Infobar shows upcoming events for specific transponder channels

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oasisngv

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 November 2015 - 22:34

Good day guys,

1. I have an issue with  vu+ duo2 which shows upcoming epg instead of current event in the infobar.

TP: 42E, 11775 V, tp 31, DVB-S2, 8PSK, SR 27500, FEC 3/4

All other channels of other providers in Turksat 42E is correct. Probably its the provider that set wrong system clock for TP but still I want to correct it manually if possible in order to see correct program after zapping to those channels.

The problem can be seen clearly in below screenshot:
JDa58Cq.jpg
- the system time is correct 22:53( vu+ is getting it from ntp server with scheduled ntpdate, fired every hour from crontab)
- I also added config.misc.useTransponderTime=false to /etc/enigma/settings while enigma2 was not running and it did not change anything since system clock was correct.
- deleted epg.dat file before a reboot
-for all transponder channels same issue exists
-In the channel list, in the single EPG view, in EPG-detail screens, in scheduled Timer entries, EPG is correct and as expected. only infobar (after zap or after event change) shows incorrect event.

btw while trying to see what transponder sends, I realised that dvbsnoop does not show any time offset info (e.g. local_time_offset_polarity, Next_time_offset,etc ) for problematic channels...

root@vuduo2:/etc# dvbsnoop 0x14 | grep -i time
Time received: Sat 2015-11-28  23:24:48.303
PID:  20 (0x0014)  [= assigned for: DVB Time and Date Table (TDT), Time Offset Table (TOT)]
Table_ID: 112 (0x70)  [= Time Date Table (TDT)]
UTC_time: 0xe00a212447 [= 2015-11-28 21:24:47 (UTC)]
root@vuduo2:/etc# date
Sat Nov 28 23:25:04 EET 2015
root@vuduo2:/etc# 

dont know if its related to my issue. Any advise?

Thanks for reading.

Edited by oasisngv, 28 November 2015 - 22:35.

Re: Infobar shows upcoming events for specific transponder channels #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 29 November 2015 - 10:16

Can't it be the whole transponder is in the wrong timezone? Including time AND EPG? That would explain why you get wrong EPG if you have the correct time on your receiver.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Infobar shows upcoming events for specific transponder channels #3 oasisngv

• 11 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 November 2015 - 20:42

Can't it be the whole transponder is in the wrong timezone? Including time AND EPG? That would explain why you get wrong EPG if you have the correct time on your receiver.

I believe its the case since I saw some other subscribers  with different receivers also reported similar issue. Its definitely problem of the provider, we all agree, I am trying to find a workaround. I am thinking to copy current-epg to another channel, and then back to same channel.. trying to find an easy way to do it.

I will update the subject if I achieve some progress.

Thanks.

Re: Infobar shows upcoming events for specific transponder channels #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:44

Hi,

If the suggestion I do here can be implemented this will also fix your problem:

http://forums.openpl...e-eit-epg-data/

Because you will them be able to "block" the EIT epg on the "wrong EIT data" channels and use the Rytec EPG instead.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users