←  [EN] Third-Party Development

Forums

»

Clark Tech 550PVR

lyte0ne's Photo lyte0ne 25 Feb 2010

Is there any chance of an OFFICIAL conversion of the PLI-Jade for this receiver ?
I'm using PLI on my dreambox and would be great to be abble to use it also on my new CT 550pvr.

Thanks to all.....

Frenske's Photo Frenske 26 Feb 2010

Never say never is a known verb overhere.
But at the moment there are no plans of that kind.

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 26 Feb 2010

Technically is seems possible, the box has an IBM "Vulcan" STBx25xx chip, and fully compliant linux DVB API drivers.

Unfortunately we don't have the hardware, nor the development resources, to start supporting every box that meets these basic requirements. Our source is available to anyone via OpenPLi, we invite other developers to take up this challenge...

lyte0ne's Photo lyte0ne 26 Feb 2010

What should be a good base as start ? The DM500+ image or 600 couse allready has pvr bult-in ?

600 looks like a good guess.

You would have to do something with addressing the display (looks like it is used for the channel number?), I don't know if the API for that is known. It already runs E1, so it's certainly possible.

lyte0ne's Photo lyte0ne 26 Feb 2010

ok i'm on my way to try to make something out of it, don't know what will come out couse it's my first experience with this kind of developing...wish me luck and hope i'll get to the bottom of it :)

/images/smiley/more_word_greetings/7.gif

If you have specific questions, please post them in the "Third-party development" forum.