• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 May 2016 - 14:35

Hi,

I setup partnerbox between my boxes. Both are DM800SE. One is in my house in the city and the other is in my country house 150 km outside of town. I don't want to setup a satellite dish since that would mean additional cost for the dish it self as well a new subscription. So that works well for me since I have a speed of up to 15mbit/sec. 

The problem is, though, that my IP in the city only provide DHCP (no static IP) and sometimes this ip changes and I have to make a new entrance in my partnerbox setup. This wouldn't be a problem for me, but since my wife is there a lot without me she doesn't have a clue how to do this. 

I have after some fiddling installed inadyn in my box in the city but are there a way to setup partnerbox with an URL instead of an IP address?

Cheers

kerm

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 24 May 2016 - 14:44

Hi,

Why not simply use the build in function of OpenPLi?  In this one you need to type in the full URL to use so a FQDN should not be a problem.

Menu - Setup - System - Customize - Enable fallback remote receiver

And enter the full URL in Fallback remote receiver URL  http://you_remote_server:8001

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #3 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 May 2016 - 14:55

Hi,

Wow, thanks for the answer I'll check this when I get home and give a feedback  ;)

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 24 May 2016 - 16:13

Hi,

You need to use the same channels list on your client STB than on your remote STB and simply disable the tuner on the client since you don't use them.

It should work.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #5 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:03

Hi,

But is it necessary to disable the tuner on my client?

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,593 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 26 May 2016 - 15:39

No, but if the tuner is enabled it will try the local tuner first. before using the fallback over IP. If the tuner is not connected, you only make zapping slower by not disabling it.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #7 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:17

Weird, but it doesn't work for me. So I have further questions:

1. Maybe it doesn't work for me because I have set webif password in the "server" box, how do I set a password in the URL in the client box.
2. Is there a way of making a special bouquet list in the client just for connecting to the "server" (fallback) receiver?

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,593 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2016 - 10:54

It can't handle passwords on the streaming port. And unfortunately the password implementation is linked to the webif, and we can't improve it because it would break to much.

And no, the fallback is just that, it will be tried whenever local tuners return a "tune failed".

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:03

2. Is there a way of making a special bouquet list in the client just for connecting to the "server" (fallback) receiver?

If you want that, use the remotestreamconverter plugin.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #10 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 28 May 2016 - 14:15

Is it available for dreambox 800se? 

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,593 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 28 May 2016 - 14:51

Yes, it is in the downloads.

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #12 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:48

Thanks, but can I use an URL instead of the IP?

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,593 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 29 May 2016 - 15:17

URL? You mean hostname? Don't know, never tried.

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #14 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 29 May 2016 - 16:10

I believe there was an option to do that. It's been a while since I used it... The logic is -for me- at bit counterintuitive. Just play with it a bit.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #15 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 4 June 2016 - 16:38

HI again,O

I've searched like a maniac not to ask to many noob questions, but do you know where I could find the config file for remotestreamconverter.

I can't find the pund "#" sign on my remote to enter the password for my "sever" box, so I'd figured maybe I could ftp in and write it in the config file :)

Edited by kermith, 4 June 2016 - 16:39.

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #16 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 4 June 2016 - 18:57

Hi,

Most plugin use the file:  /etc/enigma2/settings    (config.plugins......)

But in order to edit it you need to perform in telnet a:   'init 4'  edit your file and save it then 'init 3'

Pr2

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #17 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 5 June 2016 - 20:57

Hi,
Thanks for the tip. Got it connected all right. 

But why do I get a message saying "No data on transponder!" (Time out reading PAT). On most of the channels.

And I can stream only about 4-5 channels.

EDIT: Seems that I can only stream those channels that are on the same transponder.
By the way I disabled the tuner in the client so I could test it better.

Edited by kermith, 5 June 2016 - 21:01.

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #18 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 5 June 2016 - 23:14

EDIT 2: Weird, but all of a sudden it started ro work normally, now it can stream all channels. Let's see for how long  :huh:

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #19 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 6 June 2016 - 13:43

Down again.

I switched channel on the server with the remote, and ,bam, client only works with the channel on the same transponder.

It seems that, whatever I do, remotestreamconverter, won't jump to a channel in another transponder, that's why I keep getting the "No data on transponder!" (Time out reading PAT). On most of the channels. 

It lacks the "zip" command which I have in the app dreamDroid on my android tablet, that it changes to the channel and then stream it.

Anyone knows what I should do to make this work?

/kerm 

Re: Partnerbox URL and not IP #20 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 6 June 2016 - 14:20

Can it be that you're trying to stream and watch and record more transponders than the amount of tuners in your remote receiver?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users