timer recording sanity is broken

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #81 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:52

one week later, and so far I've experienced very few problems, to my surprise. I haven't had any timer conflicts yet, I did have one issue with autotimer which had inserted all new timers as "de-activated" which was strange as I didn't get a conflict so I don't understand why autotimer created all timers de-activated, but this only happened once. If it occurs again I'll take some screenshots and I'll send the autotimer logfile.

now I did notice something strange this morning, not sure if I had to create a new thread for this but here goes :

when checking my timers list, I see that no timers are currently active :

Attached File  conflict2.jpg   89.88KB   4 downloads

yet I see the "REC" text flashing on the front display, and there's a red dot in the status screen :

Attached File  conflict1.jpg   94.04KB   4 downloads

so, what's going on ? at first I thought something was streaming, but this wasn't the case. Then I noticed the following :

Attached File  conflict3.jpg   90.41KB   5 downloads

a timer registered for this afternoon is "in preparation" ?

sure thing, if I look at the recording list I see the timer recording entry, size 0, with the correct epg attached to it, and a recording date set for this afternoon ("vandaag" means "today") :

Attached File  conflict4.jpg   82.22KB   5 downloads

if that ain't strange, I wouldn't know what is.............

the box isn't being booted during the night, and there were no strange recordings on strange channels (with badly set timings) so what's going on ?

also, this "future" recording seems to have taken tuner D already (look at the 2nd screenshot) which I suppose might be a problem if at any time before this recording tuner D is needed for another recording.

not sure what can be done against this ........ if you need any info, just ask.

Edited by jeanclaude, 25 April 2016 - 08:54.

DreamBox 7000S+8000HD (eindelijk), openPLi, CCcam, 85 cm schotel, draaibare opstelling en VEEL te weinig slaap.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #82 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,019 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:25

When timer in start --> first status "in preparation".

And if the record is not really be written, for example there is no free tuner or service is not in the channel list, such a status "in preparation" show  always.

Edited by Dimitrij, 25 April 2016 - 09:26.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #83 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:31

Dimitrij,

there's no need for that timer to be "in preparation" !

it's set for this afternoon so it's still hours before the real recording should start.

this timer should only go "into preparation" at 14:50

and as I have no timer conflict on this recording, a tuner should be available at that time.

DreamBox 7000S+8000HD (eindelijk), openPLi, CCcam, 85 cm schotel, draaibare opstelling en VEEL te weinig slaap.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #84 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,019 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:56

I do not know how this is possible at all.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #85 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:06

neither do I, but it's happening anyhow. I believe it was mentionned before in this thread but I didn't go into details then.

software is up-to-date : last flash was only one week ago

I'll keep an eye on it.

I suppose we should really need an enigma logfile, but as this is very huge and the event is only happening sporadically, I don't think that's feasable to do.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #86 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,604 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:35

Perhaps something very weird is going on with the current time on your box? I've never seen any of this behaviour either.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #87 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 25 April 2016 - 13:21

nope, that's just it : time is normal, no reboots, no weird channels selected.

but I have the impression that it's always on SyFy, and somehow it seems linked with the double timers I noticed in the past. And it's always a timer set by the autotimer plugin which is gong through the roof.

if I find anything, I'll let you know

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #88 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 2 May 2016 - 09:53

one week on ....... first the good news : I'm NOT getting any timer recording conflicts any more, so this seems to be working OK now. Even the autotimer plugin is now behaving correctly, disabeling timer recordings only when it really has to, so I'm again at ease, I can even dare not to check my timer recordings every evening as I've been doing the last few months...

now the bad news : there's still something fishy going on with the recording activating logic itself. When I looked this morning, I got the following timer list :

Attached File  conflict1.jpg   94.13KB   1 downloads

and yet the REC indicator was flashing again. And indeed :

Attached File  conflict2.jpg   94.46KB   1 downloads

so with no recording currently active, I did an "init 4" and I have launched enigma2 from the telnet prompt, catching all the output. I have waited for the first recording to start, but nothing special happened, the recording was launched as it should be, nothing else. So I waited for the 2nd recording to become active ("Andromeda" at 10:11) and bingo :

Attached File  conflict4.jpg   86.01KB   2 downloads

a recording set for 18:51 ("relic hunter") got activated !

strangely now, if I look at the target recording folder, I get to see the following :

Attached File  conflict5.jpg   78.3KB   2 downloads

I see the Andromeda recording which was launched at 10:11, preceded by "relic hunter" but here the starting time is set to 14:51 ? 

even stranger, if I look at the beginning of the timer list, no more Andromeda :

Attached File  conflict3.jpg   89.42KB   3 downloads

so where has my timer of 10:11 gone to ? I'm guessing that somehow it has been altered to the "relic hunter" recording which is shown to be recorded at 18:51. Also note that this timer is actually twice in the list, once "actively recording" and once just in a waiting state.

now, I also know that at 10:00 a new download of the XMLV files is launched, followed by an autotimer run. Is it possible that downloading a new epg and running the autotimer plugin has an adverse effect on some of the running timers ? And why is this only happening on timers set to record from the SyFy 23.5E channel ?

anyhow, all this has been logged by enigma2, so here's the logfile (zipped) :

Attached File  debug.zip   33.04KB   1 downloads

hope this is helpful.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #89 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,019 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2016 - 12:13

Name 'maandag'  and 'Vandaag'  is same?

It is Monday?

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #90 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,604 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2016 - 13:26

Maandag == Monday

Vandaag == Today

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #91 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2016 - 13:28

Maandag == Monday

Vandaag == Today

And 'Today' is indeed 'Monday' :)

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #92 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,604 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2016 - 13:32

I was assuming Dimitrij is smart enough to work that out for himself... ;)

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #93 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,019 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 2 May 2016 - 13:36

Maybe it's the wrong internet EPG for SyFy 23.5E?

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #94 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 2 May 2016 - 13:56

it's coming from Rytec, so standard XMLTV input.

and no other sources activated.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #95 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,019 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 3 May 2016 - 05:46

I added a check for incorrect running timers https://github.com/O...nigma2/pull/282

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #96 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 3 May 2016 - 12:28

I'll update the day after tomorrow -  we'll see how it goes.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #97 Satpal

• 299 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 23 May 2016 - 19:38

I'm not a 100% sure if my question really fits in here but it might. There were two recurring timers starting this evening at 20.15. I deactivated one of them at 20.14 before the recording actually started. As the tuner for this recording wasn't released I thought I would have to delete it and create it afterwards again but this didn't help, still 3 tuners were in use, one for the channel I was watching and two for the timer recordings. There were no streaming clients or pip or anything else. So the deactivated and even deleted timer was still blocking one of the tuners which was confirmed when zapping to the channel the timer recording was intented for.

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #98 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,019 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:27

jeanclaude

Problems still remain?

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #99 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:00

yes.

I notice 2 problems :

- first the creation of double timers, often with the same starting & ending time

- second (though much more rare nowadays) the insertion of a timer conflict

I'm performing regular (weekly) updates. I've learned to live with it, I'm checking the timerlist daily to de-activate the double timers and resolve any conflicts should they arise.

but the problem is still there, I'm just not making any noise about it any more  B)

Re: timer recording sanity is broken #100 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,019 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 11 July 2016 - 12:53

- first the creation of double timers, often with the same starting & ending time

Same time begin/end and same service reference?

Please your /etc/enigma2/timers.xml,need name this timers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users