←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

Dts pass through

mrhdooley's Photo mrhdooley 11 May 2010

Does anyone know if DTS pass through is meant to work on the PLI images? If yes, mine is not working even with AC3 downmix off, if no, any idea if its on a list of things to be fixed?

Thanks in advance for any replies...

Regards

hemertje's Photo hemertje 11 May 2010

its not working for the VU boxes
contact the VU guys to fix there drivers for this...

Thanks. I imagine they are aware of the problem then, are they supposedly working on a fix?

Cheers again

hemertje's Photo hemertje 11 May 2010

we have no clue

hi,
I posted on the official vu forum and got this reply:

DTS Passthrough is working. You don't have to setup anything. Justconnect you DTS compatible Decoder to VU+ e.g. with an toslink cable.

but obviously this is not working for me! I have now been told that it works apparently with newer original images and the newer VTI image, any ideas?

I would like to stay with my PLI images!

regards

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 11 May 2010

Which version of OpenPLi are you running? When was the last time you flashed the image?

I downloaded an image from 8th of May as I just got the box last week. I have it connected with fibre optic cable to stereo that decodes DTS, but I get 'Gstreamer missing dts drivers' or something like this.

this is with AC3 downmix turned off and on and AC3 default on and off

when I say stereo, i mean my hifi system, used to be called 'stereos' at some point!

just flashed with VTI and DTS pass through works! but I want to keep using pli, any ideas?

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 11 May 2010

We're working on getting DTS working from MKV files, with downmix in software. This is a work in progress, and this could be related to that work.

Maybe a dev can comment?

thanks.

Maybe a passthrough is an easier solution in the meantime, this is working on other images.

how do i ask a dev? or get their input?

Regards

MiLo's Photo MiLo 12 May 2010

You just did!

Try the following:

- Disable AC3 downmix (You probably already have) in the Video settings in the menu.
- Remove the ".gstreamer-*" directory in /home/root (using FTP, DCC, telnet or ssh, e.g. "rm -rf /home/root/.gst*")
- Restart enigma2

Let me know if that solves the passthrough issue. It should remain solved then.

Expect a "better fix" in a few days.

pietdream's Photo pietdream 12 May 2010

You just did!

Try the following:

- Disable AC3 downmix (You probably already have) in the Video settings in the menu.
- Remove the ".gstreamer-*" directory in /home/root (using FTP, DCC, telnet or ssh, e.g. "rm -rf /home/root/.gst*")
- Restart enigma2

Let me know if that solves the passthrough issue. It should remain solved then.

Expect a "better fix" in a few days.

Worked for me and enjoying DTS sound again.

mrhdooley's Photo mrhdooley 12 May 2010

Ok , I set root password so I could use DCC. using FTP i deleted the directory. It now does not show as existing. Tried to play a movie and got the same error message about gstreamer. If I use the file manager on the vubox, gstreamer directory is showing as being there! but if I delete it says it doesnt exist! Could it be auto recovering or stored somewhere else? Although DCC ftp says it does not exist.

Regards

any ideas?

Regards

flashed box again, gstreamer dir definitely gone but dts still not working and same error message....

I wonder if the guy it worked for had updated latest drivers or was using old version?

Regards

pieterg's Photo pieterg 12 May 2010

..and what's the current value of your ac3 downmix setting?