• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #61 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 19 April 2016 - 13:43

Pih, he's no fun at all, then... :D

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #62 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 19 April 2016 - 21:41

Some people simply have a proven track record of fake warnings, wrong assumptions and technically incorrect advices  ... and No - I'm not talking about myself :rolleyes:

The good thing is that I can prove things if I want to ... but when I'm annoyed ... you will not get anything.

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #63 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 19 April 2016 - 22:17

@gutemine

I do not read the whole thread  but in recent posts you're right.

And one more things drivers compatible with DVB API for STB are written based only on documentation.

Broadcom provide drivers, so simple DVB API drivers are only wrappers of the Broadcom drivers to provide DVB API drivers.

They are only wrappers but one team make better wrappers than others thats all.

Please also ignore @gorski

He does not know what he writes.

Regards,
SSS

Edited by samsamsam, 19 April 2016 - 22:19.

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #64 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 19 April 2016 - 22:25

are NOT written based only on documentation.

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #65 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:52

Hahaha!!! Nice one, g! :D :D :D Except that I remember clearly you were talking nonsense in Flash Expander thread... and no, you have neither retracted anything, nor apologised, as you claim you do... Which is a bit sad - but hey, we'll live... :D :D :D

(Ignore SSS, he is socially inept, as much as he is a good coder... apparently... ;) He can't understand that I never claimed any coding knowledge and that I am not cow-towing to His greatness in everything, no matter how bad it may be... kinda similar with your good self... :D Carry on... :) As much as it can be infuriating sometimes, it may also be fun to watch on occasion, how great coders can have very different visions of what is needed to fix a problem... Like in Science... or Philosophy... or Law... or... :D )

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #66 pop_eye

• 240 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:44

@gorski - who the heck are you judging others ?

Technically you are zilch, nada, zero..what else you want to say about that ?

Testing wise only scraps and pieces others throw at you...

Shut up and stay put..stop defending yourself...you are only acting like a prick.

Go, fill the void elsewhere.

Edited by pop_eye, 20 April 2016 - 02:47.

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #67 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:48

Guys, let's (try to) ignore Gorski; he's only here (and on other forums) to bash other people.

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #68 MastaG

• 1,531 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:25

Well he does take his time to carefully review and test various plugins and images.

He has a strong opinion but he did provide me with some good feedback regarding my initial images.

Also he wrote lots of guides and howto's for various plugins/images.

The same goes for gutemine, he's a very skilled programmer and has great knowledge regarding linux dvb platforms.

So even if opinions seem to differ (on both tech and non-tech matters), lets also recognize the good things in each other :)

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #69 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:17

@MastaG,

he's a very skilled programmer and has great knowledge regarding linux dvb platforms.

Are you sure? Are you talking about @gorski?

I think @gorski what help and can make many good things, but often he talks about which he does not know nothink.

Edited by samsamsam, 20 April 2016 - 09:22.

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #70 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:23

And that's why I wrote:

Please also ignore @gorski

He does not know what he writes.

talking nonsense in Flash Expander thread

What nonsense, can you remind me, please?

Regards,

SSS

Edited by samsamsam, 20 April 2016 - 09:25.

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #71 MastaG

• 1,531 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:31

I wrote:

The same goes for gutemine, he's a very skilled programmer and has great knowledge regarding linux dvb platforms.

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #72 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:22

I missed this. Sorry.

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #73 mirakels

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 7,599 posts

+62
Good

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:00

Some people simply have a proven track record of fake warnings, wrong assumptions and technically incorrect advices  ... and No - I'm not talking about myself :rolleyes:

The good thing is that I can prove things if I want to ... but when I'm annoyed ... you will not get anything.

Some people simply have a proven track record of letting the world know how good they are, how they think other people don't read properly, assume they only give good advice and good comments, have the phrase 'been there, done that' as their motto, but never ever show anything tangible or proof anything because the don't want to because they feel annoyed by littlest criticism ... at least not on this forum. ... and No - I'm not talking about myself :rolleyes:

@all, please continue with the technical discussion that can improve the informational value of this topic. I like the topic and the original poster wanted to discuss a serious topic and is not interested in whether gutemine, gorski et all are bad people or not. We all may have different opinions and believes about the possibility of X11 on the video device or frame buffer, but please give constructive comments (even if they contain a bit of annoyance to tease people, but don't make it a fight.)

If you all insist on continuing this side discussion, please open a new thread in the Lounge section.

Geen wonder... Had slechts een dm7000, maar wel ook een rotor. eigenlijk al een tijdje ook een dm600 en dm7025. Maar nu kijkend met een et9000 en vuduo

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #74 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 20 April 2016 - 17:45

OK, Mirakels, I will respond to these twisted attacks just once and then stop in this thread, as you asked.

