• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Re: Enigma2 External Tuner bugfix #41 el bandido

• 360 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 3 February 2016 - 05:45

@sundtek,

Can we "fill the gaps" and make ATSC work natively?

Please share any hints to make it happen.

Blackhole has some ATSC test images that almost work. It would probably save time to inspect the last test images to see what has been added.

Enigma2 and fta receivers are hobbies for me, and I have spent a lot of time trying to get ATSC working in enigma2. My knowledge and skills are very limited and I learn by things by trial & error. Here are some items that I know are missing for ATSC in OpenPLi:

(1) Provisions for ATSC channels need to be added in the Channel Selection.py file
(2) Read ATSC transponders will need to be added in NimManager. "def readTransponders(self):"
(3) ATSC.xml will need to be added to etc/tuxbox. (I have a complete ATSC.xml file if needed)
(4) ATSC drivers for usb sticks will need to be added, or provisions will be needed so they may be easily installed.

That is just a partial list.You can expect to add lot more to get ATSC fully operational in OpenPLi.

I am currently using two ATSC usb sticks by Sundtek.These sticks are connected to separate antennas, and give me terrestrial options that I have never had in any system before. My terrestrial tv has improved by a large amount, and I appreciate the development done by Sundtek!

I would also be glad to work with anyone that has a genuine desire to add native ATSC to OpenPLi. EB

Re: Enigma2 External Tuner bugfix #42 pop_eye

• 240 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 5 February 2016 - 21:16

We're talking about ATSC 2.0 here not about ATSC 3.0, that will be the next next step.

Yo, homie...please enlighten us...

What major differences you see between ATSC and ATSC 2.0 which is actually backward compatible with the legacy one as you want to mention.

Except probably the ATSC-MH which is only present in major cities of North America for mobile applications.

I don`t see anyone here wearing their enigma2 box on a wrist ...if you know what I am talking about. :)

So, what is holding you ? I dont get it...

Edited by pop_eye, 5 February 2016 - 21:20.

Re: Enigma2 External Tuner bugfix #43 sundtek

• 169 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 6 February 2016 - 00:42

Yo, homie...please enlighten us...

What major differences you see between ATSC and ATSC 2.0 which is actually backward compatible with the legacy one as you want to mention.

Except probably the ATSC-MH which is only present in major cities of North America for mobile applications.

I don`t see anyone here wearing their enigma2 box on a wrist ...if you know what I am talking about. :)

So, what is holding you ? I dont get it...

Pointless to discuss with you you should be banned from this forum for all the wrong things you're writing. That way you are not contributing anything here.

We're outside of the US and even seem to have a better knowledge about what's going on in the States than you.

http://atsc.org/wp-c...22-ATSC-2.0.pdf

1.1 Introduction and Background ATSC 2.0 is designed to take the experience of television-watching on fixed receivers to the next level by introducing a number of enhanced features based on newly-developed standards and focused application of existing standards. 

Re: Enigma2 External Tuner bugfix #44 pop_eye

• 240 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 6 February 2016 - 02:10

Pointless to discuss with you you should be banned from this forum for all the wrong things you're writing. That way you are not contributing anything here.

We're outside of the US and even seem to have a better knowledge about what's going on in the States than you.

http://atsc.org/wp-c...22-ATSC-2.0.pdf

1.1 Introduction and Background ATSC 2.0 is designed to take the experience of television-watching on fixed receivers to the next level by introducing a number of enhanced features based on newly-developed standards and focused application of existing standards. 

Right...for sure you know everything :)..that's why is called " ATSC Working Draft Template, Annex A Proposed Standard: A/107 –ATSC 2.0 Standard "

And continuing with the silly excuses...

What enigma2 community owes you ???  Did you invented hot water ? All your support is only for your products.

Normal customers would think that if some big shot developer advertises ATSC support hardware in enigma2 stb then he means that.

Ban me...yay...good solution by Sundtek

Edited by pop_eye, 6 February 2016 - 02:13.

Re: Enigma2 External Tuner bugfix #45 el bandido

• 360 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 6 February 2016 - 05:21

@pop_eye,

I find most of what you have posted here about ATSC to be untrue.... ATSC 3.0 Is vaporware???? I guess ATSC 3.0 Does not exist either???....For the uninformed, ATSC 3.0 Does Work and is currently being tested. It is NOT vaporware.

You have a Working ATSC usb stick for enigma2? Does it have 11 day epg? It costs about 20 dollars and is fully functional in an enigma2 system? Please provide the make/model number of this ATSC usb stick because I would like to buy one. Please post some screenshots of this ATSC usb stick operating in enigma2 so I may compare it to the Sundtek ATSC device. Thanks. EB

Re: Enigma2 External Tuner bugfix #46 pop_eye

• 240 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 6 February 2016 - 15:43

@el bandido - any ATSC stick is just a tuner with demodulator. It does not know what to do with the epg, however enigma2 does.

