• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 17 April 2016 - 15:02

POPULAR

Dear all,

Please find source code of the exteteplayer3 here:

https://github.com/s...yer/exteplayer3

Perhaps the code is not a top-flight because I made many things very fast (to make it works) and there is nothing to be proud, but I have big hope that the E2 community finds usefulness of this code.

It is based on libeplayer, some part of PES formater are taken from dvbmediasink.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generally I think that I should not publish them, due to wrong behavior and disgusting insinuations of persons like @gorski or @christophecvr. 

Maybe @christophecvr. is frustrated because he put too much effort into gstreamer and now there is solution which give alternative.

I do not know but I hope that you (@christophecvr) take in the account  that I spend time to give user stable, well working player, because standar E2 player not work stable not because that I get bored. 

And your posts where you wrote untruths, call me "0000", make disgusting insinuations about "spyware,trackers,viruses,pishing" inside the code are NOT OK and you should say sorry.  You make personal attack because you have no arguments and you can not found answer to my arguments.

I know, maybe you have been embittered and you wrote under the influence of emotions, but now is time to say sorry and we can continue to work for the common good.

Best regards,

SSS

Edited by samsamsam, 17 April 2016 - 15:02.

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #2 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,471 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 17 April 2016 - 15:51

thank you for sharing and your kind words!

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #3 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 17 April 2016 - 16:34

@samsamsam: You should be proud for any code you wrote and made it open. Any code is better than no code. And exteplayer3 is not just "any code", it is a very usefull code in the open source STB community. Good job!!!

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #4 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 17 April 2016 - 16:53

@malakudi

exteplayer3 is only continuation of great works others developers.

This code was developed by many persons I only continue the work and write PES formaters for BRCM based STB and other changes.

But this is only continuation of great works others developers.

Saying about "not proud" referred only to my changes.

Regards,

SSS

Edited by samsamsam, 17 April 2016 - 16:55.

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #5 MastaG

• 1,531 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 17 April 2016 - 18:31

Great job samsamsam!

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #6 pop_eye

• 240 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 18 April 2016 - 02:31

@samsamsam - thank you for your contribution and hard work

Could we now try using ffmpeg soft decoding techniques for unsupported media files (in SoC)

or we are still limited to the supported codecs in stb drivers ?

Edited by pop_eye, 18 April 2016 - 02:35.

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #7 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:27

I'm not sure if this source code has anything to do with it, but my dream would be to be able to convert 4:2:2 to 4:2:0 on the fly in the mipsel box.

Now we need a computer to do that.

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #8 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:35

It will have to be done in software. I don't think the SoC will have enough CPU power. At least not in real time.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #9 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 18 April 2016 - 13:34

Well done, that's the spirit! :)

P.S. As a coder, I kept giving you credit, whether you were here or not, and when I saw an "unfounded attack" on your IPTV Player - I tried to set the record straight, I defended it, i.e. your work as a coder, even after you "left", especially since you were not here to defend yourself, as a gentleman should (check it out, it's all here, in the open, before you start the lies and insinuations, please - facts, please!). You, on the other hand, keep behaving badly towards me, so in fact your accusation of me really should be directed back to your good self, thanx...

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #10 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 18 April 2016 - 17:29

@samsamsam - thank you for your contribution and hard work

Could we now try using ffmpeg soft decoding techniques for unsupported media files (in SoC)

or we are still limited to the supported codecs in stb drivers ?

In case of audio - Yes

In case of video - No

When you have some audio codec you can decode it via ffmpeg libs and inject to the audio decoder as RAW AUDIO (PCM) data with added PES headers. 

Also in case of video you can decode video but the video decoder do not accept RAW video (for example in YUV format).

Because Video decoder do not accept RAW video frames then you will must to render them by your self but as I know you do not have access to the video layer.

Generally you can try to render them on OSD layer but this is not good solution.

Also when you will render video by yourself then you need to take care of audio <-> video synchronization.

This is not a trivial task.

Another solution will be to decode not supported format and then encoded to supported codec and then inject to video decoder in new format.

But for encoding you need much more power and it will not be possibile to make it in real-time.

