Bug in manual scan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:19

Manual scan doesn't work any more. I only observed this today, and it is some time ago I scanned, so no idea when exactly it was introduced.

Setup: Ultimo, recently flashed and up-to-date, reflashed today using restore just to be sure, Tuner A setup for USALS, tuners B & C not configured, uploaded my own (self scanned) service lists (including lamedb).

Using the Satfinder I made sure all satellites and many transponders gave a good signal and tuner locked fine.

Problem:

1- tune to a service; reception = zero, but rotor moves neatly to the correct position.

2- do a manual scan on a satellite: no services found.

3- tune to a service, go to satfinder and click on OK to scan the transponder: now all services on that transponder are found correctly. After that the box tunes fine to those services in my bouquets.

Work-around:

Only way out now is to repeat this for all services; of course that's a hell of a job.

Remark:

1- Setting up the same box with another (non PLi) image, and all is fine.

2- The satfinder results prove that there is nothing wrong with my setup.

3- Using the same motor on other boxes (running other images) also show there is no (hardware or alignment) issue with it.

4- I also tried a DiSEqC 1.0 setup on tuner B: same result as with the motor setup. So it looks like a generic issue, not related to a specific setup

Re: Bug in manual scan #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 3 June 2016 - 09:02

Looks like something with a positioner. I don't see it on my static installation.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users