I am not playing cheap shots at sundtek, he still did not answer, why is he insisting that it is user responsibility to make his hardware work in North America using proper ATSC spec. My dreambox is working with this since 2012. I only use it as backup when sat signal is poor.

As far me giving you proof about ATSC and EPG functioning, I live in an area where "legacy" ATSC is still being used and since broadcasters are not following the specifications to the letter some channels have EPG and some don't, I might get lucky sometime that I can get current and next or 6h epg.

Some of the EIT is huffman encoded...but depends on your local broadcaster,

https://github.com/m...ee/atsctext.cpp

Attached Files

Edited by pop_eye, 6 February 2016 - 15:48.

Re: Enigma2 External Tuner bugfix #47 pop_eye

• 240 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 6 February 2016 - 15:55

wrong attachment...see following:

Attached Files

Re: Enigma2 External Tuner bugfix #48 el bandido

• 360 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 6 February 2016 - 17:02

Your image is an Experimental ATSC image dated from 2012 and is not current. Have you considered updating your receiver to a more modern image? I have seen this image before and it is not a complete ATSC image. That is why it is labeled as Experimental.

Genpix Skywalker 1 Is DVB-S2. It is not ATSC. Where are your ATSC tuners??? Do not see any ATSC listed in your nims.

Nobody has a working ATSC solution in enigma2 that I know of except Sundtek. We could care less if DVB-T is being used in enigma2 to transport the signal from the antenna to the tv screen. What matters is it works!

It would be nice if the usb tuners did not change modes unexpectedly, and that has been the main reason of my post in this thread. Look around and you will see that other brands of usb tuners are having similar issues.

Also,
ATSC 3.0 Does exist and is being tested. It is not vaporware. I find the information about ATSC and the different modes of ATSC that has been posted by Sundtek to be correct.

Edited by el bandido, 6 February 2016 - 17:06.

Re: Enigma2 External Tuner bugfix #49 pop_eye

• 240 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 6 February 2016 - 18:25

Huh ? I given you the proof that is working and also what you need to do to make it work.

It's called experimental because I experimented with it. In your opinion if its not public , it must not exist.

Sure, not a problem continue kissing sundtek behind..I thought you will see the light.

I shared my last 2 cents on this, have a great day

Edited by pop_eye, 6 February 2016 - 18:27.

Re: Enigma2 External Tuner bugfix #50 el bandido

• 360 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 6 February 2016 - 18:36

Sundtek Delivered and you have not done anything except troll this thread. You have shown nothing but ignorance and stupidity on this subject. You have a great day too EB

Re: Enigma2 External Tuner bugfix #51 pop_eye

• 240 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 6 February 2016 - 18:58

Sundtek Delivered and you have not done anything except troll this thread. You have shown nothing but ignorance and stupidity on this subject. You have a great day too EB

Really, how he delivered if you keep asking for support...

Let's not turn this into a feud. If he delivered then now you should be happy, but apparently you are not.

Re: Enigma2 External Tuner bugfix #52 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,964 posts

+334
Excellent

Posted 7 February 2016 - 15:26

sundtek
root@et8500:~# cat /proc/bus/nim_sockets
NIM Socket 0:
        Type: DVB-S2
        Name: AVL6211
        Frontend_Device: 0
        Has_Ouput: yes
        I2C_Device: 0
NIM Socket 1:
        Frontend_Device: 1
        I2C_Device: 1
NIM Socket 2:
        Frontend_Device: 2
        I2C_Device: 2
NIM Socket 3:
        Type: DVB-C
        Mode 0: DVB-T2
        Mode 1: DVB-C
        Mode 2: DVB-T
        Name: Si216x
        Frontend_Device: 3
        I2C_Device: 3
NIM Socket 4:
        Name: Sundtek DVB-S/S2 (IV) (0/0) (USB)
        Frontend_Device: 4
        Has_Ouput: no

this tuner(DVBT-2) not in list /proc/bus/nim_sockets

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Enigma2 External Tuner bugfix #53 sundtek

• 169 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 8 February 2016 - 19:17

Dimitrij, seems like you reached the maximum of that box. The settopbox vendor has to increase this limit I guess.

Re: Enigma2 External Tuner bugfix #54 MastaG

• 1,531 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 8 February 2016 - 19:50

sundtek, does your usb mediatv dvb-c adapter also feature a hardware descrambler?

For example so I can use the CA device with oscam to decode my channels in hardware instead of libdvbcsa?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users