Vu+ Solo SE + OpenPLi + Nas Bufalo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nomzamo

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 November 2015 - 15:03

Hello everyone,

this is my first post so I hope I'm not making an obvious question. I've just bought a VU+ Solo SE and installed the OpenPLi image on it. I've been trying to get the VU+ to play some movies from the NAS, but while I managed to browse the Hard Drive sand get into the folders, the mkv files are not visible. I tried to covert one to mp4...still nothing... Some other files , mostly tv shows also in mkv, are there and playable. So what could the problem be !? Can someone please enlighten me on the subject ? Thanks in advance for your precious help,

Regards

Alessandro

Re: Vu+ Solo SE + OpenPLi + Nas Bufalo #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 29 November 2015 - 20:53

Hi,

I guess you use the network browser but this one is used to map a shared drive into your OpenPLi. Not to browse files.

So you first need to mount the share in OpenPLi.

Then you need to use the Mediaplayer to play your multimedia files from the mount point. (In the media player press the yellow button.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users