will be a tough challenge.

The problem in a nutshell

Kodi is just a media player, it carries no content. However, Kodi has the ability to run third party plugins that in many instances make infringing content available to the user. So, when people load Kodi with plugins recommended by a friend and then see the latest movies listed, they believe that Kodi – and the people behind Kodi – are the ones providing them with the movies.

Needless to say, for Team Kodi this is a huge problem. Not only are they already wrongly associated with huge amounts of infringing activity, the installed addons often break or do not function as advertised. When users get problems they head off to the Kodi forums and vent – to entirely the wrong people.

kodi-piracy.png

“Every day a new user shows up on the Kodi forum, totally unaware that the free movies they’re watching have been pirated and surprised to discover that Kodi itself isn’t providing those movies,” says XBMC Foundation President and Kodi Product Manager Nathan Betzen.

But while those who install Kodi on their own machines and obtain the addons themselves probably understand that Team Kodi isn’t to blame for their piracy, there are countless thousands – maybe millions – of people out there who are entirely clueless.

That’s because they are buying hardware devices from places such as eBay andAmazon with Kodi ready set-up with potentially infringing third party addons.

More often than not, these products are advertised as “fully loaded” and less subtly as “Powered by Kodi”. The latter infuriates Team Kodi, especially when the devices fail to operate as promised.

kodi-piracy1.png

“There have been a wave of sellers who decided to make a quick buck modifying Kodi, installing broken piracy add-ons, advertising that Kodi let’s you watch free movies and TV, and then vanishing when the user buys the box and finds out that the add-on they were sold on was a crummy, constantly breaking mess,” Betzen explains.

“These sellers are dragging users into the world of piracy without their knowledge and at the same time convincing new users that Kodi is a buggy mess, because they never differentiate Kodi from 3rd party add-ons.”

By now there are millions of Kodi users and although its difficult if not impossible to put numbers on them, it’s probably fair to assume that the majority are using the software for piracy. So what can the Kodi team possibly do?

Bring out the trademark banhammer

Well, the team has a plan which involves dissociating the Kodi name from infringing acts. The XBMC Foundation owns the ‘Kodi’ trademark and is legally entitled to chase down people who use it without permission.

kodi-trademark.png

They announced an intention to do so in 2014 but it appears things have gotten so bad since that core Kodi developers have threatened to quit unless something more aggressive is done.

“This means we will issue trademark takedown notices anywhere we think the likelihood for confusion is high. If you are selling a box on your website designed to trick users into thinking broken add-ons come from us and work perfectly, so you can make a buck, we’re going to do everything we can to stop you,” Betzen warns.

“If you are making a video in which you claim to be a Kodi developer or Kodi team member or you are just using the Kodi name while assuring users that some pirate add-on is totally legal and isn’t going to break next week, we will do everything we can to take you down.”

That’s right. Team Kodi aren’t just going to target sellers of piracy-configured boxes, but even people putting up YouTube videos that use the Kodi trademark without permission.

“Most of all, we are tired of a thousand different salesmen and Youtubers making money off ruining our name. And there are even more people out there seeking to make a quick buck by selling ads on videos about getting free movies and TV while using Kodi in their channel name to make their content seem official, as if those videos are coming from us.”

There has already been vigorous debate in the Kodi forums over how far the team will be prepared to go, with suggestions that even people monetizing “Kodi tips” could become a target.

kodi-piracy2.png

Only time will tell how this will play out, but the Kodi team are under no illusions that this is a huge task. To that end they’re enrolling supporters to help them with their trademark offensive against both sellers and YouTubers.

“If you see somebody selling a box that’s ‘fully loaded’ or comes with the phrase ‘Free movies and TV with Kodi,’ please, ask them to stop. And let us know. It’s OK to sell a vanilla Kodi box. It’s OK to sell a fully loaded box that doesn’t have Kodi installed or fully rebrands Kodi to something else entirely. It is not OK to sell a fully loaded Kodi box,” the team clarify.

“If you see a Youtuber using the Kodi logo as part of his channel, constantly marketing Kodi as a source of free movies, ask him to stop pretending to be us and dragging our name through the muck. And, of course, let us know. Who knows, maybe the Youtuber has no idea that he or she is causing so many problems and a conversation might solve them.”

Interestingly, while Team Kodi are clearly sick of being connected to piracy, they aren’t actually condemning what the user does.

“Team Kodi maintains an officially neutral stance on what users do with their own software. Kodi is open source software, and as long as the GPL is followed, you are welcome to do with it as you like,” Betzen explains.

“So while we don’t love this use of Kodi, as long as you know what illegal and potentially dangerous things you are getting yourself into and accept the fact that the Team will not be providing you with any support, then you are welcome to do what you like.”

There’s no doubt that the Kodi team has a mountain to climb and at this point it seems unlikely they will ever truly get to the top. That being said, it will be interesting to see them try as this is a unique situation that few have ever faced before.

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #78 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 16 February 2016 - 00:47

Hello hemertje,

Thank you for your detailed post.

What does it mean for KodiDirect ? Should I stop mentioning 'unofficial' addons in the KodiDirect thread ?

Please advise me as I do not wish to do anything illegal.

Regards, pcd.

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #79 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:13

There's a helluva lot of "stretching" going on in that press release, it seems to me....

It reminds me of the biggest pirates this Earth has ever seen (Mierdoch, MacroHard and alike corporations, getting other people's stuff, not paying for it, not crediting the authors, making humongous amounts of money out of it, yet never paying the originators of those ideas or perhaps hacking other company's intellectual property to undermine their competitors and increase their profits and so on and on and on...), who turned the "biggest fighters of piracy", protecting "their inventio..." sorry, investment and whatnot.... Need one mention various McBiggot corp. suing Samsung corp and vice versa and on and on and on...???

What exactly does it remind me of?

Weeeellll.... Hasn't XBMC began by "violating" somebody's HW/SW?!?

Also, either "...due to how easily the software is run on smart-enabled TVs" is true or "...especially when the devices fail to operate as promised." If it is so "easy" (...), then why do various devices fail to operate as promised, apparently 'often' to the "annoyance" of Kodi guys?!?

Why is Kodi (XBMC foundation) a corporation/consortium(???), if info on the net makes a point of the fact that it is a "not-for-profit organisation"?? Any "perks", maybe, that are not usually disclosed, which 'harden' over time and then one day one must "protect" those or... what exactly?!? I presume it all costs and it has to be paid somehow, so there are various 'banners/ads" involved and donations, partnerships, sponsorships and whatnot... Legitimate stuff, non? I mean, everything costs and has to be accounted and paid for, right?

So, then: when people make "how tos" and there are adverts on their pages (presumably to help pay for the server costs etc.), why is it a problem that they also make a little bit of money, when in turn they help Kodi and users that Kodi developers are helping in the first place? Would it be OK if they paid a little fee to Kodi?

One could go on but I am getting nauseated just thinking of DMM, Marusys/Vu+, then their little spat, which dispute ended the way it should have but then Marusys turned and started emulating DMM and.... Ohhhh, spare me the pontificating, PLEASE!!!!!! (Especially from the Lords of Piracy mentioned in the first paragraph... and now... Achhh...)

Is this now going in that direction, too?!?

Right, VLC and similar it is, then!

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: Plugin KodiDirect.v.3.0 #80 pcd

• 759 posts

+88
Good

Posted 18 February 2016 - 18:54

New addon now available via Get more..-> KodiDirect list :-

plugin.video.kodilivetv - (in IPTV section) - view international tv.

Regards, pcd.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users