However there is another things.

Some codec can not be decoded due to hardware limitation but due to lack in drivers code.

For example FLV1 or MJPEG this formats are supported by hardware but there is no support in drivers.

I hope that these explanations will help.

Regards,

SSS

Edited by samsamsam, 18 April 2016 - 17:29.

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #11 tecfan69

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 April 2016 - 19:18

Just compiled exteplayer3 and serviceapp. All streams play very well but seeking with 1 and 4 on the remote doesn't work. Also fastforward and fastbackward doesn't work. Can somebody confirm that ?

Thank you guys for your work.

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #12 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 18 April 2016 - 19:33

Fastforward and fastbackward are not implemented. 

All code for this functionalities has been removed.

I do not try via serviceapp but seeking generally is working very well you can try to use exteplayer3 via the IPTVPlayer to check.

Regards,

SSS

Edited by samsamsam, 18 April 2016 - 19:34.

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #13 pop_eye

• 240 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 18 April 2016 - 21:09

@samsamsam Even audio is a great plus :)  Very good addition !

I can see >400 Mhz stbs being more then capable on decoding in software what is missing in hardware.

Edited by pop_eye, 18 April 2016 - 21:12.

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #14 mx3L

• 616 posts

+79
Good

Posted 26 April 2016 - 18:12

Just compiled exteplayer3 and serviceapp. All streams play very well but seeking with 1 and 4 on the remote doesn't work. Also fastforward and fastbackward doesn't work. Can somebody confirm that ?

Thank you guys for your work.

fast-forward, fast-backward is not implemented even in serviceapp. I don't see point of it, maybe if fast-backward worked properly(I guess this could be done only by pushing keyframes to decoder in reverse) then we can add it.

seeking is now fixed in serviceapp, I used seek-relative function of exteplayer3 to make relative seeks, which is not precise since we are using pts from last written packet to decoder instead of pts of shown frame as a start point for seeking.

I need to look at it further but probably this is simple fix in exteplayer3.

Edited by mx3L, 26 April 2016 - 18:13.

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #15 ozzsurf

• 131 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 26 April 2016 - 19:20

using ffmpeg by samsamsam

converting HEVC x265 on just the vusolo2  (no pc)

its slow but

end result is perfect

ffmpeg -i "/hdd/movie/hevc.x265.mkv" -f lavfi -i aevalsrc=0 -shortest -c:v mpeg2video -qscale:v 3 -c:a copy "/hdd/movie/x265.ts"

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #16 Alexvrs

• 36 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 26 April 2016 - 23:08

Hi guys, great that you develop this project, I found the code is very similar to the provided samsamsam, which carried the subtitle, and even some of the features, I hope it will help you to improve the functionality exteplayer3.

http://dev.h1714512....ols/libeplayer3

:)

Один — стоит, Единый движется.

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #17 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 26 April 2016 - 23:14

Hello,

Did you read the first post:

It is based on libeplayer, some part of PES formater are taken from dvbmediasink.

?

Edited by samsamsam, 26 April 2016 - 23:15.

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #18 Alexvrs

• 36 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:10

@sss

Tnx, Yes I read your first post, but isn't familiar with the primary source, it is possible it as contains functions which aren't implemented in exteplayr3. It seemed to me that the additional source found me with the open code can be useful to improving of exteplayr3 created by you.

Один — стоит, Единый движется.

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #19 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:12

using ffmpeg by samsamsam

converting HEVC x265 on just the vusolo2  (no pc)

its slow but

end result is perfect

ffmpeg -i "/hdd/movie/hevc.x265.mkv" -f lavfi -i aevalsrc=0 -shortest -c:v mpeg2video -qscale:v 3 -c:a copy "/hdd/movie/x265.ts"

How about Full HD 4:2:2 to be converted to Full HD 4:2:0?

I understand real-time conversion is not possible even on the fastest boxes but how long would it last?

Do you think you could make soime tests?

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: exteplayer3 - source code #20 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:23

@Robinson

You can make test using directly ffmpeg binary.

Edited by samsamsam, 27 April 2016 - 09:23.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users