Photo

streamproxy aborts first connect request

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 openpli4me

• 74 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 October 2015 - 14:50

Maybe someone knows where/why this is happening. When connecting with Kodi or vlc I see a connect request/established to the box (port 8001) and within 2 seconds it drops the connect, vlc immediately reconnects and starts showing the channel. (leaving the first connect in tcp/time-wait) This seems to happen all the time, its kind of irritating because this first connect (and disconnect) sometimes blocks a tuner from use until the box 'sees' its not really in use and streamproxy stops. ps. can someone enable the 'rich text editor' for me, I can't format posts properly.

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 6 October 2015 - 12:50

Go into the Webif and ensure that the zap before stream is ticked in the web interface.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #3 openpli4me

• 74 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 October 2015 - 14:27

Doesn't work, the box is always in standby mode, only used for streaming.

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #4 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 7 October 2015 - 11:37

VLC has the nasty habit of opening multiple connections at the same time and/or opening multiple connections quickly after another. Usually with streaming that doesn't have to be a problem, but for transcoding it is.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #5 openpli4me

• 74 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 October 2015 - 12:29

Its not vlc its streamproxy not handling aborted connections, it just sits there for 60 seconds while nothing is going in/out hugging a tuner. with ipv4.tcp settings I've got it down from 5min to 1min but realistically 5sec is enough. question remains can this be done via other sysctl settings or does streamproxy needs hacking?

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #6 imperia

• 140 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 9 October 2015 - 02:33

I have similar issue!

I have also noticed that MPC-HC sometimes is unable to start stream with video (only audio). I have to retry few times to connect to stream correctly (with video).

With VLC similar issue if you have password set. Sometimes I put my password and STB doesn't accept it. I am sure its correct because I copy paste it. Here I also have to retry few times.

That's why i moved to MPC-HC because it can save password and retry them (automaticly I guess)

Right now I have 

tcp        0      0 192.168.0.70:8081       192.168.0.2:55970       ESTABLISHED
Phantom connection to my stb. There is no player running but there is connection established.

Maybe you can reproduce it. With receiver in Standby.
Try playing 2-3 HD channels from same transponder. Then maybe stop them.. Try to run other channel from another transponder.
Sometimes its stuck. I guess because tunner is occupied.
Not sure how to give you more information. Maybe I will try to run enigma from console.

Another thing. When receiver is in standby. You see "Nothing playing" but if I click on channel name.. Webif shows like if you are on some channel. Then you cannot stream another channel because you are on some channel! How comes? Its on standby but you are tuned to channel?

I will try to bring more information later.

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #7 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 9 October 2015 - 10:33

Streamproxy closes the connection to the client and to the trancoder/tuner as soon as it gets the signal that the client went away. If the client leaves the connection open, nothing will happen. You can check it with netstat. Also try to start streamproxy with -f and look at the debug output. You can post it here, but remove passwords first.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #8 openpli4me

• 74 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 October 2015 - 10:40

> Also try to start streamproxy with -f and look at the debug output I'd love to but streamproxy only runs when streaming, running a second streamproxy -f does nothing as thats a new process, from where is streamproxy actually started so I can add -f ?

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 9 October 2015 - 10:44

No that's not true.

Kill the running streamproxy and then start streamproxy with -f.

If your streamproxy is run from inetd, it's not the streamproxy from our feed.

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #10 openpli4me

• 74 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 October 2015 - 12:33

When your on the box (telnet) you see no streamproxy (ps) running which is normal, start VLC http://ip:8001/1:0:1...:1:C00000:0:0:0:, after that a streamproxy process is added and running, now who's starting this process and where so I can add -f.

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #11 imperia

• 140 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 9 October 2015 - 13:26

My et6x00 doesn't have streamproxy

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,555 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 9 October 2015 - 14:02

I don't think an ET6x00 can transcode?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #13 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 9 October 2015 - 14:59

I am quite sure ;)

But. If you own a receiver that is able to transcode, you will have the streamproxy running directly after boot. If it doesn't, it's either not OUR streamproxy or you haven't flashed your receiver for two years or more.

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #14 imperia

• 140 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 9 October 2015 - 17:43

I guess then we are talking about different things then, but the symptoms are the same.  

Later I will try to record a video from my screen of the service on port 8001 that sometimes thinks my password is wrong and how the stream is starting with audio only in MPC-HC. 

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #15 openpli4me

• 74 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 October 2015 - 20:06

> But. If you own a receiver that is able to transcode, you will have the streamproxy running directly after boot. If you have transcoding disabled or removed streamproxy does not start on boot but only on request. You don't need transcoding to stream.

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #16 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:13

But you don't need streamproxy to stream. I think that's your misconception. Streaming is handled by enigma itself, in enigma. Streamproxy can do it too (on other ports) but streaming on port 8001 is handled by enigma.

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #17 openpli4me

• 74 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 October 2015 - 18:40

Ok that might be a misconception but on any image (including openpli) when you open a stream on port 8001 there is a process streamproxy running while the stream is active, as soon as the stream stops so does streamproxy. Open a VLC on your own box on any channel on 8001 and run 'ps -A -f' and see for yourself. Do a killall streamproxy and see your live stream stopping.

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #18 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 October 2015 - 18:45

Then you are not running OpenPLi. On OpenPLi enigma is the only process that listens on port 8001. There cannot be two processes listening on one port. You can check it with netstat -lpnt.

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #19 openpli4me

• 74 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 October 2015 - 23:42

Then whats the difference between inetd/streamproxy or enigma2 handling the streamdata ? (http://forums.openpl...-13#entry417776) it seems (and 'top' confirms it) enigma2 on its own(9%) is using more cpu then inetd/streamproxy(1%) via enigma2(2%) on the same test stream (ch4-hd) with the same bitrate(+-6mb).

Re: streamproxy aborts first connect request #20 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2015 - 18:42

You did not get my point. Please read again.

Then you are not running OpenPLi. On OpenPLi enigma is the only process that listens on port 8001. There cannot be two processes listening on one port. You can check it with netstat -lpnt.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 12 October 2015 - 18:42.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users