Neutral

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:53

The PLi® Wiki.

We have developed a wiki for the following set top boxes that we support;

DM500 DM500plus DM56xx

DM600

DM7000 DM7020 DM7025

DM800 DM8000

Note: we do not support the DM100 as it is not a Linux based set top box.

This wiki is here to help answer your questions, provide howtos and so much more. It is a total resource for you and your friends to use to help you get the most out of your PLi® software experience on your DM set top box.

Do you see the way the words like DM500 are in blue in with a red underline above, well this means if you click on the word DM500 it will take you to the PLi® Wiki page for the DM500 set top box.

You will also many other words highlighted like this and sometimes when you post a question in this forum it will highlight the words you have written, which means there might already be an answer in the PLi® Wiki for you already.

While we have tried to add as much as possible to the wiki we welcome your input. As a registered user of this web site you can set up / add your own wiki pages. Please feel free to add to wiki. We have added a short layout / format details page here WikiStuff and more details on how to do it can be found here >> FormattingRules <<

Please use this resource and tell your friends about it.

With over 318,399 hits to the main HomePage alone since the release of our Jade software in the summer of 2008 - it is helping many users.

Are you using it?

Posted ImagePosted Image
It's a hobby, so mileage varies Tell your friends about our Pli Wiki as it is there to help you - Click here for the PLi Wiki

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #2 arishy

• 17 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 December 2008 - 19:44

With your tutorials I finally found my bearing!!!!.

Here are the areas that I love to see here and ready to do all what is needed ( Once I understand them) to communicate all back.

But I need pointer for the following

1. Directory Structure of PLi image( one liner on each directory and the ones that you should leaveuntouched) I do not expect Linux tutorial here, Just the SPECIFICS of PLi image
2. Anything you DO AS A USER to Dreambox like Satellite search reflects into new directories and files What and where they are? Actually I can list all these tasks ONE BY ONE when needed
3. Cams and keys Where to put them How to select them and how they get updated.What is the mechanics of interaction. A coded TV signal comes in ThenWHAT and most importantly what parts of DM reacts with the signal
4. There are a lot of irrelevant files setting there that do nothing for specific user Example If you use satellite reception no need to keep cable stuff etc For some it is a mere 1 kb ,here or there. For a clean "house" it means a lot.
5. To help really in education you must experiment. So, what do I do tobackup ALL (detailed and itemized) so I can flash erase the DM Put a new image Restore my stuff and keep going. Step by Step backup and restore proc.

I can expand on all these items. And I have the time to do this project . I have DM500 and DM600 and in the process of getting DM800. And have access to DM7020

My very best regards for a wonderful forum.

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #3 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,470 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 9 December 2008 - 20:03

our Wiki is public and can be updated by anyone who is a member on our forum here

so be our guest ;)

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #4 vinayr

• 37 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:45

Almost 250 views and no thanks from anyone yet ?

I'll be the first . Thankyou to the PLi image & Wiki team - especially my good friend Jonc .
Hope you all have good break with friends & family and come back with a fresh load of new ideas. Posted Image

All the best for Xmas and New Year .

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #5 Makka

• 8 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 February 2010 - 22:43

Makka, I've moved your question to the DM500 section. Please continue overthere.

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #6 liltinky

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:18

i need help with my siganl

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #7 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,470 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:17

new questions in a new topic in the right forum please!

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #8 yaninio

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 11 July 2010 - 18:07

What about Vu+ Duo.
It is also a Linux based set top box and for a lot much better than the most of the Dreamboxs

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #9 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,470 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 12 July 2010 - 17:06

everyone is free to add or edit existing pages...

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #10 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 19 July 2010 - 13:30

I want to added the telnet/busybox commands to the wiki (for dm8000 enigma2)

But i have one issue, the wiki formatting guide is Microsoft only. Because OpenOffice & Google docs don't support Italic text.

