• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kolomparrudi

• 41 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:17

Hi,

My Xtrend ET8000 has 3 DVB-C/T2 tuner (Si2169). Now I'm suffering quality problems in the 2nd and 3rd tuner. The issue is not persistent, it started only 1-2 weeks ago:

With the 1st tuner the SNR is around 56-57%

With the 2nd tuner the SNR is only 44%

The 3rd tuner cannot tune the channels, because the bad signal.

2 weeks ago I was able to use all the 3 tuners without any problem. 

I tried to install a signal ampifier, but the SNR didn't increased.

Can it be software, driver related problem (it seems tuners output is not ampified) or hardware problem?

Br,

Laszlo

Re: DVB-C signal strength #2 goldeneye

• 1,030 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:27

If this issue started a few weeks ago (and no change whatsover was made during this period) there are 2 options..
1st. Provider changed the signal strength. This is done without any prior warning to the customer...
2nd. Tuner has bad capacitors due to heat...

You can try and swap the tuner. Preferably the 3rd and place it in location of 1st tuner. If the 'bad' tuner now works you can eliminate this... Check the powersupply of the box. Most likely the +12v rail is crashing.... Replace PSU or check for bad capacitors in the power supply....

Re: DVB-C signal strength #3 ElvisOwen

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 April 2016 - 15:39

Hi, i am new to this forum and want to learn more and more from you people. I think the problem is from hardware. As goldeneye said it may be only due the capacitor problem.

So check your capacitor first by replacing it with new one. Also try by using the different tuner with same system.

Re: DVB-C signal strength #4 kolomparrudi

• 41 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:54

Hi,

I think the problem cased by the signal booster, when I removed it, the SNR is almost the same on 1st, 2nd and 3rd tuner. I hope it will be a permanent solution. My box is quite new, hope it's not hardware issue.

Br, Laszlo

Re: DVB-C signal strength #5 goldeneye

• 1,030 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:01

I don't know which cable provider you are using.. Normally the output is good for 1 TV (or tuner). In my specific case (Ziggo NL) I installed a Tratec 752-N amplifier which is connected directly from the ANT in on my wall socket and has 4 buffered outputs.. This ensures proper signal for all my DVB-C tuners.. Signal boosters per se are not necessary. Just a clean input without RF distortion.. Signal boosters tend to amplify everything especially the noise..

Re: DVB-C signal strength #6 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:48

A "signal booster" (or amplifier) is almost never necessary. Most of the time it only make the signal worse, because the level of the signal is already optimal and the amplification only adds noise.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: DVB-C signal strength #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 1 May 2016 - 21:55

Hi,

For some cable operator you sometimes needs to install an amplifier it you want to split the signal into several cables for different TVs.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: DVB-C signal strength #8 kolomparrudi

• 41 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 3 May 2016 - 15:14

Hi,

In my house the incoming cable is splitted to 4 way, these splitters decreases the signal level that's why I tried the booster.

Laszlo

Re: DVB-C signal strength #9 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 4 May 2016 - 19:42

Hi,

Use an active splitter that will amplify the signal on every output, that's what my cable operator install at my home to dispatch on my TVs.

When they start broadcasting HD channels the signal was strong, then later on they decreased the signal strength for the HD channels and the amplifier become mandatory.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: DVB-C signal strength #10 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 5 May 2016 - 11:29

If you're going to use an amplifier anyway, use it at the first point you have access to. If you're going to add an amplifier right before the receiver, it will only add noise. The best way is to split and amplify the signal in one go (using an "active" splitter).

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users