• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pike_Bishop

• 1,130 posts

+72
Good

Posted 24 November 2015 - 19:30

hi

i have a request for movieplayer - is it possible to hide *.jpg in moviedir ?

background is - i use on mutant hd 2400 pli in the flash and with openmultiboot openatv on usb stick.

on pli i use only movieplayer to play .ts and other movies and in openatv i use EMC for that.

in EMC i have for all movies covers (*.jpg) but here you can only see the movies in the EMC movie list - that's ok.

but if i switch to pli then i see all *.jpg  in movieplayer list and they looks same as the movies.

so if it's possible to hide *.jpg in the movie list from movieplayer then this is good, otherwise i often don't know what is the movie and what is the *.jpg

maybe you can make it configurable to hide *.jpg and other pictures in movieplayer list.

regards

Biki3

Edited by Biki3, 24 November 2015 - 19:32.

Receiver: VU Ultimo 4K, Octagon SF8008 4K, Gigablue Quad 4K

Image: OpenPLI-8.3

Re: request to hide pictures (.jpg) in movieplayer list #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2015 - 21:35

That is because it is not a "movieplayer", it is a "mediaplayer". And that includes images.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: request to hide pictures (.jpg) in movieplayer list #3 Pike_Bishop

• 1,130 posts

+72
Good

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:42

hi,

yes ok, it is also able to display pictures (*.jpg) with movieplayer - that's good.

but i think it would be a good idea if it is possible to make it configurable that we can see *.jpg in movieplayer or not - what did you think ?

it is sure makeable because the meta files as *.eit and so on we also can't see in movieplayer.

regards

Biki3

Re: request to hide pictures (.jpg) in movieplayer list #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 25 November 2015 - 13:14

There is no difference between "movieplayer" and "pictureplayer" in OpenPLi so it is a generic "mediaplayer" like stated by WanWizard that can play any format that it knows.

If you have an option to disable *.jpg then the mediaplayer will never display again the *.jpg so it will be no longer a generic "mediaplayer".

Have you already pressed the Menu button while you are into the "mediaplayer" there you have an option to hide/unhide the known extension type, I would first advice to you set it to no, so the extensions will be displayed and you will be able to see if it is a picture type or a  movie type.

You have also different view type may be another view type will better fit your needs.

What can perhaps also be proposed is to have a new column that will display another icon based on the file detected type.

And when the name is too long to be totally displayed the text of the highlighted name can start scrolling horizontally so that we can read the full text. I saw that in the bottom left we saw the full file name when no description is available (with the default skin).

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: request to hide pictures (.jpg) in movieplayer list #5 Pike_Bishop

• 1,130 posts

+72
Good

Posted 25 November 2015 - 13:43

ok i understand now - it's not possible what i want.

Have you already pressed the Menu button while you are into the "mediaplayer" there you have an option to hide/unhide the known extension type, I would first advice to you set it to no, so the extensions will be displayed and you will be able to see if it is a picture type or a  movie type.

yes i know this, but it's not the prettiest solution for me, because i don't want to see the extensions.

What can perhaps also be proposed is to have a new column that will display another icon based on the file detected type.

i think that's a good idea :)

regards

Biki3

Re: request to hide pictures (.jpg) in movieplayer list #6 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 26 November 2015 - 15:22

A better alternative would be to ask (or patch) EMC to hide its private data instead. Simply prepending a "." to the filename would hide it. Or move the covers to a ".covers" sub directory.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: request to hide pictures (.jpg) in movieplayer list #7 Pike_Bishop

• 1,130 posts

+72
Good

Posted 26 November 2015 - 19:37

Hi MiLo,

i have testet yesterday if i hide the covers (*.jpg) with a dot, but then the EMC didn't display the cover.

Or move the covers to a ".covers" sub directory.

yes i will ask the maintainer.

but anyway it is also a good idea from @Pr2 to give the *.jpgs in OpenPLI another icon and another color, because it's a green circle and this is also a symbol

for the movies (records)

regards

Biki3

Edited by Biki3, 26 November 2015 - 19:38.

Re: request to hide pictures (.jpg) in movieplayer list #8 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:26

Hi MiLo,

i have testet yesterday if i hide the covers (*.jpg) with a dot, but then the EMC didn't display the cover.

Yeah, you have to patch EMC to do that.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users