VLC 2.5 in Enigma2

DM800

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 DB800

• 28 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:59

I downloaded VLC 2.5 (want to play movie from my pc) that is avaible under plugins for DM800 but I can´t get the VLC to function. My DM 800 freeze and I have to unplug the power and start up again.
Can anyone confirm that VLC 2.5 is working in DM800/E2

Re: VLC 2.5 in Enigma2 #2 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 November 2008 - 21:37

Please see the wiki pages here >> e2MoviePlayer <<
It's a hobby, so mileage varies Tell your friends about our Pli Wiki as it is there to help you - Click here for the PLi Wiki

Re: VLC 2.5 in Enigma2 #3 DB800

• 28 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 December 2008 - 10:51

I have started to test the Movie Player in my Dreambox but I don´t get it to work.
I can´t see the moviefiles I have on my computer. The file and playlist are empty. I haven´t figured out how to create the signs : and \
on the remote controller when I want to setup my moviefolder.
In my VLC player I get this msg: [font=&quot]Unable to open 'dvdsimple://'[/font]

Someone who can help.

Re: VLC 2.5 in Enigma2 #4 ugg327

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 January 2009 - 07:26

I have started to test the Movie Player in my Dreambox but I don´t get it to work.
I can´t see the moviefiles I have on my computer. The file and playlist are empty. I haven´t figured out how to create the signs : and \
on the remote controller when I want to setup my moviefolder.
In my VLC player I get this msg: [font=&quot]Unable to open 'dvdsimple://'[/font]

Someone who can help.

I would also like to know how to type the location of the movies on my hard disk.. also how do i download the older version of vlc...VLC 0.86i the wiki link only goes to the version it says not to use.....

Re: VLC 2.5 in Enigma2 #5 DB800

• 28 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 January 2009 - 10:44

The VLC player will work with 0.9.8a I am running with that version.
When you configure your vlc on your DB just type the name of the folder where your movie is located on your computer i.e /movie
If you have a firewall installed on your computer disable it temporaraly and test.

Re: VLC 2.5 in Enigma2 #6 ugg327

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 January 2009 - 11:28

I have a few hard disks.... how do i tell it which hard disk. I have my movies in folders on I:\movies

Re: VLC 2.5 in Enigma2 #7 DB800

• 28 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 January 2009 - 14:00

If you create a folder on your desktop and name it movie and then try to access. In your config for vlc (Movie Directory = /movie)
When you get a connection you will be able to see all your disks located on your computer.

VLC must be running on your computer and the Webinterface in vlc added.

Re: VLC 2.5 in Enigma2 #8 ugg327

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 January 2009 - 14:20

Thanks for helping DB..
created a folder called movie on desktop. my vlc config is /movie ..when I start vlc plugin the file window is empty... web interface is running... the heading at the top of the file browser window says..
VLC://SERVER 3//movie .. the screen shot on the wiki has the colon in it...

Re: VLC 2.5 in Enigma2 #9 DB800

• 28 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 January 2009 - 16:50

Thanks for helping DB..
created a folder called movie on desktop. my vlc config is /movie ..when I start vlc plugin the file window is empty... web interface is running... the heading at the top of the file browser window says..
VLC://SERVER 3//movie .. the screen shot on the wiki has the colon in it...

Server 3 ? Does that mean you have 3 servers configured or did you just name the server/computer like that?
If you have several servers try to delete all and install just one and test.

By the way have you done a software update of you DM800. A major one is awaible in softwareupdates. I do not think this update helps you out, but always use the updated software.

Re: VLC 2.5 in Enigma2 #10 ugg327

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 January 2009 - 00:02

I gave up last night and went to bed... This morning I thought, what would happen if I just changed the Ip and left just the forward slash the way it was....Guess what, It works, can see all my hard disks and play movies.....
Thanks for the help...

Re: VLC 2.5 in Enigma2 #11 DB800

• 28 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 January 2009 - 07:09

I gave up last night and went to bed... This morning I thought, what would happen if I just changed the Ip and left just the forward slash the way it was....Guess what, It works, can see all my hard disks and play movies.....
Thanks for the help...

Nice to hear.

Re: VLC 2.5 in Enigma2 #12 astral

• 36 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 January 2009 - 19:29

The 0.8.6i version can be downloaded here

h**p://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/0.8.6i/win32/

Re: VLC 2.5 in Enigma2 #13 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 23 January 2009 - 20:04

Please type "http" instead of "h**p". There's nothing illegal about http and everybody knows it's "http".
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

Re: VLC 2.5 in Enigma2 #14 astral

• 36 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 January 2009 - 21:04

Sorry habit.
Some forums object the posting of links...........

Re: VLC 2.5 in Enigma2 #15 Arty

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 February 2009 - 14:17

I puted all of my 3 computers in streaming and connected from my dm800 but there where alot of freezes on all of them wich make the movie unviewable not to talk about mkv it's a no go. I don't have net problems cause i watch hd movies from one pc wich is connected to the same switch with dm800.
But since i have my net disk mounted to dm800 why do i have to stream? It only works that way?
thanx anyway for the images.

Re: VLC 2.5 in Enigma2 #16 SuperMaximus

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 March 2015 - 20:15

Who can advise on connecting to VLC 2.1.* 

It requests password, but VLC PLayer plugin does not include this option...

Results in "HTTP Unauthorized" error.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DM800

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users