Rob, no wonder you write this complete nonsense, time and again, since you are so humourless - at least gutemine can do a few rounds of relatively good banter, here and there (give credit where credit is due :) ). But since you are not as good a coder as he is, apparently, you are that much more insecure and touchy. Vindictiveness is one of the major self-destructive elements in life. Let's see how great a person you are and see if you can get over your great self, simply because I chose to disagree with your grand self once or twice. Now, how dare I? Hmmppffff... Jeezus... How petty is that?

@gorski - who the heck are you judging others ?

stop defending yourself...you are only acting like a prick.

P_E, apart from knocking "heroically" on an open door :rolleyes: (how many times do I have to say I am not from Tech Sciences before you actually get it, Einstein?!? :D ) - I am who I am and I do what I do from principled grounds, unlike you, who really are nothing but a prick. Taking arrogant and narcissistic kids (no matter how old) to task is something that has to be done on occasion but only when it is really needed and warranted, when their behaviour is really nasty, demeaning to others and doing damage to the hobby, by abusing hobbyists etc.! I have been in this hobby for a long time, with some of the greatest of them and I have nothing but the best spirit of it in my heart, unlike you, it seems. Judging others? So, what the heck are you doing just now, what the hell is it, if it isn't judging me, eh, Zweistein? Defending oneself, Dreistein, is one of the very, very few universal laws, wherever and whomever you might be. It's just "interesting" that you recognised yourself amongst those I keep reminding - at times - they are just Human and that they should behave appropriately... And if you haven't - but you are attacking/judging me nevertheless - then you are jumping into your own stomach no end, showing your hypocrisy just nicely... :D So, there is your "logic" destroyed. Btw, you have this inner nasty streak whereby you are needing to confirm your "greatness" by putting people down (even when they are not claiming that which you are "criticising"). The very need for "superiority" is telling, in your and many other cases in our little hobby. You may wanna take a good, hard look at that, with some professional help. Especially since I am neither stupid, not uneducated, for you to be trying this utterly childish nonsense...

Well done, MastaG, that's the spirit! :)

SSS, if you are having trouble understanding things, whatever the language, read slowly and think thrice before you write! It would do you good. It would help you! Why? Well, you may be very offensive at times, perhaps without realising it. I have an autistic son and I do know a lot about these issues, like it or not, and you do exhibit some elements of this "social challenge" that plagues people like my son and I believe you, too, sadly. You have shown this "misunderstanding of others" many times before. So, it would be good to control yourself a bit and so reduce the needless conflicts you are creating for no good reason whatsoever. It is WRONG to call people names (stupid, liars etc.) if they simply misunderstood something or if they made an error. That is WRONG, OK? Inform them first, properly, then you may earn friends, rather than constant conflicts. And that is just a plain simple and honest feedback, OK? Not an attacks by any means! (Let's see if you can understand this...)

OKI, that's enough of that, let's get back to the hobby - in better spirits, OK? :)

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #75 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 20 April 2016 - 19:24

are we now compaing d* sizes ?

The OP should get the X11 in the Framebuffer working, now that he got all the necessary information.

Then he maybe will realize that the performance is already pretty good. My Dreambox 7080 can play SD Video Quality even directly in the frmebuffer.

Next he will maybe even realize that there are already 'players' available on Debian Wheezy software feed which can use the video device directly.

Edited by gutemine, 20 April 2016 - 19:26.

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #76 pop_eye

• 240 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 21 April 2016 - 16:34

Following is a VideoCore IV GPU driver GPL driver implementation which can be adapted for other mailbox mechanism (if one has access to the closed source sdk and tries to adapt).

The main benefit that I see is Share the GPU by multiple applications which a full blown computer can provide.

http://maazl.de/project/vcio2/doc/

Edited by pop_eye, 21 April 2016 - 16:37.

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #77 Jonhmut

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:48

There SDK from BCM7XXX Nexus, I can share, I myself am not good at programming. There will be somebody who can write the video driver for Linux?

Edited by Jonhmut, 20 February 2017 - 07:48.

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #78 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 20 February 2017 - 19:17

Prove it ;) The SDK is NDA...

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #79 Jonhmut

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 February 2017 - 00:47

https://drive.google...aXI0V3d3emtBWFk

Himself collected examples bcm7231, everything started working, I would like to port it openpli or openelec. But selenium in programming.

Re: X11 Desktop fbdev #80 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 21 February 2017 - 19:10

Himself collected examples bcm7231, everything started working, I would like to port it openpli or openelec. But selenium in programming.

???

We do not have any STB with a bcm7231 in our portfolio, btw.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users