• Please log in to reply
644 replies to this topic

Re: VU Solo 4k support #561 mamamia

• 70 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 25 April 2016 - 20:29

Ronnie, yes solo 4K

I am not experiencing tearing on my LG UHD TV. Are you sure that the problem is not TV related?
New drivers were released few days ago.http://code.vuplus.c...s_3.0;a=summary

What are your setting on the box? Is it 2160P?
Greets Ronnie1966
Yes, my Solo 4K is set 2160P Multi.

Btw. I also think Tearing issues are TV related. I read on Vti Forums that others with Sony and Samsung TVs are also having tearing issues in combination with Solo 4K. I dont have these issues on my LG TV.

Edited by mamamia, 25 April 2016 - 20:30.

Re: VU Solo 4k support #562 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:41

Who is responsible for tuner configuration? Basically VU+. But could OpenPLI team modify it?
My idea is about backward compatibility with other VU+ products. This could allow users to start exploiting Solo 4K cheap way with lnb's which they already have or with only small hardware modifications. Instead of quad unicable lnb to use quad universal lnb. These two solutions should be equal according to signal coverage. Then it should be necessary for each lnb to add some rows for tuner configuration setup of other diseqc sources.

I think you have a misunderstanding of what FBC tuners are and how they work. You can use ordinary quad LNB's, but then you need to use a unicable switch like for example the Inverto IDLP-USS2OO-CUO1O-8PP.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: VU Solo 4k support #563 nemosince1996

• 79 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:22

Have you looked at post #515? Probably not because you would not propose me what you have proposed. Ok, I know how FBC tuner basically works but it seems to me that everybody have to exactly know it. And whatever else is untouchable mystery or dogma. You from OpenPLI probably know it well because you are directly in contact with producer. But could you persuade me that what I proposed will not work? Has anybody tried it? If I am able to setup two universal lnbs for tuner B using diseqc switch avoiding unicable tuner or unicable switch it looks that such a way could be available. Why not quad universal lnb then? Question is how difficult it is and for whom (Koreans or OpenPLI).

Do you remember Toyota's slogan - nothing is impossible? Or who wants to - is looking for ways who does not want - is looking for excuses and reasons? These two approaches I use for all my life.

Re: VU Solo 4k support #564 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 26 April 2016 - 13:42

A DiSEqC switch routes one, and only one, LNB (and one sub-band) to the tuner. Therefore it is impossible for one tuner to receive from more than one satellite at once.

Re: VU Solo 4k support #565 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2016 - 13:38

In other words, in a non-unicable setup, the tuner will behave just like a normal single tuner.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: VU Solo 4k support #566 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2016 - 16:00

In other words, in a non-unicable setup, the tuner will behave just like a normal single tuner.

Same as a single tuner plus "n" loopthroughs.

Re: VU Solo 4k support #567 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2016 - 19:53

Same as a single tuner plus "n" loopthroughs.

And that is irrespective of the use of Unicable/normal LNB.

Re: VU Solo 4k support #568 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 1 May 2016 - 21:48

Hi,

Another strange behavior of the solo 4K, when in standby perform a screenshot and you will get this. A mix of black, grey with 2 yellow spots on it.

Attached File  Solo4K-in-standy.jpg   9.15KB   2 downloads

Purely cosmetic bug but which can reflect too that there is something wrong in the driver or in the screen grabber.  

On all other boxes screenshot in standby gives a nice full black screen.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: VU Solo 4k support #569 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2016 - 07:25

On my Vu+ Solo2 and Xtrend ET8000 the screenshot in standby produces also a mix of black and grey exactly like yours example. But the yellow spots are not present

ET8000 screenshot

juzbzr.png

Re: VU Solo 4k support #570 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2016 - 07:35

This is consistant behaviour for all VU's.

Also the power on the HDMI-connection is not switched off in stand-by, which is especially disastrous when using auto HDMI switching. VU is aware if this, but refuses to fix it.

Re: VU Solo 4k support #571 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2016 - 14:41

Wrong.

What you're seeying is de dedicated standby screen. Formerly there was no Standby screen (or: it was just pitch black). It wouldn't matter anyway, because only the Xtrend et8500 can show "something" when it's in standby (using the LCD, which remains active). I designed a simple Standby screen for it so you can see the time, the used tuners and what is using the tuners. On the et8500 it works like a charm. On other receivers you should simply not see it, unless using a frame grabber, indeed.

The interesting question now is: why are you only seeing a few dots and not the time + tuners? There are two possibilities. Either something is conditionally (only) installed on the et8500 which makes this screen only work on that model, or something is just plain incorrect. I should spend some time on this, but unfortunately I have much more important things to do (for OpenPLi!), so it's low prio.

So it will get fixed, only not now.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: VU Solo 4k support #572 Tech

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 14,598 posts

+458
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2016 - 14:59

I also have seen this screen on the Miraclebox but I've never seen it on other receivers before..

Aan de rand van de afgrond is een stap voorwaarts niet altijd vooruitgang....

On the edge of the abyss, a step forward is not always progress....

Re: VU Solo 4k support #573 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2016 - 15:10

Also the power on the HDMI-connection is not switched off in stand-by, which is especially disastrous when using auto HDMI switching. VU is aware if this, but refuses to fix it.

Wrong.

Not sure if the 'wrong' is related to my post, but no VU's switches off HDMI-power in standby. Simply use an HDMI-switch and you'll see.

Re: VU Solo 4k support #574 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2016 - 18:24

@Erik,

Thanks for the highlight I was not aware of this "stand by screen" capability on some STB, of course this is not a priority and doesn't harm at all.  I report it just in case this was a hidden bug in the driver.

I saw it because I connect to the OpenWebif and use the screen capture (by mistake on the Solo4K that was in standby so I saw those strange yellow squares).

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: VU Solo 4k support #575 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 3 May 2016 - 15:00

Wrong.

Not sure if the 'wrong' is related to my post, but no VU's switches off HDMI-power in standby. Simply use an HDMI-switch and you'll see.

It's wrong in the sense that it isn't the reason for what we're seeing.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: VU Solo 4k support #576 xmr

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 August 2016 - 11:28

i heav a vu solo 4k and tbs 5925 usb tuner,i flash openpli5 and Satdreamgr-4.0-gst1-vusolo4k-20160615 and not work my tbs 5925 with my vu solo 4k!?You can give a solution?I care more channels for MIS.expect an answer please!

Re: VU Solo 4k support #577 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 8 August 2016 - 11:48

I have no problem with TBS 5980, didn't you install drivers from menu and restart?

Please note that mis patch is not merged in OpenPLi, also there is no public OpenPLi 5.

Regarding SatDreamGr both tuner and mis/pls should work.

Edited by athoik, 8 August 2016 - 11:48.

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: VU Solo 4k support #578 xmr

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 August 2016 - 17:00

yes

Re: VU Solo 4k support #579 xmr

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 August 2016 - 17:05

see usb 5925 tuner ... but when scan  I give nothing happens remains stuck at the first frequency

Re: VU Solo 4k support #580 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 8 August 2016 - 17:19

First time there is such a problem.

Can you post dmesg command using telnet to see if there are usb/io error?
Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users