ET9000 trash can

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Robinson

• 2,613 posts

+30
Good

Posted 23 October 2015 - 22:11

It seems that although I have the trash can feature enabled for recordings it is not there and so i can't recover any of my deleted recordings..

This is probably because my storage devices were automatically mounted as:

1) media/usb - this is a USB hard drive which is my default storage for recordings

2) media/KINGSTON - this is a USB pendrive plugged in at the back of my ET9000.

How could I make the trash can feature work on these? Especially for media/usb.

Thanks.

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Trash can for media/usb and media/KINGSTON #2 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,042 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:48

Each device has its own trashcan. To recover a recording, just browse into the trashcan directory and move it away.

Delete a recording. If it cannot use the trashcan for some reason, you'll get a message explaining what went wrong. Otherwise it will move to the trashcan.

Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Trash can for media/usb and media/KINGSTON #3 Robinson

• 2,613 posts

+30
Good

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:18

Sorry, I was blind. Of course, both devices have their trash cans.

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Trash can for media/usb and media/KINGSTON #4 xPafx

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:16

This doesn't really work the way it should... I have some of my recordings on an internal hdd and some on an usb-drive. If I delete a recording on the internal hdd, it is moved to the trash can (/media/hdd/.Trash). And if I go to /media/usb/series and deletes a recording there, it is moved to the trash can on the usb-drive ( /media/usb/.Trash). But the thing is that I have mounted /media/usb/series as /media/hdd/movies/series and if I go to this directory an deletes the recording from the mounted directory, I get the message "Cannot move files on a different disk or system to the trash can. Do you really want to delete?". Is there no way to make the db move deleted files from the mounted directory to the correct trash can? If I could rather make a shortcut to /media/usb/series from /media/hdd/movies instead of a mount it would work, but I don't know if that is possible...?

Re: Trash can for media/usb and media/KINGSTON #5 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,042 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:44

... I have mounted /media/usb/series as /media/hdd/movies/series ...

How?

If you really mounted it, that should have worked, since the code looks "backwards" for the mountpoint. But since you cannot really "mount" a sub-directory, which is what you claim to have done here, you must have done something else?

You can of course make a shortcut using a symbolic link (shell command: "ln -s /media/usb/series /media/hdd/movies/series") that should work as well.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Trash can for media/usb and media/KINGSTON #6 xPafx

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 May 2016 - 21:24

Well... The command I used was "mount /media/usb/series /media/hdd/movies/series" and it worked just fine. So as far as I know the subdirectory was mounted, but then the trash can didn't work. But I see now that if I mount the entire usb-drive instead, the trash can is still working. The problem with that solution is only that I had mounted different directories on the usb-drive at different places in the movies-list. But the symlinc command you sent me seems to have solved that problem just fine. Now it seems to work the way I wanted, including the trash can, so thanks... :-)

Re: Trash can for media/usb and media/KINGSTON #7 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 11 May 2016 - 14:19

What you did was a "move mount" where you mirror a piece of the filesystem onto another place in the filesystem. Perfectly legal, sometimes handy but very probably not what you meant to do. A symlink would probably have been sufficient.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Trash can for media/usb and media/KINGSTON #8 xPafx

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 May 2016 - 20:10

I'm sure you're right. I didn't know about the symlink command untill just recently, but the mount command did everything I wished except for the trash can. I've used it like that for a couple of years, and since the trash can didn't exist at all (i think?) for usb-drives on the old version of openpli that I was running that wasn't a problem... (: But anyway, I've changes to using symlinks now and it seems to work as well... (:

Re: Trash can for media/usb and media/KINGSTON #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 3 June 2016 - 09:04

Which is logical, because the trashcan is only searched for within the mount itself.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ET9000, trash can

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users