So I can't added it. Is it that i have to make a text file(odf / pdf or does it need to be a doc) and upload it to wiki and their it is?
A bit vague for me how the wiki exactly works.

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #11 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,470 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2010 - 13:32

http://www.pli-image...FormattingRules

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #12 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 19 July 2010 - 13:41

http://www.pli-image...FormattingRules

I've seen that page, tat'swhy I ask.
It say textformatting Italic font.

I'dd added what i created with openoffice so far. Is it good enough to added to wiki?

Seems like a Microsoft Office only wiki?

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2010 - 16:55

The wiki is, like posts here, a text based system.

Using a wordprocessor is pointless, you can not transfer any markup, using Notepad (gedit, geany, vi) will do.

As hemertje already mentioned, you use character codes in the text as markup. For example, to make a text render italic, you place it between //. Compare it to writing HTML, where you do exactly the same (but with a different syntax.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #14 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 19 July 2010 - 18:20

As hemertje already mentioned, you use character codes in the text as markup. For example, to make a text render italic, you place it between //. Compare it to writing HTML, where you do exactly the same (but with a different syntax.

Ok i get it. (sorry , first time i use such a wiki). I'm experienced in writing RSS2.0 feed by vim (or notepad).
I'll try it again, but i uploaded a odt file to wiki, how can i delete that? (or did you mods already removed it?)

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #15 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 19 July 2010 - 19:20

Finished.
It was a hell of a job, but i think i did it. (don't know how it look finally, so when will it be placed in the wiki? I uploaded as "Enigma2_Telnet_busybox.txt" to mypages.
(i also saw the *.odt file i uploaded as first, i hope someone can delete that file)
Curious when it will be showed, because if I did it correct we can easily copy telnet commands. /images/smiley/more_word_positive/1.gif

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #16 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 19 July 2010 - 20:35

omg...
I'm really a wiki noob.
Uploaded odt file, after that a txt file, but now when i look at other users, i see they upload image files.
So i realize i did stupid. /images/smiley/pfft.gif
I use now the change page, and then i realize i was correct this way.
Only issue i have now is, how can i place it on a correct wiki location. because now it's in "MyPages" and i guess I'm the only one who can see it.

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #17 jonc

• 2,667 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 July 2010 - 23:58

I have renamed the page to E2ShellCommands

It has now been included on all the E2 menu ie. DM7025 DM800 DM8000 Vu+Duo etc as
Howto's based on the latest PLi® images

All the Telnet Commands for your DM800

Great work so far
It's a hobby, so mileage varies Tell your friends about our Pli Wiki as it is there to help you - Click here for the PLi Wiki

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #18 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 20 July 2010 - 00:04

Great effort!

Thanx Jeroensky! /images/smiley/more_happy/21.gif

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #19 nfnovice

• 696 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:38

well done joc - your worth double the money you get for that
oops . (2 x 0) = 0 .. sorry mate but seriously good work
DM800+DM7025+DM7020+DM7000+DM600+DM5620+DM500+VUDUO Dreambox great invention - whats it for ?

Re: The PLi® Wiki - Help for all users #20 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:43

I have renamed the page to E2ShellCommands

It has now been included on all the E2 menu ie. DM7025 DM800 DM8000 Vu+Duo etc as
Howto's based on the latest PLi® images

All the Telnet Commands for your DM800

Great work so far

Thanks, it was some work, especially when it's the first time to use a wiki. I hope a admin will delete the uploaded ODT & TXT file.

Only thing that's not how i thought it would be: The Grab button. i thought it was away to copy the text that is in the white bar/area above it. But when i click on it it gives a lot of page code, instead of only the line of telnet/busybox code.
Maybe that someone can remove grab buttons, to prevent mistakes.

If i get updates(of users who discover/know other telnet/busybox commands then i'll update the wiki too. But the wiki already mention the Tab Tab method to see commands.

Thanks for not kicking me out the wiki, because i uploaded wrong files in the first place(odt/txt).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users