OpenPli DVD Play

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 testato

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 October 2015 - 19:34

Hi, 

i installed for the first time the OpenPli on a Vu+ Solo, and it impressed me, it's fast and beauty  :) 

i have only a problem whit DVD play.

I have a DVD Driver on a PC in my Lan, and if i open the standard OpenPli Media Player, i can read the .vob inside the DVD one by one. But i do not found the way for read the DVD in a standard way, example by select the chapter menu, change thge language by the official menu of the film, etc.

I installed also the DVDPlayer plugin but in the Plugin window do not appear a plugin named DVDPlayer also after a reboot.

May you help me on this point ?

p.s. whitch mediaplayer plugin do you reccomend whit a different GUI ? the original mediaplayer have a very poor interface

Thanks

Re: OpenPli DVD Play #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 17 October 2015 - 20:20

If you open a directory that has the file layout of a DVD (= a VIDEO_TS folder with the IFO and VOB files), or open an ISO file of a DVD, from the standard file list, the DVD will play automatically. No need for external players or plugins...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: OpenPli DVD Play #3 testato

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 October 2015 - 20:39

so i found a bug ?

i have an original DVD in the drive.

this is what i do:

1) shared a dvd reader on Win7, on F:/

2) mounted this resource on OpenPli and name it "dvd-br"

3) press: menu-plugin-Media Player
4) the dvd-br is present in the list, Select it --> OK --> VIDEO_TS --> OK --> VTS_01_0.IFO

It start only this video file, at the end it stop, i cannot enter in DVD menu structure, audio, etc

Re: OpenPli DVD Play #4 testato

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 October 2015 - 20:58

Wait, ok i understand

you mean open the dvd file system whit a file browser ?
But on OpenPli is there a file browser by default ?

Re: OpenPli DVD Play #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 18 October 2015 - 00:01

I mean the same way you watch a recording, it can playback anything, from recordings to music to photo albums to DVD's. Use it to navigate to your VIDEO_TS folder, and the DVD menu should appear automatically.

As I said, do not use seperate plugins. Most of them are from the dreambox days, and are rare antiques that don't work (very well) on a modern OpenPLi image.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: OpenPli DVD Play #6 testato

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:59

ok, thanks,

i do not have an HDD on my Solo so i never recorded nothing.

You mean press the little "R" on the remote control, and appear an integrated file manager  ;)

Whit Original unprotected DVD all work, is there a way for read also Original protected DVD ?

Re: OpenPli DVD Play #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 18 October 2015 - 13:56

Guess so, I don't have a Solo (remote) handy to check.

And aren't all DVD's protected?

Re: OpenPli DVD Play #8 testato

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 October 2015 - 14:19

no, not all DVD is protected, expecially in music business,

here i have two Litfiba original DVD not protected.

But please, may you tell me if is there a way to read Protected DVD ? 
I payed all my DVD collection, so it is strange that I cannot read it  :)

Re: OpenPli DVD Play #9 testato

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 October 2015 - 14:29

this is not protected:

http://www.amazon.it...ribelle litfiba

Re: OpenPli DVD Play #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 18 October 2015 - 15:16

I only have a few DVD's on disk here, but as they are commercial ones with a region code, I'm pretty sure they are "protected". And they play fine here.

Re: OpenPli DVD Play #11 testato

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 October 2015 - 18:27

Today a take time for an intensive testing on OpenPLI DVD reproduction capability on 10 original commercial DVD,

the result is terrible, i think that is there some problem not only on decodification of protected content, but also in the Graphical Menu accessibility.

1) Dracula - Bram Stoker: (CSS protection) only the first menu is open, but whitout the interactive graphic, so no possible select start of the film or scene selection or extra, ect

2) Litfiba - Lacio Drom: (Unprotected commercial DVD) it work, but during the play the graphic menu selection button remain sovraimposed. You need press Audio and Exit for remove the sovraimposition

3) Litfiba - Sogno ribelle: (Unprotected commercial DVD) same above, menu problem but Audio+Exit solve it

4) Iron Maiden - Rainmaker (CSS Protection): all work, menu and video (THIS IS THE ONLY ONE HAT WORK 100%)

5) Deep purple - Heavy Metal Pioneers (CSS Protection - NTSC Disk): the initial little video work, like Warning wideo, BUsiness Logo video, but when start the Concert Portion the screen is black whit no audio. Very interesting is that the DVD drive really work, the decoder really receive the video beacuse i have a widget whit a network meter and is there Upload data in the graph

6) Nicko Mc Brain - Rhythms of the beast ((CSS Protection - NTSC Disk)) same above 

7) Subsonica - Cielo tangenziale ovest ((CSS Protection - PAL Disk)): same above 

8) Iron Maiden - The number of the beast : (CSS Protection) Menu' problem, is it possible enter in scene selection but after this is there no superimposed graphic for select the track. Interesting is that if i select "Play All" from the first Menu, the video play OK

9) Litfiba - Tetralogia degli elementi (CSS Protection) Completely black screen, no menu no video

10) Metallica - S&M (Double DVD - CSS Protection) Completely black screen, no menu no video

I'm here if i can help in testing eventually patch  ;)

Re: OpenPli DVD Play #12 testato

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 October 2015 - 18:38

new interesting test,

I make an ISO from number 6 and is it confirmed that is there Two different Problem to resolve.

1) The DeCSS ISO now play the video, so is there a rpoblem on CSS section on OpenPLI

2) The Graphic Menu problem remain, also in the iso si there a sovraimposed raphic that i can remove by Audio+Exit trick, but i cannot select nothing in the screen selection menu, because is there no superipmposed graphic  :)

Re: OpenPli DVD Play #13 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 18 October 2015 - 19:21

Playing protected discs across network shares doesn't work (on ANY platform) out-of-the-box. The client isn't aware that it's playing a protected DVD.

To make it work, install something like "DVDFS" on the server. There's probably a Windows thingy that does the same.

But actually, it's much easier and way more convenient to just make a "main movie only" copy of the DVD on the PC and play that.

Edited by MiLo, 18 October 2015 - 19:22.

Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: OpenPli DVD Play #14 testato

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 October 2015 - 20:08

for a collector, whit many, many DVD, this is not an option  :)

I will try DVDfs, thanks for the tip, but this is only for the CSS problem, the interactive menu problem remain, the iso that i used for the test is unprotected but the menu problem remain.

Re: OpenPli DVD Play #15 testato

• 15 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 October 2015 - 22:20

Yep, ok

whit anydvd the share of a CSS protected dvd work.

Remain the graphic problem, it's about impossible to use all the DVD because only 10% of the menu work.

Maybe we can found an online DVD menu example for a crossed test ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users