Help please, not quite a newbie. DM800Se A8P

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 zwizz

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 September 2015 - 00:37

Hi

Had Open Pli4 running reasonable well for over a year but have had a few repeatable crashes so decided to do an update with a current "overnight build" presumably from 24th Sep. Identified 350 packages to update so decided to go ahead.

It took about 45 mins to even start switching on the display again and then hung with the Dream picon and the box ident.

Have not had any problems of this sort before so would greatly appreciate some support.

Thanks

Re: Help please, not quite a newbie. DM800Se A8P #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:46

This is a clone box, and there is no OpenPLi support for that box.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Help please, not quite a newbie. DM800Se A8P #3 Freon

• 216 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 26 September 2015 - 17:49

Flash the image again.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

Re: Help please, not quite a newbie. DM800Se A8P #4 zwizz

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 September 2015 - 14:57

Thanks Freon

The problem was that I'd attempted an update rather than a new install; I just went through the official "install new image" process (I feared that would be impossible but it was very straightforward) and it's now back up, but I'm having to reinstall and scan every satellite and I'm struggling to get my V-box, which has all the positions stored, to align itself properly with the Dreambox. It's proving very unreliable at recalling the position when i want to move to another satellite.

Re: Help please, not quite a newbie. DM800Se A8P #5 Freon

• 216 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 29 September 2015 - 15:12

Upgrade is not possible - only clean and fresh install of new image.

From /etc/enigma2/settings copy all lines with config.Nims to PC, and replace them in the new image on same place.

That way you do not loose motor setup. In OpenPLI there is a neet plugin called autobackup - use it in the future.

Re: Help please, not quite a newbie. DM800Se A8P #6 zwizz

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 September 2015 - 15:22

Thanks again, I think I did do a backup with that utility, but thought I'd lost it when the update failed and the box hung. This positioner problem is a real pain though.

Re: Help please, not quite a newbie. DM800Se A8P #7 ahendriks

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 October 2015 - 12:46

Always use this autobackup using a usb stick (backup to usb stick). When reflashing openpli it automaticly finds the backup on the usb stick and it automaticly performs an restore of the content.

This way a reflash of the box is very very simple and staightforward. A reflash this way usually takes only 5-10 minutes ... after that ALL settings are restored and even the plugins are back in place.

Re: Help please, not quite a newbie. DM800Se A8P #8 theparasol

• 4,157 posts

+198
Excellent

Posted 6 October 2015 - 12:29

Thanks again, I think I did do a backup with that utility, but thought I'd lost it when the update failed and the box hung. This positioner problem is a real pain though.

Just stop using cloned boxes and your grief will be over!

@Camping: ZGemma H.2S, Technisat Multytenne 4-in-1 @Home: Edision Mini 4K, Wave Frontier T55, EMP Centauri EMP DiSEqC 8/1 switch, 4x Inverto Ultra Black single LNB

Re: Help please, not quite a newbie. DM800Se A8P #9 Freon

• 216 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 6 October 2015 - 15:16

@theparasol

As I know there is an A8P SIM card sold with clones, but also the same SIM card is placed in the original Dreamboxes.

I was personaly user from 7020 and 500S (7020 - original, and 500S a clone), then 500HD original, 800SE clone remaid to an original.

Now I am a Vu+ user (solo2 and zero) - original recivers of course. So I write from personal empiriastic expiriance for clones, and originals.

Re: Help please, not quite a newbie. DM800Se A8P #10 goldeneye

• 1,030 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 7 October 2015 - 05:59

@Freon

You can't 'remake' a DM800SE into an original! You can however snatch an original SIM from a broken original box and place it into your clone. This will only sort the security problem but will never make a clone an original (it just behaves that way). Components are still (even worse) than the ones used in a original box.

Original SIMs are not sold separately and obtaining one can only happen via above procedure.

Personally I have had a very nasty experience with a collegue of mine. I sold him my original DM800 (I bought a DM8000) and had OpenPli 2.1 on it with Bootloader #84. He visited a sat shop in Belgium to have a c-line installed (illegal, but his choice). Those guys took his original box and flashed it without warning with a clone firmware. Box dead. He demanded a working box back (naturally). The guy told him to wait and apparently gave him a working box with GP3 and bootloader #69! The guy had simply stolen his original SIM and placed a clone SIM in his original box.. He had a hell of a time to get his SIM back.. Police help and all...

Re: Help please, not quite a newbie. DM800Se A8P #11 Freon

• 216 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 7 October 2015 - 06:31

True with SIM options.

Sad that someone gets so low to replaces a SIM fom a othermans box.

Unfair, and sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users